closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Watched the first 2 episodes of Guy Ritchie's The Gentlemen last night and had ixed feelings on it

I think it'll grow into a really good series but it's hard to get the originall film out of my mind when watching it. I don't think the characheters have
    anywhere near the same gravitas of the film, but lets see how it progresses

Anyone else started watching this?
    Same - Enjoyed the film but always think his generally his films try too hard to be cool (if we can still use that word).

Watched the first episode and wasn't completely compelled to watch the second straight away, but will try and get through them.

Best series I've watched in years is "Mr Inbetween". Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but not many people outside of Australia know about it, and it's a masterpiece. Binge watched all episodes abroad so don't know which channel can catch it in the UK, but if you get a chance to stream it I highly recommend it.

"Beef" on Netflix is a mad series - so well written and acted. Highly recommend.

"Parks and Recs" is a funny watch - you'll get so see Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza in early roles, and Nick Offerman is an absolute genius.

We all know about "The Last of Us" series 1. Will be re-watching soon in preparation for series 2 next year.

First few series of "Banshee" were good and worth a watch, but then the format was just repeated for later series.

First 2 series of "Hannibal" were excellent, but then for me series 3 went far too dark and off the rails and stopped watching.

the gentlemen (though i felt the last episode let it down somewhat - basically so predictable )

shogun (very good still running)

im also working my way through season 3 of slow horses which is moving along nicely

I'm loving Shogun, but can't escape the thought that Blackthorne is Tom Hardy playing Boris Johnson .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by j90rdn View Post
    Best series I've watched in years is "Mr Inbetween". Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but not many people outside of Australia know about it, and it's a masterpiece. Binge watched all episodes abroad so don't know which channel can catch it in the UK, but if you get a chance to stream it I highly recommend it.

"Beef" on Netflix is a mad series - so well written and acted. Highly recommend.

"Parks and Recs" is a funny watch - you'll get so see Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza in early roles, and Nick Offerman is an absolute genius.

We all know about "The Last of Us" series 1. Will be re-watching soon in preparation for series 2 next year.

First few series of "Banshee" were good and worth a watch, but then the format was just repeated for later series.

First 2 series of "Hannibal" were excellent, but then for me series 3 went far too dark and off the rails and stopped watching.
    Mr Inbetween is outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    Mr Inbetween is outstanding!
    The last scene of the last series is one of the best I've ever seen. Unless you've watched the whole series, you just don't understand the significance of when Ray looks directly into the camera and AWOLNation "RUN" kicks in. Sooooo sinister it literally had me shouting "wooooo" at the screen in disbelief. Incredible.

Journeyman
    Three Body Problem

Amazing book series turned to screen

Quote Originally Posted by alzone View Post
    Three Body Problem

Amazing book series turned to screen
    I've just started watching this - Not really sure what I think yet, two episodes in.

Also watching Gray - Quite enjoying it as it's nice to see an older woman play a sexy, dangerous character - I'm not sure whether she's an anti-hero or a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by dek10000 View Post
    Just watched Band of Brothers again on Sky platform, truly epic, quite possibly the best TV ever, up there with Breaking Bad and series 1-7 GOT IMO
    Interesting comparisons. While I've not watched Breaking Bad (and probably never will now), I would have skipped Band of Brothers based on a comparison with Game of Thrones, which I tired of by the end of season 1.

I would agree, though, that Band Of Brothers is one of the best series ever.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 12th April 2024 at 17:10.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I've just started watching this - Not really sure what I think yet, two episodes in.

Also watching Gray - Quite enjoying it as it's nice to see an older woman play a sexy, dangerous character - I'm not sure whether she's an anti-hero or a villain.

Interesting comparisons. While I've not watched Breaking Bad (and probably never will now), I would have skipped Band of Brothers based on a comparison with Game of Thrones, which I tired of by the end of season 1.

I would agree, though, that Band Of Brothers is one of the best series ever.

M
    Yeh stick with the 3 body problem if you're a fan of sci fi. First few episodes arent great, but it gets better. And if you know where this story goes as I do..... Man. Genius sci-fi

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Finished Mr Inbetween at the weekend.
    Series 1-nearly gave up as it was ridiculous.
    Series 2 better but a bit of a ridiculous body count.Enjoyable enough.
    Series 3 much better and with a much lower body count and better story.

I'd say it's a series that guys would prefer. The Mrs gave up after 3 episodes of series 1.

Fallout was OK, nothing special despite some people raving about it. I'm liking American Rust Series 2 - Broken Justice, but then I'm a Jeff Daniels fan- Both on Amazon Prime.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by j90rdn View Post
    Same - Enjoyed the film but always think his generally his films try too hard to be cool (if we can still use that word).

Watched the first episode and wasn't completely compelled to watch the second straight away, but will try and get through them.
    Yes, I felt the same - If you're a big fan of Ritchie, I guess you'll like it, but if not, it's pretty much more of the same.

However, I don't see a great deal of crossover from the film, aside from the title...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?