closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I might, I might...

Master

I might, I might...

I do fancy the new Rolex Datejust 41 in steel and everose with chocolate face. However I only bought my Datejust 36 in steel two months ago. My AD would do a trade in given the age. OMG I'm getting upgradeitis already I can't believe this - I'm not really into watches. I blame this forum. Anyway what do you think? Available in May so some time to ponder. New movement too. Oh dear.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think its a bad idea.
    The 36mm in steel is a classic, and your blue dial (iirc) is a lovely variant.
    The DD41 - theyve just bloated it, which in my opinion isnt a good thing and two tone value tends to plummet compared to steel so youd be likely to take a bigger hit on it down the line.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I think its a bad idea.
    The 36mm in steel is a classic, and your blue dial (iirc) is a lovely variant.
    The DD41 - theyve just bloated it, which in my opinion isnt a good thing and two tone value tends to plummet compared to steel so youd be likely to take a bigger hit on it down the line.
    Appreciate the comments. Buy in haste, repent at leisure.

i have a vintage 36 mm Date just 16013. I have also tried the new one but decided to keep the old chap. Much more in balance in my opnion. Good that tastes are different.

Craftsman
    As already mentioned above, I think you might take a bigger hit in depreciation with the two-tone. Not a problem if it's going to be a keeper, but if your current track record is indicative of anything.......

Master
    As already said. Thing is if you're going to hanker after the new one then you might as well negotiate now but unless cash isn't an issue you need to be more than two months confident you're keeping it longer term.