closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: We Spend So Much Money Watching The One Thing That Going To Kill Us

Journeyman

We Spend So Much Money Watching The One Thing That Going To Kill Us

something a little silly for the morning to get us all going

so I was sat there last over a glass of single malt well a few glasses maybe, Looking at my '70's Tudor Price Auto' on my wrist, thinking about the Rolex and other watches I have that cost thousands,
    when I started thinking about the amount of money I spend on watching the biggest enemy I have slowly killing me.... As we all know time is our biggest enemy

I justified it by thinking if I had a enemy who was out to kill me I spend everything I had to keep an eye on him/her, So a few thousand does not seem to bad

remember just something silly to get us going this morning, so no need for abuse in the AM at least give it a few hours

Craftsman
    Time is a frenemy. Sometimes, it's on your side.

Master
    The same thought has occurred to me - there we are congratulating ourselves on our luxury timepiece, smiling as it ticks towards our inevitable demise...

Then again, if you're going to have a device strapped to your wrist that does that, it might as well look nice. At least it's not a count down timer!

Master
    It's not actually time that kills you though is it?

Grand Master
    If you drink enough whisky you can convince yourself that the watch is actually stealing the time from you......that's why I only like to keep one running at once!

Paul

Personally I want to be aware of what's killing me and I want to accurately know how much is taken away from the rest of my life.

Master
    It's not time that will kill us. It's threads like these.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    It's not time that will kill us. It's threads like these.
    Agreed, all very dark. At some point the sun will explode and anything left on planet earth will be consumed in a huge fireball, but it is unlikely to happen in the next few weeks, so I'd buy in another bottle - there will be time to drink it.

For God's sake get a grip, man!

Simon

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    For God's sake get a grip, man!

Simon
    so I say after a few drinks, I was just thinking about time itself and how much attention we pay to it and your reply is that.
    it was just a thought, not a way of life

For God's Simon get a grip of yourself it was all just tongue in check stuff, you need to relax a little maybe you should grab a glass whisky to claim yourself down

This is why I don't drink whisky...

;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wood View Post
    This is why I don't drink whisky...

;-)
    I go for the stronger stuff myself (hik!)..

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingCrazy View Post
    so I say after a few drinks, I was just thinking about time itself and how much attention we pay to it and your reply is that. it was just a thought, not a way of life For God's Simon get a grip of yourself it was all just tongue in check stuff, you need to relax a little maybe you should grab a glass whisky to claim yourself down
    Easy, tiger. My comment was equally tongue-in-cheek. Keep your shirt on ;)

Simon

Master
    Blog Entries
    Time does not kill us .... a whole range of other things do.

Time is precious and should be used the best we can; because it is precious it seems entirely reasonable to spend money to keep track of it ...

What I hate is people who do not keep track of time and are late ... which wastes the time of all those waiting for them ...

We're actually watching the world change around us as we travel through time (at the rate of 1s/s). We can think about all of the experiences we are moving towards, the choices available to us, and everything and everyone we'd miss if we stopped our journey through time.

If we weren't able to observe the result of a spring slowly unwinding, the Earth would keep on turning. I say we celebrate our status as time travellers by wearing beautiful watches with pride. We must make sure we have one on a wrist at all times to remind us how fortunate we are be here, and how we must experience everything we can while we can.

Master
    I'm sure my life has been made far safer and stress free by knowing the time rather than not knowing it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Perfect_Sandwich View Post
    We're actually watching the world change around us as we travel through time (at the rate of 1s/s). We can think about all of the experiences we are moving towards, the choices available to us, and everything and everyone we'd miss if we stopped our journey through time.

If we weren't able to observe the result of a spring slowly unwinding, the Earth would keep on turning. I say we celebrate our status as time travellers by wearing beautiful watches with pride. We must make sure we have one on a wrist at all times to remind us how fortunate we are be here, and how we must experience everything we can while we can.
    WOW. That is profound - are you drunk too?

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    WOW. That is profound - are you drunk too?
    Drunk on LIFE.

And BEER.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Perfect_Sandwich View Post
    Drunk on LIFE.

And BEER.
    Good man!