closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Beach holiday watch, one only - bracelet, rubber or NATO?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bracelet

26 30.23%
  • Rubber

37 43.02%
  • NATO

23 26.74%

Thread: Beach holiday watch, one only - bracelet, rubber or NATO?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    I tend to take a few NATOs: they're secure, washable, waterproof and while one is drying out you can wear another.

I can't take just one. I always take a Rolex for the evenings and a G shock for the days every year.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    I can't take just one. I always take a Rolex for the evenings and a G shock for the days every year.
    Bad strategy IMO.

If the Rolex gets nicked whilst you're out and about in the daytime you would have a helluva job claiming on your insurance. Personally, I just wouldn`t take the risk. I only ever take one watch on holiday thesedays and it's always something with fairly low value. I used to take my Rolex Explorer 1 and it stayed on my wrist all the time, but I stopped taking that a while ago.

Best advice (and I know most folks don`t want to hear this) is to take a cheap G-shock or similar. Forget about nice watches whilst on holiday. There's also the risk of attracting the wrong attention in many places. I have an old Seiko that's smart enough to wear but worth nothing and I`m happy with that thesedays.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Bad strategy IMO.

If the Rolex gets nicked whilst you're out and about in the daytime you would have a helluva job claiming on your insurance. Personally, I just wouldn`t take the risk. I only ever take one watch on holiday thesedays and it's always something with fairly low value. I used to take my Rolex Explorer 1 and it stayed on my wrist all the time, but I stopped taking that a while ago.

Best advice (and I know most folks don`t want to hear this) is to take a cheap G-shock or similar. Forget about nice watches whilst on holiday. There's also the risk of attracting the wrong attention in many places. I have an old Seiko that's smart enough to wear but worth nothing and I`m happy with that thesedays.

Paul
    I agree - I recently considered this same conundrum as since selling my Orange Monster I don't have a holiday watch any more. I set myself a budget to get something on rubber for the days, and something smart on bracelet for the evenings. I realised there's just no point. SKX007 on rubber and sod anyone that thinks it looks scruffy in the evenings.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Bad strategy IMO.

Paul
    Not bad advice and It is a risk, yes, but so is wearing your Rolex sitting in an office on your own as we have seen over the last few days. Theft could cause insurance problems but I always find a decent hiding place for my valuables when away. I don't wear an expensive watch to work very often so when I'm away it's the only chance I get to wear one consistently i.e 14 nights on the trot. I do go back to the same place most years so my familiarity with it gives me a sense of security, I realise that is not always the norm.
    So it's the G shock for out on the water and my PO for the evenings.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Same here but in answer to the question I'd choose the bracelet.

Craftsman
    Rubber.
    Always only take one watch on holiday.