closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just finished watching The Patient. Not overlong but definitely worth a watch.

As others have rightly said, the US Office is simply sublime.

And while we are talking a little retro, I have just watched “Chuck” all the way through for the second time on Amazon.

Utterly brilliant on every level and quite unique - a dramedy perhaps.

Not only does it have the most incredible guest stars throughout its five season run of any show I’ve ever seen, but it is so, so clever. Funny, moving, exciting and just sheer feel-good fun in a way I’ve never encountered in any other show.

The two leads, Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski are utterly perfect and the chemistry is unparalleled.

Has anyone else here watched it all the way through? If not, do yourselves a favour.

Oh, and Yvonne is quite seriously the most gorgeous female lead and exceptional actress that I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching. Closely.

Not for nothing is it very highly rated on IMDB and has a very strong fanbase to this day.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I spotted ths guy in Galaxy Quest the other day:

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I spotted ths guy in Galaxy Quest the other day

I love that film.

Never give up. Never surrender.

Watched the last (ever?) episode of Ted Lasso yesterday on Apple TV.

This is a series I have thoroughly enjoyed from the very beginning and whilst it has veered off course a few times the central themes the writers brought to the screen are hugely enjoyable to watch.

Season 3 (just finished) started off with darker tone but mid-way through it really kicked on and last nights finale (well, it was released Wednesday 31st) was, for me, a complete joy to watch. I know the reviews for it have been pretty dire but I loved it and if the series does end there (as is heavily rumoured) then I for one will really miss it.

It's one of the very best series that came along in Covid times and was just the tonic for many people.

Totally agree Gareth. A thoroughly enjoyable series. I loved the fact that there was some real seriousness and emotion in between the satire.

Shame it has come to an end... faaaaaaaaaaaaark!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Watched the last (ever?) episode of Ted Lasso yesterday on Apple TV.

This is a series I have thoroughly enjoyed from the very beginning and whilst it has veered off course a few times the central themes the writers brought to the screen are hugely enjoyable to watch.

Season 3 (just finished) started off with darker tone but mid-way through it really kicked on and last nights finale (well, it was released Wednesday 31st) was, for me, a complete joy to watch. I know the reviews for it have been pretty dire but I loved it and if the series does end there (as is heavily rumoured) then I for one will really miss it.

It's one of the very best series that came along in Covid times and was just the tonic for many people.

Drops of God - Apple TV

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

And while we are talking a little retro, I have just watched “Chuck” all the way through for the second time on Amazon.

Utterly brilliant on every level and quite unique - a dramedy perhaps.

Not only does it have the most incredible guest stars throughout its five season run of any show I’ve ever seen, but it is so, so clever. Funny, moving, exciting and just sheer feel-good fun in a way I’ve never encountered in any other show.

The two leads, Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski are utterly perfect and the chemistry is unparalleled.

Has anyone else here watched it all the way through? If not, do yourselves a favour.

Oh, and Yvonne is quite seriously the most gorgeous female lead and exceptional actress that I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching. Closely.

Not for nothing is it very highly rated on IMDB and has a very strong fanbase to this day.
    Yep I watched it a fair while ago and agree it is a great series with an amazing cameo list.

I can't really state my thoughts on S5 without having spoiler tags available....

Zachery Levi is still trying to get a film off the board I gather but it's been 10 years or so now.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Yep I watched it a fair while ago and agree it is a great series with an amazing cameo list.

I can't really state my thoughts on S5 without having spoiler tags available....

Zachery Levi is still trying to get a film off the board I gather but it's been 10 years or so now.
    If you set the text colour to white, you can do a sort of spoiler simulation, where you can only read the text if you select it [spoiler]Example white text[/spoiler]

Master
    Blog Entries
    Started to watch Mr Inbetween. So far excellent!