closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mercedes SLK Experience

Hybrid View

Definitely go with the 320 auto. Bomb proof and effortless to drive.

The interiors in the older cars are one of my favourite car interiors of all time, German sophistication at it's finest.

I personally don't like the 4 cylinder ones as they don't suit the auto box as well in a sports car. The manuals are actually ok, but not as good to drive as a manual Z4.

Master
    Mrs has had one since new (54) and its been fine. Possibly a little underwhelming on the driving/power front in the 200 but gets the job done and still looks good despite being 11 years old.

The lower spec satnav is crap and the airscarf is nice. Her heated seat gave up the ghost recently, but in its defence it's been on every day for the past 11 years. Pretty good overall. Manual Mercedes, is she a taxi driver at weekends?

You want a Facelift 58 Reg onwards more power with better emissions budget permitting!

Kompressor is ok but can be a bit lack lustre, 300 or 350 more fun in facelift form with auto box. Roofs can creak with age, heater fans can be noisy. Auto box fluid must have been changed if over 50K, seven speed autos can be problematic if not maintained. Good luck.

Master
    I had a 55 plate C200 Kompressor (I think) for a while. Loved the quirky looks, a bit short of grunt, problems with leaks into the boot, dunno if that was roof related or not, never sorted 100%.