closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just won the National Lottery

Just won the National Lottery

According to these 'jokers'!

Strange, as I haven't bought a ticket in years. Lol.

TZUK GTG your place then. PM me your addy.

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    TZUK GTG your place then. PM me your addy.

Just got to contact the 'claim officer', get my cash, then come on around

The only time that I have heard the term 'fiduciary bank' used was in Mary Poppins

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Strange, as I haven't bought a ticket in years. Lol.
    Did you buy a ticket in the early 2000s? It could be you then, looking at the 15 year old clip art and word art in the letter!

But if it's a UK "National" lottery, how come the prize is in American dollars and it's administered out of South Africa?

Anyway, congratulations on your amazing good fortune - especially given your oversight in not actually purchasing a ticket - and I wonder how much the 1st Category winner got!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    But if it's a UK "National" lottery, how come the prize is in American dollars and it's administered out of South Africa?

Anyway, congratulations on your amazing good fortune - especially given your oversight in not actually purchasing a ticket - and I wonder how much the 1st Category winner got!
    Beat me to the punch line ... they really are relying on the theory that a fool and his money are easily parted this time.

Oh my god.consider the amount of watches you would get through if it were real

I won £7.40 last Wednesday.Cost me £6.00 in tickets.

Craftsman
    What's scary / funny is that these dimwitted fraudsters wouldn't send these out if there wasn't a chance someone would respond.

Master
    I've always thought that the chances of winning the lottery weren't much different whether you were 'in it' or not. Your good fortune proves my point.

Master
    I rather like the UK lottery paying out in USD. I remember about a decade back I used to get these kinds of letters for an EU lottery posted through my letterbox. Gotta love the commitment.

Craftsman
    Looks legit to me.

I think you should set up a gmail account, start some correspondence and update this thread with the conversation.

Master
    It's disappointing but a lot of the 'money for nothing' people actually believe this sort of thing... As far back as 1997 this was a hugely profitable scam... here's a quote

"We have confirmed losses just in the United States of over $100 million in the last 15 months," said Special Agent James Caldwell, of the Secret Service financial crimes division. "And that's just the ones we know of. We figure a lot of people don't report them."

A relative who worked for the Police service has a buddy who was stationed in Heathrow in the early 2000's and he told him that at least three Americans a week, sometimes more, would appear at the information desk asking for Prince whatever of Nigeria to be called over the Tannoy system.... It wasn't just Americans, though... UK citizens also fell for the 'I will meet you at Heathrow and hand over the documents' story. Sad, but true.

Rob

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I think you should set up a gmail account, start some correspondence and update this thread with the conversation.
    You can get some good tips from www.419eater.com

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post

Anyone is free to try this

Master
    Hard to believe sometimes but these scams are simply a numbers have in that someone will respond. I know a well educated successful businessman who was scammed out of £250k by a similar investment opportunity by email. It's not just gullible idiots who get caught so it's a shame there isn't a worldwide cyber police to hunt the perpetrators down.

Journeyman
    The interesting thing about these scams is that they're deliberately unbelievable. The scammers are perfectly capable of coming up with a more plausible story, but that's actually less efficient as a con. An email that appeared more legitimate would get too many responses to deal with, and the vast majority of them would drop out before parting with any cash.

However, if you make your story obviously fraudulent then only the most dim-witted, greedy and gullible will get involved, increasing the scammers chance of success. Got to admire it really :)

Journeyman
    It's even more unbelievable now we've learned this week about the pitiful amount you might actually win if you are "lucky" enough to get 5 numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by GWFH View Post
    It's even more unbelievable now we've learned this week about the pitiful amount you might actually win if you are "lucky" enough to get 5 numbers!
    £25 my mate said last night??????
    That's disgusting

A fiduciary prudently takes care of money or other asset for another person.
    So give them your bank details and they will look after your money as well.