closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Daytona

Master

New Daytona

The new daytona is on the way, so the old one has been discontinued. Never mind the jumping the queue market for the Ceramic version.
    There seems there might be a market for the old 'collectable' model
    http://www.watches.co.uk/watch/17617...116520/?rpp=16

Craftsman
    Yes, I saw that last night while browsing their site and thought WTF?!

now is a good time to get a lightly used 116520 before they all get stocked away by the hoarders ,

ive asked a couple of my ADs about a bnib ss Daytona they don't know if they are getting anymore

typical way rolex goes everyone wants what they cant buy anymore

Al

Apparently it's too small for most people so I cant see it being that scarce.

Master
    yep it's an April 2016 so clearly they managed to source it from one of the ADs. Also note EU retail price is close to £9k so the UK even with premium is not as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't people do something similar when the SD was replaced by the Deep Sea. The prices went crazy for a while, especially for one of the final V series with stickers still on. Rolex then released the SD Ceramic and people forgot about paying silly money for the old model.

I would be cautious about buying into such things if the motive is cash. If you love this Daytona model and want it for all the right reasons then that is a completely different matter.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Didn't people do something similar when the SD was replaced by the Deep Sea. The prices went crazy for a while, especially for one of the final V series with stickers still on. Rolex then released the SD Ceramic and people forgot about paying silly money for the old model.

I would be cautious about buying into such things if the motive is cash. If you love this model Daytona and want it for all the right reasons then that is a completely different matter.
    Except the V serial is still priced higher than the others. But the other serials, yes prices have dropped somewhat. I reckon with the daytona, the "latest" ones with blue lume, updated clasp, fatter hands, will be worth more than the earlier ones. You can still find earlier examples for 6700 ish. THe newer ones are more expensive.

Master
    I bought mine from an AD late 2013, so as its older I'd be prepared to take a drop . . . . . £10,195 anyone

Master
    World of difference between asking a big price and selling at that level