closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Master
    Agree with Stranger Things and Preacher is new out and awesome. Also rewatching True Blood with the Mrs and despite being fairly silly it's good fun and easy to watch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Master
    We just watched the first two episodes of Stranger things and really enjoyed it and I am sure it will get better as it goes along, as for Preacher we started it last night and watched it up until that weird scene on the plane and when he jumped out of the plane we switched it off but until then I liked the vibe but that scene was weird and his Irish accent was awful and he was brilliant in This is England but I just can't see him as a fighter :) are we missing out on this?

Ray Donovan, amazing and highly recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    We just watched the first two episodes of Stranger things and really enjoyed it and I am sure it will get better as it goes along, as for Preacher we started it last night and watched it up until that weird scene on the plane and when he jumped out of the plane we switched it off but until then I liked the vibe but that scene was weird and his Irish accent was awful and he was brilliant in This is England but I just can't see him as a fighter :) are we missing out on this?
    It's possible you have to have read the comics a bit to really enjoy it fully and know what's going on but I think it deserves sticking with.....

Although, and I discussed this with a guy at work into similar stuff to me (who's written 2 horror books as it happens) we agreed that Tulip should be supa dupa smokin hot...

Sort of margot Robbie in wolf of Wall Street/ Jessica biel maybe or Jessica Alba in Sin City level hot... That's why Jesse keeps getting drawn back to her ...even though she's trouble..,.,

And Ruth Negga is Fine and lovely but not the female version of crack that the character should be.... Sorry gone regressed into comic fan boy mode a bit ....

Still liked Blindspot by the way even though it seems to have veered off a bit into more ludicrous plot lines it's good fun....

+1 for ray Donovan

heard guys in work talking about it and binge watched the first 3 series although I think the latest series is a bit slow, Jon voight plays a great character , the scene from the last episode where he is in the car with the old bird had me in pleats.

although rays wife is starting to grate on me

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I've been working my way through Amazon's 'The Man In The High Castle' and I can thoroughly recommend it. Just watch it!

Any good New TV Series worth watching

I'd like to recommend an Irish tv show called Love/Hate.
    It's based around a Dublin gang their criminal activities.

It stars Aidan Gillan who plays Littlefinger from Game of Thrones.
    Last edited by Mitch Buchannon; 8th August 2016 at 22:09.

Master
    Just go finished Dice, which was pretty funny but then I was a bit if a Dicemann fan back in the the day!

Master
    Just started watching Humans, 3 in and pretty good so far.

We've just finished Spotless. Excellent show, very well shot and great dark humour.

If you are into cooking, the documentary Chefs Table on Netflix is pretty good.
    Interviews a different chef and what inspires and drives them each episode. 2 seasons on there now.
    An episode with Massimo Bottura of The 3 star Osteria francescana in Italy particularly struck me, and I found myself making his strawberry risotto pasta the next day.. Drying out fresh strawberries in the oven, freezing them and grinding them into powder...

It's not exactly new but i enjoyed watching Lilyhammer. It gets better with each series as well.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Blog Entries
    Just watched the pilot for 'Designated Survivor' - thought it was pretty good and looking forward to seeing the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Just watched the pilot for 'Designated Survivor' - thought it was pretty good and looking forward to seeing the next episode.
    Likewise, this series has a lot of potential of being a great show.

Big fan of Kiefer too, met up with him in New York back in 2011 when I was invited out there for 24 hours to pick up my Shorty Award, loads of people there including an American Astronaut who I actually shook hands with :)

Got The Fall Season 3 episode 1 to watch this evening.

Doctor Foster has been renewed for a second season on Netflix.
    Last edited by SSTEEL; 28th September 2016 at 04:54.

I'm enjoying "The Night Of" just now....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    I'm enjoying "The Night Of" just now....
    Just finished this one and it's a worthy recommendation.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Watching American gothic at the minute, and enjoying it.

Journeyman
    Another fan of Designated Survivor here. I watched all three episodes so far on Netflix yesterday. Found it very entertaining.

Another series I should add to the list, its a period drama, 1970's, Quarry.

Finished 'a night of' last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, some great performances and although the main storyline was a tiny bit lacking it was fluid and enjoyable to watch

Same here...Looks excellent.

Just finished watching The Fall, first episode of the latest series, and wow! Such a great episode to kickstart this final series. I won't spoil it for anyone, but their really pushed the boat out with this series, the level of detail, editing, and, well, I'll shut up, you are all in for a treat.

Master
    Anybody watched "The Affair"?
    Watched episode 1 last night and seemed decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Anybody watched "The Affair"?
    Watched episode 1 last night and seemed decent.
    It's excellent, well acted and the 2 characters viewpoints a novel plot device and quite unusual.

I thought might just be a rom dram for er indoors but there's a lot of layers going on too.

I've finished season 2 so carry on enjoying it...

I'm also enjoying Westworld,

I know she's a slim woman but surprised and impressed by Thandie Newton as quite high profile actress going almost totally naked at her age (in Hollywood terms she's ancient)

Great fun it is though.

Fleabag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Fleabag
    I watched it having heard the star/writer interviewed about it on Radio4. No spoilers (it's hardly a drama after all) but it was quite different than I expected and left me confused by its rollercoaster of comedy/sympathy and real distaste. Definitely an interesting watch - I'd certainly like to see the one-woman show it came from now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by astonandy; 6th October 2016 at 16:16.

Craftsman
    Laid on Netflix. Australian comedy about a woman who discovers that everyone she ever slept with is dying in the order she slept with them. First series is very funny (second takes a weird direction - you have been warned).

Also The Strange Calls - another Australian Netflix gem. Tales of the Unexpected with its tongue firmly in its cheek. Loved this.

Craftsman

Fleabag

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Fleabag
    +1 for Fleabag.

Only just discovered on iPlayer and am riveted.

Rather coarse, not suitable for watching with the kids (anal in first 10 mins and other bits and bobs).

From BBC: 'Angry, pervy, outrageous and hilarious, Fleabag arrives with a bang, as she spins through the city grasping at anyone and anything that might keep her head above water.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...abag-episode-1

Master
    Luke Cage is on Netflix, due to start it this week. If it's half as good as Jessica Jones it should be superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Luke Cage is on Netflix, due to start it this week. If it's half as good as Jessica Jones it should be superb!

I'm 3 episodes in and I have to say it's good! I think his introduction in Jessica Jones was beneficial as it already feels like you know him at the beginning of the first episode. It means the creators were able to spend a bit more of Ep1 on starting a new storyline, rather than just an hour of character setup. The soundtrack has been fantastic, with Raphael Saadiq making a bit of a cameo in the first episode, and Charles Bradley in Ep3. I'm looking forward to more!

Ash v the evil dead. Good for a bit of a laugh

Blog Entries
    Well I've binged a bit on Luke Cage and really enjoying it so far, only 2 more episodes to go before s1 is done. Bear in mind I've watched all of DD s1 & s2 but only 1 episode of Jessica Jones and have no idea whether that makes a difference or not to the backstory..........

Craftsman
    Well I've binged a bit on Luke Cage and really enjoying it so far, only 2 more episodes to go before s1 is done. Bear in mind I've watched all of DD s1 & s2 but only 1 episode of Jessica Jones and have no idea whether that makes a difference or not to the backstory..........
    I can't say it does. Luke's appearences in Jessica Jones help set up the character, but so far I think it works as a stand-alone series. That is to say - watching Jessica Jones before Luke Cage is not essential.

I did find that Jessica Jones took me two attempts to get into. It was a bit of a slow starter, but when I made it past episode 2 or 3 and some of the plot was explained a little better, I found it easier to watch.

Discovered this a few nights ago and really enjoying it.
    There are a few plot holes, but it's based on comic books so what do you expect?
    Even the villain is strangely likeable, and there is some great music (not my usual choice, but works superbly well). Just watched Episode 4 and really looking forward to the rest.

I've been impressed with "Designated Survivor" and "Westworld." My favorite new series, though is the sleeper "Quarry." It follows a disenfranchised U.S. Marine back from Vietnam in 1972 who is forced to become a hired assassin by a sinister gentleman who calls himself the 'Broker.'

Master
    Just finally watched "the night of". Simply brilliant.

Watching the 3rd episode of season 1 of Designated Survivor, and the soundtrack is so so 24, I have a feeling this show could be quite a big show. Maybe even on par with 24. Time will tell.

If course, I am quite bias when it comes to Kiefer having met him personally.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Watching the 3rd episode of season 1 of Designated Survivor, and the soundtrack is so so 24, I have a feeling this show could be quite a big show. Maybe even on par with 24. Time will tell.

If course, I am quite bias when it comes to Kiefer having met him personally.
    KS is a producer on Designated and there are so many similarities between it and 24. It even starts with 'Previously on...' summary by KS.

Journeyman
    Narcos was completely unputdownable! The Wire too obviously, all time favorite of mine.

Designated survivor is shaping up nicely. Just watch two episodes of Chance starring Hugh Laurie. Pretty good thriller so far.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

After one episode, The Night Of is looking promising.

Just finished watching "The Jinx - the life and deaths of Robert Durst" a six parter that's another case of real life being stranger than fiction. If you liked Making a Murderer or similar documentaries you should enjoy this - I wouldn't read up on it too much before hand or it might spoil it.

Also thoroughly enjoying the current season of South Park (season 20 now?!) which as usual is very topical and satirical and most of all very funny. Member berries, genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Just finished watching "The Jinx - the life and deaths of Robert Durst" a six parter that's another case of real life being stranger than fiction. If you liked Making a Murderer or similar documentaries you should enjoy this - I wouldn't read up on it too much before hand or it might spoil it.
    It's only taken me 8 years but I've just started it now (in part because I believe there's a 2nd series on soon).

shogun - well worth a watch
    fallout - take a look , one good character (the ghoul ) rest is pretty mediocre

Craftsman
    Stranger things on Netflix is good

Been watching season 2 of Humans and it has me enthralled.

Master
    Also agree with always sunny, genius show and sooooo twisted!! One of my all time favourite comedy shows.

Just 2 episodes into Preacher - Joseph Gilgun and Dominic Cooper are both good but not really got much of a clue what is going on yet .

Watching OA 'original angel ' on Netflix, bit weird but strangely compelling.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    +1 for

The OA
    Silicon Valley
    Twenty Twelve / W1A
    Ray Donovan
    Taskmaster
    It's Always Sunny...
    Westworld

A lot of great TV to watch whilst Eastenders, Strictly, X Factor, Masterchef and other shite is on the idiot box.