closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Another inane thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    Faced with that dilemma I'd have made a stencil with my house name / number and sprayed that on the bins, only need to make one stencil and buy one spray can.
    Now there's a man with a bit of nous!

If i needed to, i think i'd also use the stencil method. However our bins already have numbers on.
    Our bin day is a Monday. Except for bank holidays of course.

On another note, my Honda is due a service in about 500 miles.

I've got a cold, and my sense of taste is inhibited and my coffee is tasting bitter this morning. Very disappointing.

Murphy must have his day off today.

I just fixed me some sandwiches for lunch, four half-slices of bread with ham, sausage and cheese (aged gouda and gruyere), topped with tomatoes and pickled cucumbers. When walking over to the table, I stumbled over a Lego® construction (similar to this one) and my half-sandwiches fell on the ground. Imagine my surprise: all four of them landed face-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Murphy must have his day off today.

I just fixed me some sandwiches for lunch, four half-slices of bread with ham, sausage and cheese (aged gouda and gruyere), topped with tomatoes and pickled cucumbers. When walking over to the table, I stumbled over a Lego® construction (similar to this one) and my half-sandwiches fell on the ground. Imagine my surprise: all four of them landed face-up.
    Triangles or rectangles?

They were open sandwiches, traditional organic bio-bread, half slices. Unfortunately I cannot show you as they are gone now (guess what happened to them).

But I found this on the internet, a bit similar.

I made two rounds of sandwiches (cold turkey) for lunch the other day, one with mustard, one with cranberry sauce, got up to my study to consume them and found that I had neglected to put the turkey into the cranberry sauce round, a new low in forgetfulness even for me.

I have never owned a Honda but I do know several Colins and have one neighbour (who is not called Colin and doesn't own a a Honda)

Master
    I still see Rob's van in the area, and still he refuses to stop and say 'Hi', I miss him.

The lady in the shop never says hello if I buy muesli. (Even if I buy cheese with it).

I made cucumber sandwiches at the weekend. Every time I went to cut the crusts off the bloody things kept rolling off the table!! I tried chalking them but the chalk made them taste awful.

Master
    My dentist has advised me that all four 'wis'dom teeth need removing. Does this mean that I wont like watches anymore ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Hmm... that's an unusual breakfast choice, but fair enough.

I have a few comments though, and I'm sure you'll welcome the constructive feedback.

1 - Those chips look a bit undercooked to me - I think several shades darker would enhance their flavour. I've linked to a pantone chart here that may help you:

http://realaccesspromo.com/PMSColorChart

I would recommend aiming for PMS 123, but feel free to experiement within the range.

2 - The egg, while well formed, may be a little too undercooked also (is a theme emerging here?). Consider the threat of salmonella, and then decide the risk level you feel comfortable with. If you would like me to forward over a risk assessment form please let me know, although I expect you have your own.

3 - I think some ham is missing. Or perhaps a duet of sausages?

4 - I see no evidence of ketchup. I can only assume this photo was taken before the aforementioned condiment was added?

I hope this helps you reflect on your breakfasting choices, and perhaps make some improvements going forward. I hope you can provide us with some updates in due course.
    I've now seen the error in my ways and after reflecting on my breakfast choices I've opted for the improved offering, courtesy of my local

I once watched a TV programme called 3-2-1, from memory it starred a bin called Dusty. No-one wanted him which was a shame as, for a bin, he seemed to be a cheery fellow. Can't remember any stenciled letters on him, or any other kind of alphanumeric markings for that matter. I wonder what he's doing now?

And all this reminds me that I need to pop out at some point for some "o"s - thanks, chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I once watched a TV programme called 3-2-1, from memory it starred a bin called Dusty. No-one wanted him which was a shame as, for a bin, he seemed to be a cheery fellow. Can't remember any stenciled letters on him, or any other kind of alphanumeric markings for that matter. I wonder what he's doing now?

And all this reminds me that I need to pop out at some point for some "o"s - thanks, chaps.
    Like CardShark, I too wonder what happened to some of the characters from our past. When I were a lad I used to read the Eagle comic, and some of the strips were sponsored by manufacturers. For instance there was a strip called The Adventures of Tommy Walls, a lad who did heroic feats, and then made a W sign with his hands - he was sponsored by Walls Ice Cream.

Rowntrees sponsored the adventures of three sailors called Minty, Fruity and Scotty, named after the three flavours of their Polo brand.

Now we all know that Minty Polo is still around, and I'm pretty sure that Scotty went on to be the chief engineer on a space ship, but does anybody know what happened to Fruity?

The last I knew was that he was going to Tangier for some important surgery but I've not heard a word since. Anyone?

Master
    The steward at my local watering hole advised me of a new arrival in the gin section last night, Hoxton Gin, infused with grapefruit and coconut, served long with fever tree naturally light tonic and slice of grapefruit.

I though it was a jolly refreshing drop, Bernard however suggested that it bordered on a cocktail, was suspiciously camp and definitely too european for our small south coast village and if I wanted to drink such things Brighton was but a short train ride away.

Obviously I apologised immediately to Bernard for the shock caused and advised that I deferred to him on all matters camp and Brighton given he spent his formative years as a active resident.

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    Like CardShark, I too wonder what happened to some of the characters from our past. When I were a lad I used to read the Eagle comic, and some of the strips were sponsored by manufacturers. For instance there was a strip called The Adventures of Tommy Walls, a lad who did heroic feats, and then made a W sign with his hands - he was sponsored by Walls Ice Cream.

Rowntrees sponsored the adventures of three sailors called Minty, Fruity and Scotty, named after the three flavours of their Polo brand.

Now we all know that Minty Polo is still around, and I'm pretty sure that Scotty went on to be the chief engineer on a space ship, but does anybody know what happened to Fruity?

The last I knew was that he was going to Tangier for some important surgery but I've not heard a word since. Anyone?
    He retrained and later appeared in Viz as Fru T Bunn

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The steward at my local watering hole advised me of a new arrival in the gin section last night, Hoxton Gin, infused with grapefruit and coconut, served long with fever tree naturally light tonic and slice of grapefruit.

I though it was a jolly refreshing drop, Bernard however suggested that it bordered on a cocktail, was suspiciously camp and definitely too european for our small south coast village and if I wanted to drink such things Brighton was but a short train ride away.

Obviously I apologised immediately to Bernard for the shock caused and advised that I deferred to him on all matters camp and Brighton given he spent his formative years as a active resident.
    Bernard the Brighton Barsteward. Perhaps you could keep us updated periodically on his pronouncements on what is trending in those parts, e.g. new vocabularies. Since Hugh Paddick died I've been totally out of touch.

It is Thursday, which means - as you all know - the cleaning lady was here today. Unfortunately I was out when she left, so I couldn't give her the annual Easter champagne. I wonder if she already had plans selling it on Sales Corner of the maid's forum?

It is Thursday, which means - as you all know - the cleaning lady was here today. Unfortunately I was out when she left, so I couldn't give her the annual Easter champagne. I wonder if she already had plans selling it on Sales Corner of the maid's forum?
    I wouldn't worry, I'm sure she helped herself to your washing lines.

Must check.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I'm going to Thatcham on Thursday. I've never been before, but fortunately I know somebody there so it won't be a wasted journey.
    I'm back from Thatcham and have just realised I didn't eat my banana.

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    I wouldn't worry, I'm sure she helped herself to your washing lines.
    And your champagne.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    And your champagne.
    Top girl! Hope she left the proper fink well alone ;)

Last edited by VDG; 24th March 2016 at 20:11.

Papa's Kino ist tot.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

My cleaning lady comes to ours on a Thursday too, apart from this week when she asked to come on Wednesday, I had no objection.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Tomorrow is garbage collection.

Another inane thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    My cleaning lady comes to ours on a Thursday too, apart from this week when she asked to come on Wednesday, I had no objection.
    Last edited by Raffe; 24th March 2016 at 21:50. Reason: Bloody video link....

Banana on toast for dinner, because I'm six, it seems

Master
    Spring bicycle pub tour today, scouse Colin and Brighton Bernard will not be in attendance, I haven't heard from dpd Rob but I don't hold out much hope for him either. I'll have to console myself with the wife and some ale, unless I spy some Hoxton gin on route I'll have to wait until I'm back on home ground to imbibe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Banana on toast for dinner, because I'm six, it seems
    Mix in a little brown sugar for a nutritious and tasty snack.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Tomorrow is garbage collection.
    Thanks for the reminder, but ours is collected on a Tuesday.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, but ours is collected on a Tuesday.
    Careful - it's Easter, don't forget. Bin collections are all over the place, and it could take several weeks to get back to normal.

It's very disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Careful - it's Easter, don't forget. Bin collections are all over the place, and it could take several weeks to get back to normal.

It's very disconcerting.
    Drives me nuts every time. They will collect on Saturday next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

It's very disconcerting.
    I dread to even check. I know I'll spend all Easter worrying about it if I do.

I've had enough of all of these Colins and Eugenes - I want to know about Rhubarb Barbara. I think we should be told.

I have tried the search function, it appears the forum has never had a 'bin day' poll.

Two lessons here:

1. You get a lot further if you put pockets of air into your delivery.
    2. You don't have to be the most clever animal to make it to the top.

Fried banana, with pinch of brown sugar, a lil'bit of nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon and drop of rum. Must be had with very, very strong black coffee - perfect brekie.

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Fried banana, with pinch of brown sugar, a lil'bit of nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon and drop of rum. Must be had with very, very strong black coffee - perfect brekie.
    This was so unlike what I had. For my dinner.

Roast chicken for dinner.

Meeting Colin for a colonic tomorrow.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Lucky Colin. I'm thinking to order some nice local curry in, dunno it's a bit late in the day..

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Roast chicken for dinner.

Meeting Colin for a colonic tomorrow.
    Having roast chicken tomorrow. No colonic though. And no Colin.

Master
    I could do with a colonic at present, the tasty burger I had around three pm has taken a strangle hold of my lower intestine and is playing me a merry jig. The act of cycling and imbibing around seven pints are inconsequential.

Banned
    My other hobby is model boats, My passion tug boats, I built this one last year, working navigation lights, complete with bow thrusters twin steerable 58mm props with 60mm steerable Kort nozzles, working smoke funnels. All run with twin 700 brushless motors on 12 volts with an 11:1 planetary gearbox.

A quick pic of her ice breaking.

I have just finished a submarine the hardest part is setting the dive mechanism, Basically, there are two ways to submerge a boat: dynamic diving and static diving. The boat submerges by filling the main ballast tanks with water. After that, the buoyancy is accurately adjusted with the trim tanks. Once underwater, the depth of the boat is controlled with the hydroplanes.

Here it is in action

No chicken for lunch today.

Colin stood me up, so I drank his half of the Chablis.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

If we continue to fill up the bin like this, it will be a long week until Saturday. If I am lucky the neighbours will put theirs out on Friday already (not thinking about the irregular week due to Easter)...

I've got 13 devices to change tonight. Fortunately for me I forgot the shed clock in October, so that will really save me some time.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 26th March 2016 at 20:37.

It's raining quite a storm here at the moment.

I may may have to walk the dog later, although judging by the gas attacks he is currently visiting upon me I might have to bite the bullet and go sooner.

i wasn't expecting to have to make these kinds of decisions this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I've got 13 devices to change tonight. Fortunately for me I forgot the shed clock in October, so that will really save me some time.
    Put your feet up. I'm in the same position re the car clocks. By the time I get through 120 pages of drop down charts on how to do it, it will be winter again.

Did I mention that my mum's former milkman, Frank, had been married before?

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    Put your feet up. I'm in the same position re the car clocks. By the time I get through 120 pages of drop down charts on how to do it, it will be winter again.

Did I mention that my mum's former milkman, Frank, had been married before?
    Luckily I noticed it when I cut the lawn on Wednesday as I really didn't fancy going out to the shed at 2am.
    Was Frank a former milkman at the time?
    Last edited by bonzo697; 26th March 2016 at 21:44.