closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    For me it was just OK.
    Worth a watch if you like his stuff and want a simple entertaining story but nothing special. I wanted it to conclude by episode 5/6ish.

If you took Lock Stock, Snatch, & The Gentlemen (film), put them all into a blender, blitzed to a puree and then spread the results out into 8 Netflix episodes, that is The Gentlemen (series).
    Thanks you've saved me time, will skip it...as an observation the Gentleman movie ranks a poor third to Lock , Stock and Snatch anyway, just my opinion...if desirous of a 'hit'' of classic Ritchie I'd rewatch one of those 2.

Binge watched episodes 5, 6 & 7 last night, so only episode 8 left. Haven't changed my opinion - it's OK but just same-old same-old. Won't be desperate to see second series.

Quote Originally Posted by j90rdn View Post
    Binge watched episodes 5, 6 & 7 last night, so only episode 8 left. Haven't changed my opinion - it's OK but just same-old same-old. Won't be desperate to see second series.
    I think we will all have different opinions on the series (and I have to say I enjoyed it more towards the end, simple soul that I am), at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun.

Admittidly it's a formulaic Guy Ritchie piece, but I thought that having different directors for the later episodes might have chnged it a bit

I'm hearing that talks around getting a second series are happening and that Netflix are pleased with the overall response to the First. I'd be happy for it to happen, as I had quite a lot of work from the filming of it and it was a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Thanks you've saved me time, will skip it...as an observation the Gentleman movie ranks a poor third to Lock , Stock and Snatch anyway, just my opinion...if desirous of a 'hit'' of classic Ritchie I'd rewatch one of those 2.
    It depends on what flicks your switch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Watched about the first 15 minutes of The Gentlemen and thought it was trying too hard, and the acting was poor. Too 'look at me I'm being off the wall'.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Watched about the first 15 minutes of The Gentlemen and thought it was trying too hard, and the acting was poor. Too 'look at me I'm being off the wall'.
    Freddy was the star for me (Daniel Ings).
    His character just got better with each episode.

Master
    Happy to watch it just for Kaya Scodelario.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Freddy was the star for me (Daniel Ings).
    His character just got better with each episode.
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Started watching 'Turning Point - The Bomb and the Cold War' on Netflix...9 part series...I've read quite a bit about the cold war and know the essentials but this provides a lot of incredible footage and some very interesting interviews, recommended so far