closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tutima ‪Bundeswehr chrono‬

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    I didn't ask ... that's an interesting point though. The minute and chrono counter hands are unevenly faded and the hour hand has been replaced at some point so it's much lighter. It does need a few things - a handset, beadblasting of the case ... but no complaints at all at the price it went for.
    Sorry, but that is wrong.
    Your minute and second chronograph hands are luminous, and original. They could be requested as a special order instead of the orange ones.
    And the chronograph hour hand is original too. This hand (like all the sub-dial ones) was never offered as luminous by Tutima. So you have white hands on the constant seconds and 24-hr sub-dials. Orange on chrono-hours, and all the other 4 are luminous. None are faded.

Charge it up under a lamp and turn the lights off. See?

Personally I would love a set of these luminous ones, it is an improvement on the orange, and it is the one advantage of the EZM1 over the Tutima Commando II.

Dave

Thanks OP, you and the other contributors to the thread have just added another watch to my list, there should be warning signs above the door

Dave's correct - and I'd agree the white chrono hands add something. I've seen a few about but very infrequent. A really nice one you have there.

For interest: http://forum.atgvintagewatches.com/s...ghlight=albino

The cerakoted one and the bezelled Commando II here are also very interesting ones!

Last edited by andy111s; 23rd March 2016 at 13:49.

My Titanium versions

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Sorry, but that is wrong.
    Your minute and second chronograph hands are luminous, and original. They could be requested as a special order instead of the orange ones.
    And the chronograph hour hand is original too. This hand (like all the sub-dial ones) was never offered as luminous by Tutima. So you have white hands on the constant seconds and 24-hr sub-dials. Orange on chrono-hours, and all the other 4 are luminous. None are faded.

Charge it up under a lamp and turn the lights off. See?

Personally I would love a set of these luminous ones, it is an improvement on the orange, and it is the one advantage of the EZM1 over the Tutima Commando II.

Dave
    Believe me the pic I posted doesn't show it but the hands are faded/unevenly discoloured the question is do I want to live with this indefinitely - the pic I posted previously was bleached out due to reflections, this pic is more accurate showing uneven patination of the hands and markers

But they are lume hands, you can tell because the chrono-second hand is a different shape to the normal Tutima hand. Different colours to each other, yes, but they never matched the orange hand.
    D