closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What a time saver....

Hybrid View

Does this have any limitations? For example, if you wanted to test a Swiss Military CX, the crystal is 10mm thick - would that be expected to flex at all?

It depends how it's seated, if it's on a rubber gasket the gasket will give slightly, if it's got a nylon seal holding it in place then I'm not sure there'd be any deflection on a 10mm thick crystal. If there isn't that's when the wet tester has to be used

modern times modern solutions! Nice equipment though

Craftsman
    Duncan,

Have you tested any CWC and Precista divers in the new machine? They both use flat mineral crystals 2.00 - 3.00 mm thick (depending on model) that sit in a hard plastic 'L' shaped gasket.
    The crystal would not flex as such but would have to compress the gasket. Does it self-calibrate depending on the crystal type, thickness and method of sealing or am I missing something here?

Terry

I haven't tested any of the CWC divers yet Terry but I've done a few 4,000m Sea Dwellers. I'm not sure how thick the crystal is on one of those but it measured a deflection of 4.7µm at 10bar on the one I did yesterday. All it measures is movement of the probe from the starting set point which is touching the crystal to the end point which is when the chamber's at maximum pressure. It doesn't matter whether it's the caseback, the gasket or the crystal that's deflecting or compressing the fact is the reading won't stay steady if there's a leak and that's what it's looking for.

It looks like my Tudor had the privilege of taking your tester on it's maiden voyage, and they both passed with flying colours

Banned
    Blog Entries
    very nice indeed, but does it have Netflix?