closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice Rolex Hulk on Ebay pretty good one fake as hell!!

Nice Rolex Hulk on Ebay pretty good one fake as hell!!

Well I came across this tonight on Ebay a Rolex Hulk which I reported and more than likely be a waste of time. This is probably one of the good fakes off that site noobwatch, first thing that was striking was the the colour green on the bezel and dial was awful, and the second was the the colour of the Rolex sign on the outer box which made me look more. The rehaut looks good but the RolexRolexRolex the crown RolexRolexRolex does not synchronize with the ticks on the dial as they do on a genuine Rolex.

The thing I always look at on fakes is the end links fitting the casing this particular one are better fit than most fakes but still not flush and perfect as a Genuine one. But I think a nice touch is the user name abouttime 2015 and business seller too and Rolex Submariner booklet with some links removed and placed in a clear tag heuer bag. Lets hope someone does not think it is genuine Rolex and pay the money. Or may be I am wrong and they do not know its fake.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2623162153...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Blue lume, bezel pip centred in triangle... If it's fake, then it's scary, scary stuff.

No obvious tells for me (on phone) and I've had a couple of LVs.

The bezel/dial colour could be a red herring, they're different every picture you take.

I saw a rather easy to spot fake skydweller recently and was amusing myself by comparing it with the real thing. I stumbled on something I hadn't known before: at six o'clock the rehaut will interrupt the RolexRolexRolex with the model number. This skydweller had the number for a daydate.

Master
    It's a very good fake, if it is indeed fake, I think I'd struggle but I guess you would need to cross reference the serial number on the rehault against the warranty card.

^^^ The number on the rehaut is the serial number.

The Hulk in the OP would have definitely fooled me

Oh and doesn't realise about the rehaut letters matching up to the minute markers... Just had a look at some and see exactly what you mean.

Definitely fake

Quote Originally Posted by trisdg View Post
    ^^^ The number on the rehaut is the serial number.

The Hulk in the OP would have definitely fooled me
    The numbers on the rehaut don't line up if you look at a genuine ceramic Rolex each letter lines up with each minute marker on the dial. But think it would fool someone thou as it's one of the better ones. The end links don't fit the casing as good as you would expect from Rolex there not flush to the casing.
    Last edited by bokbok; 3rd March 2016 at 10:04.

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    The numbers on the rehaut don't line up if you look at a genuine ceramic Rolex each letter lines up with each minute marker on the dial. But think it would fool someone thou as it's one of the better ones. The end links don't fit the casing as good as you would expect from Rolex there not flush to the casing.
    Yeah, I had no idea...

And I used to own a 114060 :O

Master
    Scary. The chronometer seal tag would have been the only thing that would have flagged that to me at first glance, but the rehaut is the definite giveaway.

I say again. Scary.

This is from Noob factory V5... if this is scary wait for the V6 they are releasing this month.... and if you want to get really scared read up on TC sub... will make you think twice before buying some older models or YM...
    Last edited by silly; 3rd March 2016 at 10:48.

Master
    What about the Santos and the Bimetal Sub with the serti dial they're also selling? I'm assuming fake too, along with the louboutin shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
    What about the Santos and the Bimetal Sub with the serti dial they're also selling? I'm assuming fake too, along with the louboutin shoes.
    The serti dial Submariner does look right not sure about the Santos thou

Where's monofaker to tell us all that this doesn't happen? To fight the good fight?

These fakes (they're reps, man, they're reps!) are designed with one purpose - this is it. To deceive.

Either the business seller has been ripped off or the business seller is a liar and a thief. If eBay don't remove the ad, someone will be five grand out for a POS fake because of people who support the fake industry.

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    That's good to know, thank.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Where's monofaker to tell us all that this doesn't happen? To fight the good fight?

These fakes (they're reps, man, they're reps!) are designed with one purpose - this is it. To deceive.

Either the business seller has been ripped off or the business seller is a liar and a thief. If eBay don't remove the ad, someone will be five grand out for a POS fake because of people who support the fake industry.
    I think they know exactly what they're selling... they have even added the 50 quid box and papers to make it look more legit...

Master
    Just taking a closer look at the rehault on my SD4000.

What I can see is :-

1. there is a Rolex crown at the 12.
    2. The x in Rolex lines up with the minute markers on the 12-6 side.
    3. The R in Rolex lines up with the minute markers on the 6-12 side.
    3. The serial number runs from the 5 and 7 markers.

Master
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.50...7i13312!8i6656

The registered address is a crummy residential house in Birmingham. Old account, never sold anything of value, but this rash of high end watches and foot-wear is a brand new venture. Could be hijacked, could just be a swift scam to run away with twenty plus grand.

Master
    ^ Wow!

Complete with skip!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    This is from Noob factory V5... if this is scary wait for the V6 they are releasing this month.... and if you want to get really scared read up on TC sub... will make you think twice before buying some older models or YM...
    That TC guy is the one who made the fake Sea-Dweller 93160A bracelet I got stung by on eBay. Very accurate fakes which is allowing situations like mine and the fraudulent eBay sale above to occur. I hate fakes

Craftsman
    Is the coronet on the winding crown completely off-centre, or is it camera angle?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post

Hi there! Thanks for your continuing attention.

I don't believe anyone here has ever suggested that eBay fraud doesn't happen and certainly I wouldn't, so I'm afraid you're confused again, unfortunately. This (actual fraud amounting to theft) is not the purpose for which they are manufactured. If it was, they wouldn't supply them to vendors who provide them openly and explicitly as replicas for £90 or £100, would they?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    Just taking a closer look at the rehault on my SD4000.

What I can see is :-

1. there is a Rolex crown at the 12.
    2. The x in Rolex lines up with the minute markers on the 12-6 side.
    3. The R in Rolex lines up with the minute markers on the 6-12 side.
    3. The serial number runs from the 5 and 7 markers.
    Just had a look at my own Hulk replica; all the above is also true on mine and they do line up perfectly.

The obvious indication that it's not genuine is the feel of the movement - nothing like a genuine Rolex (though mine is a fairly inexpensive albeit cosmetically quite impressive replica, cost less than £120 including postage). I believe it's an Asian 2824 clone, but I'm not a replica nerd.

Interestingly it's currently keeping time to within COSC standards. That just sucks, doesn't it? :D

Every time a replica gets sold as a fake the manufacturer of the replica is scandalised, dismayed at the reputation of their honorable industry being dragged into mud.

Postage and packing is a bargain, I am guessing that is another little 'tell'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Every time a replica gets sold as a fake the manufacturer of the replica is scandalised, dismayed at the reputation of their honorable industry being dragged into mud.
    I assume your tongue is firmly in your cheek when you say that?

Are say saying it's not the "replica" makers problem that there are some scummy people in this world that will charge over 10x what they paid for a watch, that's being advertise as the "real thing"?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Postage and packing is a bargain, I am guessing that is another little 'tell'.

No. eBay put it has this as standard when listing a watch. Sometimes if you forget to change it will be listed as this.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    No. eBay put it has this as standard when listing a watch. Sometimes if you forget to change it will be listed as this.
    Ah, my bad. Good point.

Buy the seller - always buy the seller - feedback of 6 and other items on sale are slippers...

Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    Buy the seller - always buy the seller - feedback of 6 and other items on sale are slippers...

I was going to say exactly the same thing about 'buying the seller'. For me the seller's text/description is a massive 'tell' as its all a bit shouty and failing to display any real knowledge or passion for the item. Like selling a 10 year old Ford Fiesta.

I appreciate there are plenty high end watch owners out there that lack this and perhaps the finer skills when it comes to selling but even if the watch were real the overall feel of the advert made me look away pretty quickly.

There are plenty of safer places to direct my £5,000........

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Just had a look at my own Hulk replica; all the above is also true on mine and they do line up perfectly.

The obvious indication that it's not genuine is the feel of the movement - nothing like a genuine Rolex (though mine is a fairly inexpensive albeit cosmetically quite impressive replica, cost less than £120 including postage). I believe it's an Asian 2824 clone, but I'm not a replica nerd.

Interestingly it's currently keeping time to within COSC standards. That just sucks, doesn't it? :D

Fake watches are for fake people. You should both be happy that this is Watch Talk and not the Bear Pit, or I would tell you what I think of you.

Journeyman
    I think the nails on the hand of the person holding the item are enough of an off-putter!

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post

Why do you wear a replica?

Craftsman
    Blame China and our pursuance of cheap goods profitability and greed that has led us to pretty much turning a blind eye to their enormous production of counterfeit designer products which swamp the world every year .
    It beggars belief that on one hand we have economic deals and transactions set up involving multi national corporations with this country and on the other hand they take the piss out of the West by producing huge volumes of fake products and sell it back to us!
    Ebay is a point in itself , the place is swamped with cheap unbranded products imported and sold by Non Uk nationals , many from China itself , mobile phone products , pseudo leather goods , gardening equipment , electrical goods, housewares..etc etc etc many without the necessary safety checks and legal standards . Most last a few months if you are lucky. These are just as bad as the goods that have the trademarks illegally stamped or printed on them .
    We must be crazy ..
    Last edited by Tomaitch; 3rd March 2016 at 16:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Fake watches are for fake people. You should both be happy that this is Watch Talk and not the Bear Pit, or I would tell you what I think of you.
    Why would you assume that I don't share your views on this??? Just because I know about the existence of these things doesn't mean that own one...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    Blame China and our pursuance of cheap goods profitability and greed that has led us to pretty much turning a blind eye to their enormous production of counterfeit designer products which swamp the world every year .
    It beggars belief that on one hand we have economic deals and transactions set up involving multi national corporations with this country and on the other hand they take the piss out of the West by producing huge volumes of fake products and sell it back to us!
    Ebay is a point in itself , the place is swamped with cheap unbranded products imported and sold by Non Uk nationals , many from China itself , mobile phone products , pseudo leather goods , gardening equipment , electrical goods, housewares..etc etc etc many without the necessary safety checks and legal standards . Most last a few months if you are lucky. These are just as bad as the goods that have the trademarks illegally stamped or printed on them .
    We must be crazy ..
    Totally agree, some of my golf clubs are made in China and they are not fake!

Why would you assume that I don't share your views on this??? Just because I know about the existence of these things doesn't mean that own one...
    Your detailled knowledge about new fake models coming out later this months are telling me everything I ever wanted to know about you.

Regarding this eBay seller, one thing interested me and that is in the 'Feedback left for others' where there are two entries for a Bvlgari watch. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Your detailled knowledge about new fake models coming out later this months are telling me everything I ever wanted to know about you.
    With a quick google search you can learn a thing or two... you should try that sometimes... who knows it might make you slightly less ignorant.

To be honest I couldn't care less what you think. At least i know how to spot the most advanced fakes and what tiny details to look out for...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    All that from a cursory Google.

Yeah. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Why do you wear a replica?
    He doesn't wear a replica, he wears a fake.

Let's tell it like it is...

Simon

There seems to be no crown on the rehaut at 12. He reckons he bought the watch new from Frazier hart (not Fraser Hart)....

Craftsman
    As a owner of a hulk I find this very worrying..

I always classed myself as someone who can spot a fake relatively easily but it seems that may not be the case for much longer.

Craftsman
    Wow, I really cannot tell it's a fake. That is scary.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    There seems to be no crown on the rehaut at 12. He reckons he bought the watch new from Frazier hart (not Fraser Hart)....
    Upon closer inspection, neither can I!

Craftsman
    Why do you know all this ? I Googled V6 found very little !
    If you were a watch dealer then information like this helps to not make buying mistakes I'd guess but if you are not how does knowing about pictures of fake watches help you in normal Life ?
    Unless of course you do have a collection of them and are secretly waiting for the model that cannot be distinguished from the original watch and you'll leap out proudly holding your new acquisition advising all and sundry of your latest trigger pull or whatever you'll call it .
    I find the whole thing rather pathetic but I'll give you a pat on the back as it seems that's what you long for ;-)

I got curious and Googled "Noob v5 Rolex" and clicked on the first thing that caught my eye, an unboxing thread.....

"Might gonna get myself one of these badboys soon"

"Excellent piece, got the exact same version for my wife and I am very happy! Enjoy and wear with pride"

Master
    "Wear with pride" - priceless!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    They're the stick a fat exhaust pipe and a spoiler on a corsa and pretend it's an EVO idiots of the watch world.

I dont own any fakes/replicas/homages call them whatever as I dont collect watches for the show but their mechanical merits.. as part of my job I do extensive research into industries that can sometimes range from cargo ships to high end hand built italian coffee machines and artisan coffee...I find it interesting and love to educate myself along the way.

My friend who is rather wealthy and in theory can afford any watch known to man have chosen to collect high end fakes. Not only that he have tried to convince me that they are as good as the real thing and dropping 10k on a watch is just plain stupid ... in the same time he have dropped quite a few million pounds on performance sports cars...having seen a few of his fakes in metal I must admit it was rather scary, so I've started looking into this industry and howbto avoid being ripped off. After googling a few models that he had I came across a few forums on which you don't even have to register to access all the information. You can quickly learn about the most superfaked models, side by side comparisons with real and how they are getting improved with each version... the reason I know its the version 5 in OP is that the previous versions didn't had the silver ink on the ceramic bezel which was one of the biggest tells...

From what I've learned and keep learning I would never advise anyone to buy a Rolex and a few other brsmds from anywhere else than an AD. Its just too risky.

It might be pathetic but at least not ignorant....
    Last edited by silly; 3rd March 2016 at 22:10.

Master
    Over $500 for a version with an ETA movement in. The crazy thing is that there are so many cool watches out there within that price point. Lots of Eddie's and other brands such as Steinhart where you get a full customer service experience and support, then you have watches like the CWC diver and a shed load of Seiko models. So much to go at, learn about and enjoy and yet there are still tits out there who would rather pretend they're wearing a Rolex than put in some leg work, learn and have fun experiencing the colourful world of watches in the sub 500 quid market.