closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Oris 'vintage' Diver

New Oris 'vintage' Diver

I'm liking this a lot, domed crystal, rivet bracelet, black-blue and vintage style lume.

Anyone have anymore info?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master
    I'm liking that a lot! Anymore info?

- - - Updated - - -

Master
    Was aiming for a pilot watch for my next one but both of those are really very good looking, slight preference for the nato though i think.

Master
    I like the look of the watch in isolation but Oris feels a little late to the 'nu heritage, aged lume, 60's redux' party and this example feels a little too vanilla to tempt me. Their 65 diver on a bracelet is, however, is a much more desirable affair.

SGR

Interesting, but...

I am curious why they would do a 3 o'clock date when the blue dial of the Brashear edition (the bronze one) has 6 o'clock date. I like the symmetry of the 6 better, and the triangle rather than homeplate 12 o'clock marker.

And black bezel with a blue-dialled watch? Surely that is a bit lazy??

Dave

Those are really nice imo , very nice indeed .

These are indeed very nice.

If you like this but not the date then check out Topper Jewelers own edition with no date

http://www.topperjewelers.com/?p=blo...topper-edition

Master
    I think it looks good. Glad to see Oris continuing to venture beyond that TT case shape.

Master
    It's a nice looking thing but Oris have plenty of experience in Diver watches so would have expected a 200m WR. I believe this only has 100m WR. Couldn't see me buying it for that reason and I'd probably start thinking about then buying a true vintage if I'm not going to get really good WR with the model.
    Omega with the 300mWR on the retro Seamaster have hit the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    It's a nice looking thing but Oris have plenty of experience in Diver watches so would have expected a 200m WR. I believe this only has 100m WR. Couldn't see me buying it for that reason and I'd probably start thinking about then buying a true vintage if I'm not going to get really good WR with the model.
    There was a review of the Oris 65 a few months ago where they did actually take the watch diving. I think their 100m WR is more meaningful than some others'?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Which would give you even less WR, surely. The originals were 100m and they'd have to be in tip-top condition to match that. Also as I recall, many of the originals did not have screw-down crowns which increases the risk of inadvertent operation and exposure of the mechanism to water.
    At over four grand, I should hope so!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Really ?
    Does the WR actually make a difference ?

Master
    A very good first impression that one, if 42mm works for you. But on closer inspection, I think the rivet (or is it faux rivet?) bracelet is taking retro a bit far. I enjoy that on a genuine 60s watch but in twenty sixteen I'll take an honest, solid modern bracelet combined with some classic styling. Near miss for me (partly as it's too big for me personally) but a good effort.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 18th March 2016 at 19:28.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really likey.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I liked it before, now I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    And black bezel with a blue-dialled watch? Surely that is a bit lazy??
    It works IMO, wouldn't call it lazy at all and would suggest it makes the look.

I'd love to see one of these next to a PRS-82, there are certain similarities. Possibly just the thing for the fellow who wishes his PRS-82 had a date window?

Not on the Oris site yet - really like the look of it though!

Master
    The blue dial and steel bracelet version is one of the best new models to be released at the moment in my opinion.

I love my Orisis (Ori? Oriseses?) ;-) I have the Chronoris and Oris Big Crown with day marker. Would love the plain big crown.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    A very good first impression that one, if 42mm works for you. But on closer inspection, I think the rivet (or is it faux rivet?) bracelet is taking retro a bit far. I enjoy that on a genuine 60s watch but in twenty sixteen I'll take an honest, solid modern bracelet combined with some classic styling. Near miss for me (partly as it's too big for me personally) but a good effort.
    It seems Tudor are going down that route so you may see a few more of these faux riveted bracelets about.
    Last edited by Padders; 21st March 2016 at 12:10.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    It seems Tudor are going down that route so you may see a few more of these faux riveted bracelets about.
    I guess it looks ok so it's not a deal breaker exactly - but I'd like to know if they are at least functional rivets. If they are merely decorative then that would detract I would say. And in the end, charming as original riveted bracelets are, the design was abandoned because it simply wasn't that good, and there are plenty of tatty riveted bracelets around with crushed and disintegrating links. Bracelets are one area where vintage is definitely not better, no matter how nice they look!
    Last edited by Itsguy; 21st March 2016 at 10:23.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I guess it looks ok so it's not a deal breaker exactly - but I'd like to know if they are at least functional rivets. If they are merely decorative then that would detract I would say. And in the end, charming as original riveted bracelets are, the design was abandoned because it simply wasn't that good, and there are plenty of tatty riveted bracelets around with crushed and disintegrating links. Bracelets are one area where vintage is definitely not better, no matter how nice they look!
    I would doubt it. Bracelets moved on from rivets years ago, to fixed pins and screws. Like faux lume etc, it's just about the "look".
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Apprentice
    Always liked the Oris Aquis myself.

This looks great, but why 100m and not more? It is a diver after all.