Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
I once watched a TV programme called 3-2-1, from memory it starred a bin called Dusty. No-one wanted him which was a shame as, for a bin, he seemed to be a cheery fellow. Can't remember any stenciled letters on him, or any other kind of alphanumeric markings for that matter. I wonder what he's doing now?

And all this reminds me that I need to pop out at some point for some "o"s - thanks, chaps.
Like CardShark, I too wonder what happened to some of the characters from our past. When I were a lad I used to read the Eagle comic, and some of the strips were sponsored by manufacturers. For instance there was a strip called The Adventures of Tommy Walls, a lad who did heroic feats, and then made a W sign with his hands - he was sponsored by Walls Ice Cream.

Rowntrees sponsored the adventures of three sailors called Minty, Fruity and Scotty, named after the three flavours of their Polo brand.

Now we all know that Minty Polo is still around, and I'm pretty sure that Scotty went on to be the chief engineer on a space ship, but does anybody know what happened to Fruity?

The last I knew was that he was going to Tangier for some important surgery but I've not heard a word since. Anyone?