Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
Bad strategy IMO.

If the Rolex gets nicked whilst you're out and about in the daytime you would have a helluva job claiming on your insurance. Personally, I just wouldn`t take the risk. I only ever take one watch on holiday thesedays and it's always something with fairly low value. I used to take my Rolex Explorer 1 and it stayed on my wrist all the time, but I stopped taking that a while ago.

Best advice (and I know most folks don`t want to hear this) is to take a cheap G-shock or similar. Forget about nice watches whilst on holiday. There's also the risk of attracting the wrong attention in many places. I have an old Seiko that's smart enough to wear but worth nothing and I`m happy with that thesedays.

Paul
I agree - I recently considered this same conundrum as since selling my Orange Monster I don't have a holiday watch any more. I set myself a budget to get something on rubber for the days, and something smart on bracelet for the evenings. I realised there's just no point. SKX007 on rubber and sod anyone that thinks it looks scruffy in the evenings.