closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Another inane thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
    You bunch of buggers!

2) That is a fluorescent green lock, used to lock a fluorescent orange bicycle (with fluorescent orange saddle and fluorescent orange pedals when inside said cheese shop. Nobody, and I mean nobody is going to steal that!
    Do I take it you've never lived in Cambridge, they will steal anything there?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzer View Post
    Do I take it you've never lived in Cambridge, they will steal anything there?
    Dreaming Spires and yet rampant bike theftage too? It's too much education frying their brains....

Dreaming Spires and yet rampant bike theftage too? It's too much education frying their brains....
    Plus there are no hills, thus getaways are a doddle :-)

You bunch of buggers!

1) Bike is a 1970s Pashley GPO postbike. That basket can take a full grown hippo!
    2) That is a fluorescent green lock, used to lock a fluorescent orange bicycle (with fluorescent orange saddle and fluorescent orange pedals when inside said cheese shop. Nobody, and I mean nobody is going to steal that! (Why I built it like that in the first place). Plus, if they did, it is so heavy that all I would have to do is chase them to the base of the nearest hill.
    3) Bought the house in August. Believe me, that wallpaper is one of the more minor crimes against decoration in this house! Working through 'em slowly.
    4) The reason for holding the baguette under the arm is not for flavour, it is to leave the hand free to grip the 'staff of life'.
    We'll let you off, then. Although I reckon that transporting anything more than a small dog would be a step too far, and you should definitely steer well clear of hippos. Apparently, they kill even more people than sharks.

I still wouldn't recommend Josh though when it comes to decor. I know that he tends to err in the direction of that Florence Llewellyn-Bowen woman, and favours the "distressed woodwork" look, but really, he is to interior design what Miranda Hart is to comedy.

You would be better off with a decorator with a proper name, like Colin. You know where you are with a Colin.

There's no 'i' in colon.

The Waitrose driver said there was heavy rain yesterday. I told him I wasn't here.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 16th April 2016 at 10:09.

Master
    Was this long haired beatnik called Colin by any chance?
    And more importantly were the custard creams intact?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    And more importantly were the custard creams intact?
    Custard creams? He said Waitrose.

He didn't introduce himself. (The Sainsbury's drivers did,usually when they were delivering out of date food). I had Custard Creams earlier in the week. They weren't broken but one of the Milk biscuits was.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 16th April 2016 at 10:23.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    They weren't broken but one of the Milk biscuits was.

I meant to stock up on Custard Creams when I hear about the flood at the factory in Carlisle, but forgot. Is there a way I could find out about likely flooding there in the next year?

I've got a printout that tells me when the space station can be seen from Chester. Chester's a lot like York, near where I do live.

(Sorry about that, I was just thinking about charts and timetables).

My neighbour has replaced the missing wheel trim on their Honda Jazz. I'm not sure if they found a single one or had to buy a new set.

I'm worried about the protocols involved with Printen and dunking.

http://www.abteiladen.de/abteiwaren-...r-printen.html

Can anybody help?

The frightening instructions just keep on coming!

If you've read my posts here you might remember I had a nasty shock last month when I was driving on the motorway, late, and saw a sign saying 'delays expected until September', and I hadn't even brought any sandwiches. Phew!

Then I was watching the telly one night and an Ariel advert told me to 'keep away from children'. (My probation officer says the less I say about that one the better).

Well if that wasn't enough. last night on the telly an organisation called YOPA (I think they may be a new pro-Brexit party) told me that my house could sell for as little as £780! And I'd been hoping it might fetch £300,000 with the new conservatory.

I don't know how I'm going to break the news to Doreen.

She's always liked to joke that if I were to slip on a bar of carbolic soap that she'd accidentally left on the wet shower floor after cleaning, and pop off to meet Him Up There, not to worry about her. She could always sell the house and spend her bereavement cruising round the fjords and meeting chunky Norwegians (I'm assuming she meant men). Well, that's out the window now - it'll be on-line bingo once a week at best and the Jazz will have to be sold.

I only need 6 more stamps for my free coffee in the office restaurant.

Colin used to be responsible for the QI scoring system, however he's been replaced by Murray.

Gary from Sky fixed my Sky TV after Matt from Sky fixed my Sky TV but it broke again.

I met a dog walker tonight who had healed a grey greyhound which was curious as I myself had recently peeled an orange orange.
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    I met a dog walker tonight who had healed a grey greyhound which was curious as I myself had recently peeled an orange orange.
    There is a member here who is called Orangepeel. Am I the only one to see the pattern?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I managed to beat the crowds today, by getting to B&Q at 10am sharp, and then spent £48.67 on screws, rawlplugs and plasterboard fixings, my favorite are the plasterboard bolts for medium to heavy weight use, pure genius.

My financial fears (see earlier post) have been relieved somewhat when I saw on the telly tonight that Iceland will deliver loads of freshly frozen foods to my home 'for free'.

Are they a charity, like Age Concern? How do they know I'm a pensioner? Anyway, thank you Mr Cameron, you're a toff!

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    My financial fears (see earlier post) have been relieved somewhat when I saw on the telly tonight that Iceland will deliver loads of freshly frozen foods to my home 'for free'.

Are they a charity, like Age Concern? How do they know I'm a pensioner? Anyway, thank you Mr Cameron, you're a toff!
    But have you tried Icelandic food? It leans very heavily upon the fishy end of the food world, I'm not so sure you're being done a favour.

But have you tried Icelandic food? It leans very heavily upon the fishy end of the food world, I'm not so sure you're being done a favour.
    Blimey! You reminded me about that Icelandic 'noir' series on BBC4 recently, where there was a human torso stored in a fish processing plant.

I think I'll get Doreen to answer the door when the delivery comes - I'm a bit squeamish about that sort of thing (and some of Doreen's recipes, come to that).

Master
    My cousins brother in laws next door neighbors father in law drove a Range Rover, I don't know if the engine ever failed though. Not sure if he was called Colin either.

No Range Rover has ever been called Colin. Nigel, perhaps?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    No Range Rover has ever been called Colin. Nigel, perhaps?
    Nigel Perhaps should be a character in a Richard Briers sitcom.

I have a cousin we know as Ian Rather. His forgetful mum used to address him as Peter! Charles! Ian rather!

My cousins brother in laws next door neighbors father in law drove a Range Rover, I don't know if the engine ever failed though. Not sure if he was called Colin either.
    I'd be interested to know more about that engine failure.

Nigel Perhaps should be a character in a Richard Briers sitcom. I have a cousin we know as Ian Rather. His forgetful mum used to address him as Peter! Charles! Ian rather!
    That reminds me that I have a book by Richard Brier called Natter, Natter. I must check to see if it mentions a Colin. Or a Nigel.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Ah, now I used to work with a Nigel. We used to call him Niggle due to the fact he was a grumpy old so and so.

"Here comes Niggle!" we used to say. "How grumpy is he going to be today?" And so on. Perhaps he really wanted to be known as Colin yet didn't have the confidence to come out. Poor bugger.

Quite funny looking back at it, though I guess you would have had to have been there to fully appreciate the situation. Which, of course, I was.

Incidentally, I'll be having either toast or cereal for breakfast, I'm currently undecided. I think l'll sleep on it.

Definitely coffee though. Black, no sugar.

As I'm working from home today (well kind of) I pushed the boat out and had both cereal and toast!

Also, I knew a bloke with one leg called Stuart who owned a Range Rover, I don't think the engine ever blew up but he was forever getting it stuck in the mud and then pulling it out again just for fun!

I know a bloke called Stuart. Mind you, he's got two legs and no Range Rovers. Probably not the same bloke.

Master
    I know a chap called Stuart, don't think he had a Range Rover and afaik he has the compleat set of legs, he does like British motorbikes though so it could be the same one.

I don't know a bloke called Stuart.

I don't know Stuart, but I am having lunch with Anne, who still has both of her legs and (together with her partner Jan) owns a couple of interesting cars (sadly no Range Rover afaik). I can check with her if any of this has changed since we met last time; and if she knows a Colin or Stuart.

We will be eating in a very nice Italian restaurant by the name of Italia. I like that, no surprises and all that.

Imagine if a restaurant was called Britannia, would it have any customers?

That reminds me that I have a book by Richard Brier called Natter, Natter. I must check to see if it mentions a Colin. Or a Nigel.
    I checked the Richard Briers book and the nearest we get is a Calvin, as in Coolidge. Call me old-fashioned but I don't think a Calvin can be used to fill a Colin quota.

No Nigels either

I checked the Richard Briers book and the nearest we get is a Calvin, as in Coolidge. Call me old-fashioned but I don't think a Calvin can be used to fill a Colin quota.

No Nigels either
    In the 1970s my late cousin Liz, who worked for Bristol Rovers FC, and her friends, always referred to effete young men as 'Nigel-boys'.

Up here in t'frozen wastes of GOC Nigels are deemed manly and respectable, even to the point that 'N for Nigel' has replaced 'N for November' in the BBC local radio alphabet.

So there!

Anne says none of their cars is called Colin, but their BMW 635 Csi used to be Sean Connery's.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Anne says none of their cars is called Colin, but their BMW 635 Csi used to be Sean Connery's.
    So to him it would have been a 635 shee esh aye

In the 1970s my late cousin Liz, who worked for Bristol Rovers FC, and her friends, always referred to effete young men as 'Nigel-boys'.
    What a shame she didn't work at Bristol City...

Master
    It's raining here so I expect the garden chap will be taking the day off.

I've got a new printer.

Lucky you - I wish had a pair of gardening chaps.

Master
    Lucky you - I wish had a pair of gardening chaps.
    The joy of living in a tree on Hampstead heath....

I got sent a new iPad today as freebie.

But I already have an iPad.

You would think they would have checked...
    So clever my foot fell off.

Someone has abandoned a shopping basket outside the hospital entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    Someone has abandoned a shopping basket outside the hospital entrance.
    Basket or trolley?

Master
    Playing cover to cover with Mrs Captain and the silly moo thinks that the Doors original of light my fire is better than Shirley Bassey's version...

Basket or trolley?
    It was definitely a basket but somebody has now removed it.

I shopped at Tesco today, with a wire basket, simply because I could not find Mrs and our trolley in the vastness of their grocery space. Their fresh chilled Sea Brim is rather nice, and good value compare to Waitrose or my local fishmongers. One of my fishmongers called Colin.