closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It's day seven...

It's day seven...

And I haven't changed my watch.

No big deal in the real world but in this weird corner of the Internet, it's not uncommon to change watch at least daily, sometimes more. I have always taken great delight in picking tomorrow's watch from the box last thing at night; winding, setting the calendar or moonphase if necessary and then looking forward to wearing it next day.

A week ago I received this from Jacob;

And haven't bothered picking up another watch since. Everything from the weight, the odd grey metal that looks like liquid, the red chronograph hands and the fact it's actually pretty low key (for me) really appeals. It's done smart for work, baby baths, a weekend out and about, even a tip run without me giving it a second thought. Through every time I take it on and off, use the Chrono or simply look at the time, I get a thrill.

There are often threads saying 'if you could only have one' and I usually post 'impossible, maybe three'. But there could just be one, and this is it. 100m WR, slim, useful complication and yet luxurious enough for any Mayfair hotel bar.

No reason for this post other than the fact I am utterly thrilled with this watch. I took a chance, spent money I really shouldn't have but I know after just seven days it was worth it.

As you were :)

Master
    Too much for me I prefer the older Daytonas but that was a great price and if you love it then that's it.Now if it was the Tudor Big Block......

Nothing like wearing a watch you love day in day out. Presumably the time hasn't looked like it's needed adjusting in that week?

Master
    I do like the combo's of colours on that watch

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Nothing like wearing a watch you love day in day out. Presumably the time hasn't looked like it's needed adjusting in that week?
    Haven't checked the timekeeping TBH - it was running when received (72hrs reserve) and I just took and link out and wore it.

Just checked against the atomic clock on the Watchville app. Umm... It's correct to the absolute second! I'm guessing that's a co-incidence but a fun one nevertheless :)

Master
    Doesn't really surprise me. Lovely piece.
    I wore my BLRO almost three weeks until today I forced myself to choose something else!

It is a gorgeous watch,Lewis. No wonder you are delighted.
    One of my favorite from modern Daytonas.
    Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Doesn't really surprise me. Lovely piece.
    I wore my BLRO almost three weeks until today I forced myself to choose something else!
    Heh - I'm going to do exactly the same thing tomorrow! Make myself wear something else just to remember other watches are available...

That really is lovely, I would be very happy with that as an only watch. Want to sell? :)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Haven't checked the timekeeping TBH - it was running when received (72hrs reserve) and I just took and link out and wore it.

Just checked against the atomic clock on the Watchville app. Umm... It's correct to the absolute second! I'm guessing that's a co-incidence but a fun one nevertheless :)
    Not necessarily L.. 0/0 isnt unheard of :)

Master
    Not many Daytonas I see that I like Lewis but that is one very handsome watch. It's the red hands that do it for me, otherwise I usually find them a bit bling for my liking. Those hands seem to tone it down a little somehow.

Lovely to hear someone has found watch-wearing nirvana. Congratulations.

Craftsman
    Take it the 1655 hasn't been getting much of a look in?

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Take it the 1655 hasn't been getting much of a look in?
    Not for the last seven days :)

I'll give it an airing tomorrow I think.

Craftsman
    That's lovely. My grail

wear in good health

Craftsman
    Not for the last seven days :)

I'll give it an airing tomorrow I think.
    Cracking choice to have, particularly with the Explorer in there as well!

Master
    Stunnng watch, I really wished I had the cash when it came up as it's one of my all time favourites. Hope you enjoy it......well.......at least until I have some spare cash then you can dislike it and sell it to me! :-)

Craftsman
    I wouldn't kick it out of bed. Lovely watch.

One of my suppliers was wearing one of these when we had a night out the other month. I have a bi-metal Daytona and could really feel the weight difference. Felt really solid on!

Master
    I'm not a massive fan of the current SS Daytona, but in WG, this really seems like so much more than the sum of its parts. Stunning, enjoy it!

Master
    I wouldn't change it for at least seven days either if I had it.

One day... One day...

Master
    And I haven't changed my watch.

No reason for this post other than the fact I am utterly thrilled with this watch. I took a chance, spent money I really shouldn't have but I know after just seven days it was worth it.

As you were :)
    And so you should be thrilled. I certainly would be.

I've never been a massive fan of the Daytona, but I've never seen that version before.
    That's fabulous.
    Congratulations.

Craftsman
    Looks the bees knees. Bet you enjoy even more returning to it after a break, if you wear the Explorer for a few days...enjoy!

Fantastic, Lewis - one of very few watches I genuinely lust after. Sadly, some impending house renovations meant that I couldn't even think about it right now but it caused a twinge to see it sold.

Enjoy it, mate.

That looks stunning.

Great catch, I love WG Daytonas, most people are clueless as to what it is which really appeals to me.

Stunning. Best thing about that watch is, if you know......you know..

The Daytona is a flawed watch ( and I have three - white face SS, Black face SS and Steel/Gold Black face) - the ergonomics are wrong, the sub dials difficult to read, time is not easy to tell at a glance, it wears small, marks easily .

However, the version that Lewis has addresses some of these issues and is the best version of the Daytona IMHO. First dibs when you inevitably sell it

Craftsman
    Beautiful watch, lusted after these for a while now. Great pickup Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Great catch, I love WG Daytonas, most people are clueless as to what it is which really appeals to me.
    I have no idea why but therein lies much of the appeal of the watch. Plus the dial layout I think is far nicer and more legible than a SS one with the red hands.

Thanks all for the positive comments, it's nice to feel warm and fuzzy on tz once in a while :)

Craftsman
    Lovely watch, which one day I also hope to own.

Master
    I love chronograph watches & that Daytona is absolutely spot-on IMO, there is nothing about it I would change. In fact, this may sound daft, but, the only way I can describe it is, DELICIOUS. I've never used that term to describe how I feel about a watch before;)

No partial numerals around the sub dials, chrono heaven!

Smashing watch, I'm rarely jealous of things that I can't afford but the more I look the greener I'm turning.