closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anybody dealt with CW Sellors - Jura?

Master

Anybody dealt with CW Sellors - Jura?

Ordered 2 Certina watches 3 weeks ago, phoned them last week, "not in stock yet", phoned them again yesterday, "not in stock yet".
    They said they would find out what is going on and call back, nobody called back.
    Paid on the card so I'm not worried about the money just wondering if this is normal for them.

Thing is I went to a Certina dealers before Christmas and they had no stock and said they won't be stocking Certina any more, so wondering if Certina is eliminating some dealers or even pulling out of the UK.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have been to the shop and the main showroom they have always been exemplary.

Master
    Just had a call from them, it will be at least 3 more weeks wait for the watches from Certina. So the problem is with Certina and not Jura watches.

How can it take three weeks (or six depending on where you start from) to ship a couple of watches? Grinds my gears stuff like this (pun intended).

You have my sympathy. Hope they turn up sooner!

Jura comms isn't the best I have to say. Bought a Sinn from them last year and it was delayed but they didn't bother to tell me. I'd expect some form of notification. I remember thinking their general level of service was adequate but not great. Perhaps they are better when dealt with face to face.

Master
    I can vouch for their face-to-face service being exemplary.

They obviously don't carry all brands at every branch but if you want to view something in stock from another branch they will transfer it within a day or so.

Grand Master
    I've ordered parts for Sinn and Glycine watches via Jura. In each case I had to do a lot of chasing up and it took 3 months to get parts. I don't know whether the delay was due to the manufacturer being slow to respond, or whether it was down to Jura.......but I have my suspicions. On the last occasion I resorted to phoning them every other day and I had to behave like a dog with a f***ing bone.........I take no pleasure in doing that but it did coincide with the parts arriving within 1 week.

I think they are reluctant to make phone calls and chase orders up......I had to suggest that they take this radical approach to communication because (surprise surprise) e-mailing wasn't getting us very far.......this telephone/talking thing might just catch on, it's amazing how effective it can be!

My gut feeling is that they perform better after a KUTA........in 70s style non-politically-correct parlance that's a kick up the arse! I advise the OP to take heed.

Paul

I ordered a watch as a gift for my Mother from Jura, they messed up the order and delivered the wrong watch late. Zero comms on their side about their screw up- rude and unhelpful when I chased it up. I would avoid them like the plague.

Master
    Shame to read all the negative comments so far. I once visited their shop in Leeds and have to say their selection of watches was quite interesting and they seemed very carefully chosen (Ball, GS, Hamilton, Sinn etc.).Never bought anything from them but the shop assistant was very knowledgeable and not pushy at all.I actually had quite a good first impression of Jura.

Master
    thanks for the responses chaps, as a side question has anybody got any Certina watches, how's the quality long term.

Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    thanks for the responses chaps, as a side question has anybody got any Certina watches, how's the quality long term.
    Had this one coming in last week. Certina DS Action diver, I love it!
    Stunning blue dial and glossy acrylic bezel insert.
    Wonderful fit & finish.

Master
    very nice

I've gone for these 2 quartz as grab and go:
    DS First Ceramic Quartz - DS First Ceramic Chrono

The chrono has the 251.262 movement, which I like, seem to now be collectng them(Fila Sports watch, Victorinox Swiss Army Alpnach, Precista PRS17C and just recently a TAG CT111-01).

Opinions on the Bi-Metal(or both) chaps?
    Last edited by K300; 27th January 2016 at 15:24.

Master
    I have a Certina DS Action automatic - excellent quality, well regulated movement, decent bracelet and sufficiently different from a R***x for it not to be another "replica".

We have just returned from a trip to the Leeds branch to collect a Muhle Glashutte; and they were quite pleasant to deal with. Nice selection of watches in stock, not exhaustive by any means - it was especially nice to see some of the Sinn range in the flesh and I have to say they are quite lovely

Journeyman
    Slight thread resurrection, but I'm having some similar issues with Jura... I ordered a Sinn UX over a month ago - the website and following emails suggested 2-3 weeks delivery, which quickly moved to 2-4 weeks (Ok, these things happen) - which became ETA w/c 11th July (bummer) then w/c 18th (WTF?) and now best estimate is w/c 25th July...

They don't seem very communicative at all - emails are quite abrupt, calls too - is that the norm?

At the minute they've confirmed my watch is on the next Sinn shipment, but seem unable to estimate when that is (as above) - surely Sinn don't just randomly fill a box of watches and send it unannounced..?

Or am I just asking too much..!

Pics of new UX to follow at some point during 2016. Hopefully. :)

Master
    I brought a DS First for me and a Tag for the wife from Jura. No issues as such . Sounds like a delay in delivering by Certina. Why they don't have a presence in the UK beats me. They are sufficiently different from Tissot in my opinion

Master
    I found Jura a bit off-hand. Uncommunicative and remote. But they do have some nice watches and they offer interest free credit. Swings and roundabouts. Not the best, not the worst.
    Sort of mediocre really.

I bought my Sinn through Jura and i thought they were really good. I also used them to claim warranty on my Glycine twice. Both times they noted confirmation upon receipt and also communicated to Glycine for me. No complaints at all. I do think they may be prepared to sell items they do not have in stock; which is maybe the issue you have.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I found Jura a bit off-hand. Uncommunicative and remote. But they do have some nice watches and they offer interest free credit. Swings and roundabouts. Not the best, not the worst.
    Sort of mediocre really.
    It seems to be a standard complaint of their on-line service.

Grand Master
    I can only say my two recent purchases from them have gone very smoothly, surprised other member have had problems tbh.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I found them to hugely unprofessional. So much so I won't purchase from them again, ever.

Banned
    Sinn are very busy and backdated at the moment. My friend had a bit of a time with getting his 103 fixed. That was through a different shop. But the shops should know this before you purchase and be honest about it.

I was corresponding with Jura today about buying a Sinn 104. Knowing there was a delay with Sinn I asked how long is the waiting time, she said 2-4 weeks. Complete lies so I won't be buying from them even though she seemed really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroblack350 View Post
    Slight thread resurrection, but I'm having some similar issues with Jura... I ordered a Sinn UX over a month ago - the website and following emails suggested 2-3 weeks delivery, which quickly moved to 2-4 weeks (Ok, these things happen) - which became ETA w/c 11th July (bummer) then w/c 18th (WTF?) and now best estimate is w/c 25th July...

They don't seem very communicative at all - emails are quite abrupt, calls too - is that the norm?

At the minute they've confirmed my watch is on the next Sinn shipment, but seem unable to estimate when that is (as above) - surely Sinn don't just randomly fill a box of watches and send it unannounced..?

Or am I just asking too much..!

Pics of new UX to follow at some point during 2016. Hopefully. :)

I found their Internet operation's communication poor and confusing. Two different staff members who didn't know what the other had said to me (even though all contact had been by email). Ambiguous and confusing messages. Complete inflexibility from 'company policy' after they had messed me around, costing me time and money. I am sure they are lovely in the shop or over the phone, but their online business doesn't seem very flexible.

Bought 2 watches off them in the last 12 months, no problems whatsoever - no need to contact customer services though

Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    I can vouch for their face-to-face service being exemplary.

They obviously don't carry all brands at every branch but if you want to view something in stock from another branch they will transfer it within a day or so.
    I can also vouch for the Leeds shop in the Victoria Quarter, Jake and the ladies there have always been top notch.

Banned
    I bought my daughters Michael Kors from Jura and had no bother at all, arrived the following day. I thinks it's more the manufacturers at fault not delivering to Jura on time, but it sounds like Jura' communication could be better !
    Gone are the days when dealers keep a lot of stock, everything seems to be they'll order from the manufacturer when you've ordered AND PAID them.

I've always received great CS from Jura, and their online chat system is extremely helpful and fast.