closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Interlaken railway station clock

Banned

Interlaken railway station clock

from this

to this,Swiss design seems much cleaner and simpler nowadays.

Interlaken has a lot of very clean shops run by and for Korean tourists [its very strange], they all stock typical Swiss products, there are a lot of watch shops.
    even the youth hostel provides chop sticks and some Korean food,no idea how they found this small landlocked town.

I feel I should apologise for going so slow [mostly I avoid motorways].

Well I'm wearing this today so thanks for the reminder of the original :)

Master
    Nice Mondaine, some of those ones in the rear of the cabinet look a bit pricey

I forget what the model is, but they made a watch that behaved just like the clocks, ie. the seconds hand completes one revolution in 58 seconds, then at 12 it momentarily waits for the minute hand to impulse, then the seconds hand carries on again.

Just looked up model, it is called Stop2Go
    Last edited by rdwiow; 13th March 2016 at 00:18.

This always reminds me of many happy hours spent travelling on the Swiss railways.

By the way, the dual time hands are not incorrectly set, they are showing Venezuela time which has a half-hour offset.

If you like Swiss railway clocks (and who doesn't) there's a lovely iOS app called Clockmaker which lets you design your own station clocks, with or without stop-to-go seconds. Makes a nice desk clock / nightstand display.

There's a shop there where you can get personalised Victorionox knives printed. Might be a common thing in Switzerland I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by rdwiow View Post
    I forget what the model is, but they made a watch that behaved just like the clocks...Just looked up model, it is called Stop2Go
    As an epilogue, I had a look at a Stop2Go in an AD earlier this week. I was actually very disappointed. The second hand paused as it should just before the minute hand moved on a whole minute. However, the minute hand wasn't lined up with the indices (just like the second hand on a cheap quartz watch). Which kind of ruined the effect for me.

Maybe I just saw a bad example.