closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only watch auction and Tudor..

Only watch auction and Tudor..

Very nice watch from Tudor, if only i had the money to bid at the auction!

Borrowed image and text below..

''Ladies and gentlemen, Phillips Watches is proud to host the Only Watch 2015 charity auction to be held in Geneva on 7 November 2015. Beginning today, we will be sharing the 43 unique timepieces created by 43 participating brands united for research on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Participating in Only Watch for the first time, Tudor has created this unique Heritage Black Bay One that will no doubt excite Tudor and vintage sport watch aficionados around the world. The Black Bay One reinterprets Tudor's vintage Submariner reference 7923, one of the brand’s least known references from the 1950s. The only diver’s watch Tudor ever made with a hand-wound movement, it borrows the original’s aesthetic codes including a glossy black dial with gilt printing, gold baton hands, two lines of text including the depth rating - printed in red on this unique watch, and patinated luminous hour markers. The contemporary-sized, 41 mm case houses a self-winding Tudor caliber 2824 movement, and retains the accentuated bevels and chamfers found on the lugs of the original. A prominent and large screw-down crown adorned with the Tudor rose, domed sapphire crystal, and stainless steel bracelet with historic, tube-type attachments complete the mid-20th century inspired design.''

Craftsman
    Oh good God, I want that.

What's the guide price??? And if its off the scale, when can they add it to their range for us lot to buy one?

I like that very much. I'll have mine on a curved-endlink bracelet please.

If Tudor puts that in the catalog I'm guessing it will set sales records for them.

I would certainly get one.

EDIT: Found a larger photo and more info here: http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tudor-he...ly-watch-2015/

Last edited by Saxon007; 30th June 2015 at 04:01.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post

'
    That is a Great looking watch.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Mmmm mmmm mmmm .

What is the guide price?

Craftsman
    So the inevitable Black Bay Sub is on the way then. Put me down for one.

As much as i like Tudor watches, and the BB and Pelagos are both lovely watches, neither tempted me to part with some hard earnt cash.

But this, this watch is beautiful. I would pay my deposit now if they were to release it in the future (not likely though unfortunately reading the article).

It won't have their own movement? Shame. It would also benefit from minute markers on the bezel as a practical tweak to the original design.
    Gray

Master
    Super nice but i doubt they will put this into full production with the same design? Or will they? Its super cool looking!

Master
    The Black Bay I've always wanted. Shame it will be limited edition.

Apprentice
    This watch is absolutely awesome, it is very much in line with the trend we are seeing from Project X with the HS01 Submariner and more recently Tempus Machina with their $25,000 offering.

I do hope that Tudor make this thing as part of their available range at a sensible price.

Skidd

My impression was that the onlywatch commitment was to make the one sold for charity unique. Not to be repeated. To maintain the uniqueness of what the collector bids the (hopefully) insane amount for, to go to charity.

Zenith did a pair of pilots chronos a couple of years back (2011), both destro ones, one gold (white dial) and one steel (black dial). As a set they went for €20k. Which is a lot, but actually probably less than retail.

So not everything goes for megabucks.

Dave

Grand Master
    Nice, but doesn't make me go a-Jonesing for it. For something that copies the original so closely, the red bits were unnecessary, and like most I'd prefer it on a closed endlink bracelet. Rest of the colours look good though.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Lovely watch,
    If only Tudor offered the regular red/blue black bay with normal hands like that rather than the snowflake ones (which i'm not a fan of)

Craftsman
    Wow that is very cool, but I do tend to agree with the above sentiment that it's trying to stick too closely to the original aesthetic, but without much authenticity

Maybe the red bits are to make it unique for the One Watch auction...then they will offer this colour version as standard without the red bits in the future.

It can't be long before there's a handset and bezel insert available to mod a (Red) Black Bay.

Now Tudor have hit the nail on the head with this design.

Ok, it's a one off, but surely if they sold the same watch except with the 'Submariner' text in gilt like the original, it would be far enough removed from the 'one off' to be considered suitable for general sale.

Go all gilt on the dial, keep the red triangle 12 o/clock triangle on the bezel, just like some old Rolex referance i can't remember the number of, and hey presto, cooler than James Bond....

Forget a Vesper Martini, I'll have a whisky and coke (who cares what whisky when it's mixed with coke) and a pint please.

Lovely watch, a definite buy if it comes into fruition.

I'm afraid the closest we can get is getting the Steinhart vintage ocean one or a "Tiger".
    What a beautiful watch that is.
    I have a feeling that Tudor will issue this model in due time.

I've just spotted that along with the bracelet and grey fabric strap the lucky buyer also gets the aged brown leather strap....which is nice

Just brilliant! What a stunning reedition

Master
    The watch is, on the whole, gorgeous. But the faux vintage lume? Really?

I think it's perfect! I just hope Tudor haven't blocked themselves from a general release by doing this as I really really want one...

Craftsman
    I think it looks fantastic. Really like the fact they've used straight end links to keep the 'vintage' look.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33mgb View Post
    I think it looks fantastic. Really like the fact they've used straight end links to keep the 'vintage' look.
    There might be room for Tudor to release this with the black bezel, standard bracelet, and the standard dial and handset as it wouldn't be quite the same as the Only Watch version.

Screw the Tudor - have you seen the other watches in the auction!?!?!

http://www.hodinkee.com for some of the other watches included.

Speaking of Hodinkee, you can see what is undoubtedly the original inspiration for this unique variation of the Black Bay, starting at the 3:40 mark in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRtVy39XDWo

I must say I'm more of a fan of the vintage case dimensions as compared to the rather paving-stone-esque Black Bay, but that's just me.
    Last edited by workahol; 1st July 2015 at 19:30.

Craftsman
    What a great video and astonishing archive.

That's won me over for a future choice of vintage watch brand - 1973 Tudor sub please!

Quote Originally Posted by workahol View Post

I must say I'm more of a fan of the vintage case dimensions as compared to the rather paving-stone-esque Black Bay, but that's just me.
    I find the 41mm size at the very edge of my comfort zone. The thickness and resulting slab like sides has been why I don't have a Black Bay. I may still get one but 2mm thinner would make a world of difference to this watch.

CHF 375k. Impressive.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    It can't be long before there's a handset and bezel insert available to mod a (Red) Black Bay.
    Lets hope so, I'd probable have the hands on mine swapped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    CHF 375k. Impressive.
    What is that in pounds - yes I know i should google, but watching the footie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    What is that in pounds - yes I know i should google, but watching the footie.
    1/4 of a million.

Nice sum for the charity. I would have preferred them to have worked around the in-house movement but it still looks fabulous.
    It's just a matter of time...

1/4 of a million.
    Wow !!! - thanks

Doesn't this send a message to Tudor to get that watch into production soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Wow !!! - thanks

Doesn't this send a message to Tudor to get that watch into production soon.
    It already is.

Impressive amount on the tudor.

The Moser looked cheap to me. £30k for a unique piece with Moser level of finishing has got to be cheap

Where are the full results?

It already is.
    Yes, with a different bezel insert and hands - I mean exactly like the one off if that makes sense (wouldn't be a one off if they made any more). I would buy one if they made any more, but I don't really warm to the snow flake hour hand.

LOT 1
    IWC
    With the INGENIEUR Automatic Edition “Tribute to Nico Rosberg” in solid boron carbide, IWC Schaffhausen sets another milestone in...
    SOLD CHF25,000

LOT 2
    JACOB & CO.
    A splendid fusion of nostalgia and mechanical innovation, the Epic SF24 transports the owner through time and space thanks to an...
    SOLD CHF50,000

LOT 3
    HUBLOT
    The Classic Fusion Only Watch Britto symbolises the fusion of time. It transposes an age-old art into one of the most modern designs....
    SOLD CHF135,000

LOT 4
    JAQUET DROZ
    A fine and unique, self-winding wristwatch with a bordeaux Grand Feu enamel dial decorated with paillons in a 43mm case in 18k yellow gold.
    SOLD CHF35,000

LOT 5
    HERMÈS
    Hermès is reviving the fundamental piece “In the Pocket” in a unique rose gold composition clad in a H red Swift calfskin. A pocket-watch...
    SOLD CHF35,000

LOT 6
    LAURENT FERRIER
    Laurent Ferrier offers an unprecedented version of its latest model: powered by the micro-rotor movement with “échappement naturel”, this...
    SOLD CHF62,000

LOT 7
    HARRY WINSTON
    Ocean Dual Time Retrograde Only Watch, mechanical automatic-winding movement, (functions: hours and minutes, retrograde second time-zone,...
    SOLD CHF50,000

LOT 8
    LEROY
    The “Chronomètre Observatoire – Pièce unique Only Watch” equipped with the new hand-wound L200 movement entirely developed and built in...
    SOLD CHF75,000

LOT 9
    H. MOSER & CIE
    Unique piece in titanium with a DLC finish, manufacture hand-wound calibre, perpetual calendar, big date, small seconds, power reserve...
    SOLD CHF45,000

LOT 10
    LOUIS VUITTON
    At a time when borders are becoming increasingly blurred, Louis Vuitton is proposing an original interpretation of the "Worldtime"...
    SOLD CHF130,000

LOT 11
    GIRARD-PERREGAUX
    For the first time ever, the mechanical heart of the Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 XXL LARGE DATE AND MOON PHASES is revealed in a...
    SOLD CHF38,000

LOT 12
    MAURICE LACROIX
    The Masterpiece Gravity from Maurice Lacroix is an innovative timepiece, at the cutting-edge of progress: Manufacture movement, silicium...
    SOLD CHF25,000

LOT 13
    F.P. JOURNE
    F.P.Journe “Tourbillon Souverain Bleu”, unique watch created especially for ONLY WATCH. Case in Tantalum, blue chrome dial, F.P.Journe...
    SOLD CHF550,000

LOT 14
    MB&F
    Melchior ‘Only Watch’ is a unique robot table-clock commemorating MB&F’s 10th anniversary under the theme “A creative adult is a child...
    SOLD CHF75,000

LOT 15
    FRÉDÉRIQUE CONSTANT
    The Horological Smartwatch for Only Watch, a luxury Swiss timepiece that is now smart and connected.
    SOLD CHF14,000

LOT 16
    PATEK PHILIPPE
    One of the great classics of the Patek Philippe wrist Grand Complications between 1993 and 2011.
    SOLD CHF7,300,000

LOT 17
    DEWITT
    Entirely developed, crafted and assembled by hand by DeWitt master watchmakers, Academia Out of Time is a combination of symbolism and...
    SOLD CHF55,000

LOT 18
    PERRELET
    Immerse yourself for just a moment in your childhood memories and travel back in time. You are in hot pursuit of the bad guy, equipped...
    SOLD CHF25,000

LOT 19
    DE GRISOGONO
    De GRISOGONO dresses time with a sartorial elegance to celebrate a very worthy cause. The New Retro Black Stripes honours the past while...
    SOLD CHF18,000

LOT 20
    PIAGET
    Neither entirely a movement nor exactly a case – or rather both at once: introducing the Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P, the world’s thinnest...
    SOLD CHF75,000

LOT 21
    DE BETHUNE
    “DBS Pièce unique” is an interpretation of the iconic model of De Bethune DBS launched for the first edition of the auction powered by an...
    SOLD CHF60,000

LOT 22
    REBELLION
    Rebellion Only Watch REB-7 Forged Carbon Regulator Worn During 24 Hours Of Le Mans in 2015.
    SOLD CHF80,000

LOT 23
    CHRONOSWISS
    In its second contribution, “Ouroboros”, Chronoswiss pays tribute to the ancient symbol of a serpent eating its own tail, a metaphor for...
    SOLD CHF29,000

LOT 24
    RICHARD MILLE
    The RM 27-02 prototype was worn by Rafael Nadal during the 2015 tennis season. He carried out the ultimate approval test for the brand by...
    SOLD CHF650,000

LOT 25
    CHRISTOPHE CLARET
    With the Espoir & Paix model, Christophe Claret pays tribute to Hope in the dial center with a green emerald highlighted by a mirascope;...
    SOLD CHF60,000

LOT 26
    SPEAKE-MARIN
    Taking inspiration from its most emblematic model, Speake-Marin has created an exceptional timepiece for the Only Watch event: ‘One Art’....
    SOLD CHF38,000

LOT 27
    CHOPARD
    The Superfast Chrono Porsche 919 Only Watch 2015 is a unique piece with a strong racing style signed by Mark Webber, a racing champion...
    SOLD CHF20,000

LOT 28
    THOMAS MERCER
    Fine and unique octagonal shaped table chronometer designed in collaboration with Jake Phipps. Mechanism featuring the marine chronometer...
    SOLD CHF50,000

LOT 29
    CHANEL
    This one-off Mademoiselle Privé Camellia Garden opens the door to the intimate world of Gabrielle Chanel and showcases one of her most...
    SOLD CHF38,000

LOT 30
    TUDOR
    For its first participation in Only Watch, Tudor has decided to reinterpret one of the least known tool-watches in its history: Tudor...
    SOLD CHF375,000

LOT 31
    CARL F. BUCHERER
    Manero ChronoPerpetual OnlyWatch 2015. A watch like no other on earth.
    SOLD CHF45,000

LOT 32
    ULYSSE NARDIN
    A marvel masterpiece, it marries movement and design with music, this musical mechanical timepiece performs the melody ‘We are the...
    SOLD CHF120,000

LOT 33
    BREGUET
    Breguet and its President & CEO Marc A. Hayek are renewing their support to Only Watch by participating in the 6th edition of the...
    SOLD CHF90,000

LOT 34
    VACHERON & CONSTANTIN
    At the occasion of Only Watch 2015, Vacheron Constantin renews its support with a unique Métiers d’Art Mécaniques Ajourées timepiece,...
    SOLD CHF140,000

LOT 35
    BOVET
    BOVET 1822 « Lady BOVET » Unique Piece. New model. AMADEO® convertible system (reversible wristwatch, table clock and necklace pendant.)...
    SOLD CHF80,000

LOT 36
    VAN CLEEF & ARPELS
    Van Cleef & Arpels has created a masculine complication piece with dual time zone, fitted with a self-winding movement with double...
    SOLD CHF35,000

LOT 37
    BOUCHERON
    Unique creation "Epure Vague de Lumière" with a dial created with a three-dimensional marquetery of baguettes, diamonds and aventurine...
    SOLD CHF45,000

LOT 38
    VOUTILAINEN
    The Voutilainen GMT-6 wristwatch embodies the perfection enshrined in Kari Voutilainen’s philosophy. The elegant and robust mechanism is...
    SOLD CHF145,000

LOT 39
    BLANCPAIN
    Blancpain Calendrier Chinois Traditionnel, ONLY WATCH 2015. This one-off creation in red gold is fitted with a black grand feu enamel...
    SOLD CHF80,000

LOT 40
    VULCAIN
    « Manufacture des Montres Vulcain is very proud and pleased to be part of the ONLY WATCH 2015 charity auction to support the MONACO...
    SOLD CHF45,000

LOT 41
    BELL & ROSS
    The BR01 Tourbillon Skull Bronze combines the courage symbol of the skull, the sophistication of an exceptional mechanical movement and...
    SOLD CHF100,000

LOT 42
    ZENITH
    The “Lightweight” Tribute to The Rolling Stones is driven by a titanium automatic El Primero Chronograph movement powering a 1/10th of a...
    SOLD CHF21,000

LOT 43
    ARMIN STROM
    Stridently modern, ARMIN STROM Skeleton Pure distills the mechanism to its essence and highlights its definition with PVD...
    SOLD CHF15,000

LOT 44
    URWERK
    The UR-106 will show you time like never before. Haute Horlogerie, architecture, astronomy, fighter jets and science fiction are all...
    SOLD CHF 90,000

All via https://live.phillips.com/live-auction/1-M1PL

Cheers

Craftsman
    I'm surprised at how much the black bay went for.

Craftsman
    CHF 375k. Impressive.
    Hell of a price for that, but worth it.

I think Tudor are doing some great things at the moment.

Some work, some don't but at least they are pushing the boundaries

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    Go all gilt on the dial, keep the red triangle 12 o/clock triangle on the bezel, just like some old Rolex referance i can't remember the number of, and hey presto, cooler than James Bond....

6538 I believe

Master
    Blog Entries
    So which were the bargains?

I thought the Richard Mille would go for more.

Master
    Is the Tudor the highest price ever paid for a 2824 powered watch, must be surely?

Craftsman
    CHF135,000 for the Hublot and the screw heads aren't even aligned. Ugh!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    Is the Tudor the highest price ever paid for a 2824 powered watch, must be surely?
    Ah, if it had a 3135 or an Omega co-ax, would it be less surprising. I don't think it's about the movement, personally ;).

The Bulova space watch went for $1.6m because of what it was, but I doubt anyone would have thought "I'm not bidding a dollar over $1.5m. It's only got a Valjoux 72 in it, and they were ten a penny at one stage!"