closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post

Mine arrived today from our AD, it will not be sold on for instant profit.

Apologies for crap sideways iPhone pic.
    Congratulations on getting one and nice to know that Watchfinder won't get their hands on it. They sold one the other day and several hours later listed another with a different number. Watches.co.uk also have one.

The caseback is superb in the flesh - enjoy.

Craftsman
    Glad to hear stocks are still coming into the ADs. Was starting to think their allocations had all been pulled !!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Hmmmm....

Despite being offered one and paying in full for it last year, then being told it was on its way and I was definitely getting it every month since.... by my Omega Boutique.... seems I'm maybe not getting one after all. It's now apparently 50/50 and there's been some 'problem' with the allocation but they can't get any further information. Very much feels like I'm about to be shafted.

Not overly impressed with Omega right now. Not impressed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DDtB View Post
    Hmmmm....

Despite being offered one and paying in full for it last year, then being told it was on its way and I was definitely getting it every month since.... by my Omega Boutique.... seems I'm maybe not getting one after all. It's now apparently 50/50 and there's been some 'problem' with the allocation but they can't get any further information. Very much feels like I'm about to be shafted.

Not overly impressed with Omega right now. Not impressed at all.
    I was told a very similar story by an AD who had placed an order on behalf of a woman who wanted one for her husband on the occasion of his retirement. The woman had been popping in to the shop on a regular basis and making payments in cash as she did not want it appearing on her statements. Having paid for the watch in full the AD was guaranteeing delivery as they had been promised one by Omega and had allocated it to her. The bad news is that the retirement has been and gone and the AD now doesn't think Omega are going to honour the order, even after the manager told Omega their story.

Craftsman
    Yup. Mine was for a big birthday and another life event.... which has also been and gone now.

Beggars belief that Omega would confirm an allocation with the Boutique who then take payment in full.... but turn around nearly a year later and just say "sorry, here's your money back, you're not getting the watch we sold you after all... tough luck"

That's just not on.

If my order does indeed get cancelled.... I'll be looking for someone at Omega to explain why they think this is acceptable.

Banned
    Yes I have indeed dropped a load and used some sheets afterwards, thanks for asking.

Craftsman
    Just had the call.

Despite ordering last April, paying in full last year too... being constantly reassured I had one. Apparently Omega have now said the allocation isn't coming to the Boutique after all and they want to refund my money.

No watch and no chance of getting one from them.

Gutted and furious.

Craftsman
    If anyone knows of an AD in the UK that isn't shafting customers for this watch, feel free to let me know.

Starting to feel like I might just have lost any loyalty to Omega. Can't see me buying another one again.

Mad isn't it...the Omega boutique at Westfield Stratford has a meteorite dial Speedmaster in stock....6 years after it was released. They only made 5 more of those than this Snoopy, to my eyes is far more attractive and yet it's still hanging around

Craftsman
    Strange how orders start getting cancelled after the used market shows interest and prices go nuts. I ordered mine as soon as I saw it and before any of the hype really got going. It was going to be a keeper for me not a flip for profit thing.

Allocation was confirmed and the watch was paid for... yet now it's mysteriously not available anymore.

Something shady going on. Sounds suspiciously similar to the Porsche GT4 nonsense recently too.

Someone at Omega is going to get an earful when I find the right person.

Master
    Strange how orders start getting cancelled after the used market shows interest and prices go nuts. I ordered mine as soon as I saw it and before any of the hype really got going. It was going to be a keeper for me not a flip for profit thing.

Allocation was confirmed and the watch was paid for... yet now it's mysteriously not available anymore.

Something shady going on. Sounds suspiciously similar to the Porsche GT4 nonsense recently too.

Someone at Omega is going to get an earful when I find the right person.
    That is really, really poor. Appalling that they have sat on your cash for all that time, no wonder you're fuming

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    That is really, really poor. Appalling that they have sat on your cash for all that time, no wonder you're fuming
    Especially when I could potentially have bought one from another AD in the meantime but now end up empty handed ... because I believed them when they said mine was "guaranteed". Didn't think to get it in writing.

Do you think the marked up prices are having an impact. I did see it suggested somewhere that some ADs were passing them onto the Grey's for a healthy mark up rather than selling to the person who ordered it at RRP. I have absolutely no proof of this, but a lot of people are being told sorry no watch, so did Omega just allow their ADs to make too many promises or what ?

The cheapest UK available Snoopy is £10k on watches.co.uk, a U.K. Seller has one on e-bay for £10.5k and Watchfinder are inviting offers in excess of £11k.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Do you think the marked up prices are having an impact. I did see it suggested somewhere that some ADs were passing them onto the Grey's for a healthy mark up rather than selling to the person who ordered it at RRP. I have absolutely no proof of this, but a lot of people are being told sorry no watch, so did Omega just allow their ADs to make too many promises or what ?

The cheapest UK available Snoopy is £10k on watches.co.uk, a U.K. Seller has one on e-bay for £10.5k and Watchfinder are inviting offers in excess of £11k.
    Definitely some funny business going on somewhere imho

Porsche allegedly cancelled GT4 orders and then sold them to 'special' customers who'd agreed to resell them back straight away so they could then be sold as used for well above RRP. This seems uncannily similar to me.

How can you confirm an order for the best part of a year.. then suddenly find there isn't the stock for it. Sorry... don't believe you. My watch is now in someone else's hands who probably agreed to pay more for it or something.

Does the law have an opinion on behaviour like this, ie would trading standards be interested?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Does the law have an opinion on behaviour like this, ie would trading standards be interested?

Doubt it... They never completed the order so the contract wasn't fulfilled and they've offered a refund so no harm done in the end really, from a trading standards point of view.

From a customer and reputation point of view, definitely harm done from my perspective though.

Porsche allegedly cancelled GT4 orders and then sold them to 'special' customers who'd agreed to resell them back straight away so they could then be sold as used for well above RRP. This seems uncannily similar to me.

How can you confirm an order for the best part of a year.. then suddenly find there isn't the stock for it. Sorry... don't believe you. My watch is now in someone else's hands who probably agreed to pay more for it or something.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news...-sold-his-car/

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

I think you should definitely complain. I would agree with you, something dodgy going on there. I bought mine from Italy from my usual boutique, I'm definitely not one of their best customers, just with a phone call. It was promised to me, no deposit asked and 2 months later I got it. 3 months went on, they've received another one and because they knew I'd sold mine for a profit, they contacted me unsolicited to buy it. And this is in Italy... I would expect a much better service from a British AD.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    I think you should definitely complain. I would agree with you, something dodgy going on there. I bought mine from Italy from my usual boutique, I'm definitely not one of their best customers, just with a phone call. It was promised to me, no deposit asked and 2 months later I got it. 3 months went on, they've received another one and because they knew I'd sold mine for a profit, they contacted me unsolicited to buy it. And this is in Italy... I would expect a much better service from a British AD.

Trying to complain just now, but the Omega online form isn't working and can't get a phone number.

Going to request names and numbers when I go into the Boutique for a refund but doubt it'll do me any good in the end.

Probably best to wait until I calm down a bit I guess. Can't see me being an Omega customer again.

Master
    Trying to complain just now, but the Omega online form isn't working and can't get a phone number.

Going to request names and numbers when I go into the Boutique for a refund but doubt it'll do me any good in the end.

Probably best to wait until I calm down a bit I guess. Can't see me being an Omega customer again.
    Anger aside you should try to make the most of a bad situation. Maybe you'll get something out of them for free, won't be the watch but VIP status, priority on future releases, free services or free straps. That's what I would aim for if I were you.
    Having said that I'd be so furious to begin with I'd want to keep myself away from any breakable objects.
    Good luck

Master

Don't bother with the online form. Write a letter and address it to someone senior at Omega UK. Lay out all the facts without emotion and make it clear you do not find their conduct acceptable.

I seem to remember that a good contact at Omega was shared on the forum at some point in the recent past. Can't find it though - I guess someone with better searching talents / memory can probably help... Oh, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Mad isn't it...the Omega boutique at Westfield Stratford has a meteorite dial Speedmaster in stock....6 years after it was released. They only made 5 more of those than this Snoopy, to my eyes is far more attractive and yet it's still hanging around
    I too prefer the meteorite dial but RRP on that one almost double the standard model at £5700, pre-owned it's much cheaper.

As soon as the Official announcement for the new Snoopy was made I contacted Omega customer services but got glib response, the big four high street retailers were useless, not knowing if and when they were going to get any so I pretty much conceded I wasn't going to get one of these and I probably never will, they are nice but not £10k nice!

Master
    Truly shocking behaviour from Omega. It's not like they have no control over their production nor of their ADs. As soon as release announced of the model they should be able to categorically inform each AD of their allocation and a fairly accurate date for it to land.

Either the ADs are playing silly buggers, Omega is playing silly buggers or Omega is incompetent. I can't think of a fourth option.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
    Either the ADs are playing silly buggers, Omega is playing silly buggers or Omega is incompetent. I can't think of a fourth option.
    I'd never assume it's intentional when incompetence is a possibility.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I'd never assume it's intentional when incompetence is a possibility.
    I would tend to agree with your statement broadly speaking. However I don't see any incompetence here. They have 1970 pieces and X amount of retailers. They have made a business decision, to overbook based on the assumption that X amount of customers would drop off the waiting list. It is a calculated risk based on previous performances. The real issue is that a number of customers were asked to pay in full in advance. This is the really appalling part. If you take my money you have to deliver, simple as.

There does seem to be a common theme here and it is that all the ADs are blaming Omega. Presumably in the early days of this watch they were told what their allocations were and went ahead and took deposits or even full payment. Now they are being told that the promised watches are not now going to be delivered and therefore any money taken must be refunded.

You would think that as a goodwill gesture, Omega would offer any of the let down customers first dibs on the new blue Speedmaster limited edition.

Craftsman
    Why do so many people sell to watchfinder? Surely they must be a paying a fraction of the £11k they're asking?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyCol View Post
    Why do so many people sell to watchfinder? Surely they must be a paying a fraction of the £11k they're asking?!

Because it is easy. What would you suggest instead?

Master
    Blog Entries

A member sold one to them for £6.5, it was advertised at £8/9K IIRC. Looking through chrono24, the prices seem to be cooling a little. There is still a big premium if you don't get one direct from an AD.

They seem to be paying between £8,250 and £8,500.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    A member sold one to them for £6.5, it was advertised at £8/9K IIRC. Looking through chrono24, the prices seem to be cooling a little. There is still a big premium if you don't get one direct from an AD.
    Ryan sold his for 6.5. I sold mine 3 weeks later for 7. Now they are paying 8. I don't like selling to them but as I said it is the easier option.

Craftsman
    When I asked watchfinder the price on the one they have poa they're saying they're going to auction it unless a buyer offers in excess of £11k.

FFS.

When I asked watchfinder the price on the one they have poa they're saying they're going to auction it unless a buyer offers in excess of £11k.

FFS.

They sold one last week, then several hours later listed another one with a different L/E number - so they must have a stock of them.

Craftsman
    Hmm. That makes it rather annoying when they say in their email "As I am sure you know this watch is a very special one and it is quite rare that I get this model into stock."

Hmm. That makes it rather annoying when they say in their email "As I am sure you know this watch is a very special one and it is quite rare that I get this model into stock."

One has been listed on e-bay today from a UK seller at £9.5k.

I suspect Watchfinder had one listed and someone else took delivery and sold it, so they had two. They are rare as this thread proves.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 19th May 2016 at 20:27.

Craftsman
    They appear pretty easy to find. Just not for sane prices.

Master
    They appear pretty easy to find. Just not for sane prices.

Correct. Just market prices :-)

Craftsman

Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

Correct. Just market prices :-)
    Yeah fair point. Wonder if the prices will continue to go up as years pass.

Will be interesting to see how much used examples will be going for when they start to appear. If they're a lot less, will that frighten people out of daring to wear them?

Master
    Yeah fair point. Wonder if the prices will continue to go up as years pass.
    I doubt it. The craziness about this one was just caused by incidents like the one we were talking about before. They will become rarer but demand will decrease. It is nice but as someone else said not 11/10k nice. Also the lot watchfinder is selling is entirely BNIB/unworn, in a few years or maybe months someone will realise it is not a keeper for them and start selling it at more reasonable prices. One think I've learnt in this forum is that if a watch sells like hot cakes as soon as it is released it will go down pretty soon. The manual daytonas that nobody wanted 40 years are now grails.
    Or maybe I'm completely wrong and it'll be 15k by the end of summer :-)

Craftsman
    It must be scaring some people out of wearing them as you say Der.

Would be interesting to see if anyone is brave enough to pay £11k on the potential of a future Grail.

Master

Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

It must be scaring some people out of wearing them as you say Der.

Would be interesting to see if anyone is brave enough to pay £11k on the potential of a future Grail.

Der Amf point is spot on. Although people have already paid 11k for it. More money than sense or a very risky bet. Someone already paid 21000 US$ for a ceramic Daytona, and that's not limited. I welcome these sort of people as they keep ADs open and the whole horological industry going. I won't be one of them tho, and not just for lack of funds :-)

Craftsman
    I was planning to keep and wear mine. Just makes it sting even more.

Going to wear a Rolex when I go into omega for my refund. Petty win for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Master
    Just had the call.

Despite ordering last April, paying in full last year too... being constantly reassured I had one. Apparently Omega have now said the allocation isn't coming to the Boutique after all and they want to refund my money.

No watch and no chance of getting one from them.

Gutted and furious.
    My colleague was offered £500 goodwill to spend in the Omega boutique (keep the money in the company) but as a belt costs £200 and a briefcase £1k+ he declined

Craftsman
    I was on the waiting list for a stainless Daytona and took my name off when the ad called and said they had stopped manufacture and it was now with ceramic bezel. Kinda starting to regret that now...

Although people have already paid 11k for it. More money than sense or a very risky bet
    What if someone actually just wants to own the watch. We seem to be assuming that everyone who gets their hands on one is hell bent on turning a quick profit. I don't see the crazy top prices lasting in the longer term, but equally prices are never going to drop below the current RRP, so if someone wants one and is not lucky enough to be on a promise from their local AD, they are going to have to pay over the odds.

Don't forget 1970 is a world wide limited edition, how many of those have been promised to Blighty. I have one, paid over the odds, don't have more money than sense, but equally do not regret buying it. I have worn it, it is out of the case, stickers off and on the wrist, it is a watch for Christ sake, not a gold bar.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    What if someone actually just wants to own the watch. We seem to be assuming that everyone who gets their hands on one is hell bent on turning a quick profit. I don't see the crazy top prices lasting in the longer term, but equally prices are never going to drop below the current RRP, so if someone wants one and is not lucky enough to be on a promise from their local AD, they are going to have to pay over the odds.

Don't forget 1970 is a world wide limited edition, how many of those have been promised to Blighty. I have one, paid over the odds, don't have more money than sense, but equally do not regret buying it. I have worn it, it is out of the case, stickers off and on the wrist, it is a watch for Christ sake, not a gold bar.
    I agree entirely with what you've said. But there is over RRP and crazy over the top. 11k is too much in my opinion. Would you have paid that for it? Rhetorical question :-)

I agree entirely with what you've said. But there is over RRP and crazy over the top. 11k is too much in my opinion. Would you have paid that for it? Rhetorical question :-)
    No, I wouldn't have paid the crazy £10k to £13k prices that people on Chrono24 or e-bay are asking. If someone is serious they are going to have to pay between £8k and £9k and if that doesn't appeal then that is their choice, but they won't get one.

I was chatting to a dealing at the weekend in HK, and he said he'd pay 8k all day long. He has a line of potential buyers all waiting.

Journeyman
    Can not understand why omega dick people around like that...