Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
Bad strategy IMO.

If the Rolex gets nicked whilst you're out and about in the daytime you would have a helluva job claiming on your insurance. Personally, I just wouldn`t take the risk. I only ever take one watch on holiday thesedays and it's always something with fairly low value. I used to take my Rolex Explorer 1 and it stayed on my wrist all the time, but I stopped taking that a while ago.

Best advice (and I know most folks don`t want to hear this) is to take a cheap G-shock or similar. Forget about nice watches whilst on holiday. There's also the risk of attracting the wrong attention in many places. I have an old Seiko that's smart enough to wear but worth nothing and I`m happy with that thesedays.

Paul
Not bad advice and It is a risk, yes, but so is wearing your Rolex sitting in an office on your own as we have seen over the last few days. Theft could cause insurance problems but I always find a decent hiding place for my valuables when away. I don't wear an expensive watch to work very often so when I'm away it's the only chance I get to wear one consistently i.e 14 nights on the trot. I do go back to the same place most years so my familiarity with it gives me a sense of security, I realise that is not always the norm.
So it's the G shock for out on the water and my PO for the evenings.