closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Well it isnt every day your humble Seamaster is in the presence of such greatness...

Well it isnt every day your humble Seamaster is in the presence of such greatness...

My mate with an interesting collection gave me a call to go by and have a look:

an original 'LeCoultre' (american market version) Memovox Polaris with italicised 'Automatic'... on my way to his place I stepped in Rocking horse poo numerous times...
    way way out of my league but it was nice to be able to handle... probably never see one again only @ 1700 made from 1965 to 1969
    his words, not mine...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    My mate with an interesting collection gave me a call to go by and have a look:

an original 'LeCoultre' (american market version) Memovox Polaris with italicised 'Automatic'... on my way to his place I stepped in Rocking horse poo numerous times...
    way way out of my league but it was nice to be able to handle... probably never see one again only @ 1700 made from 1965 to 1969
    his words, not mine...
    I personally do not consider the Seamaster to be ' humble ' ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetorric View Post
    I personally do not consider the Seamaster to be ' humble ' ...
    Why not?

Lovely, thanks for sharing. Looks like it is in good original condition as well; lume, case etc. not messed around. On my 'one day' list but like you I think unlikely to ever find the money and the opportunity at the same time.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Is that not very similar (if not the) to the model that a guy found in a thift store and subsequently sold for an eye watering sum?
    Bloody lovely thing.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Is that not very similar (if not the) to the model that a guy found in a thift store and subsequently sold for an eye watering sum?
    Bloody lovely thing.
    That was a similar model this one is just as rare but still solid investment piece.... But seen these go for @20k plus....

Nice to dream and get to handle it a bit at least

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Lovely, thanks for sharing. Looks like it is in good original condition as well; lume, case etc. not messed around. On my 'one day' list but like you I think unlikely to ever find the money and the opportunity at the same time.
    Period correct tropic strap too

These memovox Polaris's look soooo cool. Would love to handle one. Quite envious actually. Cheers

I really like that! Stunning.

Am I correct in understanding that the European JLC had capitalised 'automatic' scrips where the US sold LeC dials sported italic 'automatic' script?

benwoodroffe
    love the way the dial seems to bulge out of the internal bezel. super cool watch.

Master
    I could certainly handle this as my one watch if I ever had the chance.

Craftsman
    That's beautiful!

Nice, but I'm not sure it does anything for me that a Longines Legend Diver doesn't in aesthetic terms.

Still, nice to see something rare and unusual.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    I really like that! Stunning.

Am I correct in understanding that the European JLC had capitalised 'automatic' scrips where the US sold LeC dials sported italic 'automatic' script?
    You are indeed - and of only 1700+ made of these I have never seen another and probably never will in-the-flesh...

Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    I could certainly handle this as my one watch if I ever had the chance.
    I started adding up and didn't make the numbers... perhaps adding a kidney too? - my mate who's just got it says he would let it go for £22K ...

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Nice, but I'm not sure it does anything for me that a Longines Legend Diver doesn't in aesthetic terms.

Still, nice to see something rare and unusual.

M.
    I agree - even the JLC re-issue which is a very very faithful copy goes for @ 8K-9K - so its kind of a victim of its rareness but still a grail watch if not the grail watch if ever there was one... (for me anyway)