And I haven't changed my watch.

No big deal in the real world but in this weird corner of the Internet, it's not uncommon to change watch at least daily, sometimes more. I have always taken great delight in picking tomorrow's watch from the box last thing at night; winding, setting the calendar or moonphase if necessary and then looking forward to wearing it next day.

A week ago I received this from Jacob;

And haven't bothered picking up another watch since. Everything from the weight, the odd grey metal that looks like liquid, the red chronograph hands and the fact it's actually pretty low key (for me) really appeals. It's done smart for work, baby baths, a weekend out and about, even a tip run without me giving it a second thought. Through every time I take it on and off, use the Chrono or simply look at the time, I get a thrill.

There are often threads saying 'if you could only have one' and I usually post 'impossible, maybe three'. But there could just be one, and this is it. 100m WR, slim, useful complication and yet luxurious enough for any Mayfair hotel bar.

No reason for this post other than the fact I am utterly thrilled with this watch. I took a chance, spent money I really shouldn't have but I know after just seven days it was worth it.

As you were :)