closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tequila

Hybrid View

I have an American friend who is a proper Tequila aficionado, he judges National Tequila tasting competitions. He has the most amazing Tequila collection I've ever seen, some of the bottles are works of art.

This is his bar at home and just some of his collection.

Anyway he came to stay with me last Xmas and bought me a bottle of Crotalo Tequila. It tastes like a really good malt Whiskey with a hint of something extra. Fine Tequila is amazing stuff, we are just very ignorant about Tequila in Europe as it's not popular here, it would be if you tried the better quality Anejo's. Amazing just drunk straight or with ice

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tequila is my wife's preferred tipple and good ones are thin on the ground in the UK but as mentioned above Patron and Herradura are decent and widely available. Herradura is the best value in our view. These two are only seen as mass market mid-range in Mexico though - the quality and choice available in the Americas is amazing. We're fortunate also in Edinburgh that there's a Mexican themed bar here with a huge imported selection (I believe the owner has family there).

Most people's only experience of Tequila is with brands that trigger the gag reflex on me.

Classic Margarita is

2 shots Tequila
    1 shot Cointreau
    1 shot fresh lime juice

Shaken over ice.

For a good alternative use 1 shot of Agave Syrup instead of Cointreau.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Classic Margarita is

2 shots Tequila
    1 shot Cointreau
    1 shot fresh lime juice

Shaken over ice.

The latter is the recipe for a Tommy's Margarita.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Tequila is my wife's preferred tipple and good ones are thin on the ground in the UK but as mentioned above Patron and Herradura are decent and widely available. Herradura is the best value in our view. These two are only seen as mass market mid-range in Mexico though - the quality and choice available in the Americas is amazing. We're fortunate also in Edinburgh that there's a Mexican themed bar here with a huge imported selection (I believe the owner has family there).

Most people's only experience of Tequila is with brands that trigger the gag reflex on me.

Classic Margarita is

2 shots Tequila
    1 shot Cointreau
    1 shot fresh lime juice

Shaken over ice.

If you are in Edinburgh it's worth checking out Lupe Pintos, they have a quite a few good Tequilas in stock and do regular tasting sessions (I've been to a few in their Glasgow store).

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Tequila is my spirit of choice. Absolutely love the stuff. Patron is my favourite but I'm a bit of a heathen and drink it with orange juice. (And grenadine if I'm feeling fancy)!