closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Issues with a Watch Winder

Issues with a Watch Winder

Thought i'd quickly ask on here as I'm not to sure if I'm doing the right thing.

I recently bought a 2 watch winder for my dad for his birthday back in June, which he loved an put to good use, a few weeks go he mentioned the it had broke and ask if I could sort it out the company I bought it from, not a problem I thought.

I bought the winder back, emailed the company with some pictures and explained that my dad had been using it correctly, (as I was there when he set it up & I know my dad used the winder for his 2 good watches as he wears his Seiko Monster and G Shock most days.

Firstly the owner of the company replied quickly and has been very polite throughout, but from looking at the pictures mentioned it has been used incorrectly with only watch on the winder saying operator fault. He said I could send back, but he would only repair the damaged part/ try to (it is only a broken plastic cover) or they have another winder pad to replace it with - but it won't match) he said in all honest my dad should try to fix it himself.

To be honest this did sound a bit of a 'fob off' but i guess the item has been used for 4 months odd and sort of understood. Relayed this to my dad, who is adamant that 2 watches have been used all the time & to be honest he has no reason to lie, but knowing my dad and the tinker of things he is, if he felt or thought he should fix it he would.

So after a few more emails to the owner of the company, he's still happy for me to send it back for repair - but it wont match the rest of the winder, but wouldn't replace the faulty item or return for another.

I have attached some pictures of the winder and broken part, I don't want to currently name the website it was bought from. But for the price i was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the item when it originally turned up.

What do you think is best to do?

Can those pieces of plastic not just be superglued back in place?

Still doesn't seem right though - four months in and it's broken, especially since you all you really do is set it up and let it go with little human interference.

I would just name and shame because the company should be replacing it with no questions asked. Does it explicitly state in the manual that two watches must be used?

Apprentice
    I think this should be fixed free of charge, 4 months sounds like the defect was there when you bought it

Master
    Sorry wrong thread.
    Last edited by Dave in Wales; 2nd December 2015 at 07:25.

Operator fault, how on earth could it be, not like your dads tried to use it as a tumble dryer.

He's fobbing you off, that should be repaired or replaced with no questions asked.!

Mention the Sale of Goods Act? I am not sure it matters whether it is operator error, if the item is unfit for purpose then you can return it for a refund or replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Can those pieces of plastic not just be superglued back in place?

Still doesn't seem right though - four months in and it's broken, especially since you all you really do is set it up and let it go with little human interference.

I would just name and shame because the company should be replacing it with no questions asked. Does it explicitly state in the manual that two watches must be used?
    I'm still in email communication so don't want to name & shame yet as it might get fixed. Yes the plastic bits could be just glued, but part of me thinks that shouldn't be the answer, if it breaks that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by mruhr View Post
    I think this should be fixed free of charge, 4 months sounds like the defect was there when you bought it

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    He's fobbing you off, that should be repaired or replaced with no questions asked.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Mention the Sale of Goods Act? I am not sure it matters whether it is operator error, if the item is unfit for purpose then you can return it for a refund or replacement.
    I did think that to be honest, Ideally I would like it replaced, or fixed correctly, but part of me thinks it will just be hassle, paying to send it back, fixed with an incorrect item etc, may have to end up fixing ourselves or request a refund (which currently he said he cannot do)

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks Brad