closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay bid increase

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Well apart from anyone else using the app, which is probably about 100000000 people ?
    Yes of course another sniper may have bid higher anyway but the point is no-one else will see my bid before it's too late to react. If you try to bid manually at the end you risk being too early so that your bid is visible in time for others react and bid higher than they would have otherwise done in order to beat you.

You wouldn't show your cards early if you were playing poker would you?

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Yes of course another sniper may have bid higher anyway but the point is no-one else will see my bid before it's too late to react. If you try to bid manually at the end you risk being too early so that your bid is visible in time for others react and bid higher than they would have otherwise done in order to beat you.

You wouldn't show your cards early if you were playing poker would you?
    I don't play poker so the analogy is wasted on me but I was commenting on the bit about no one else having time to react, no one else having time to react apart from anyone else who has the app which kind of makes it pointless surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I don't play poker so the analogy is wasted on me but I was commenting on the bit about no one else having time to react, no one else having time to react apart from anyone else who has the app which kind of makes it pointless surely?
    The other people using the app wont know what I've bid either until it's too late so they wont be able to react if their snipe bid is lower than mine. The psychology of auctions is that people get caught up in the bidding process and have to make quick decisions on whether to increase their maximum bid above what they were originally comfortable with or miss out on the item. If you don't reveal your bid you don't give other bidders that chance to change their bid after yours (whether they are using a sniping app or not).

Using a sniper app isn't pointless because it puts you at an advantage over anyone who doesn't use a sniper (and there are plenty who don't) and you are also therefore not at a disadvantage to other snipers.

Bidding earlier (manually) than you need to on an ebay auction is completely pointless - all you are doing is pushing the price up and unless you've bid quite a way over the odds you are going to get outbid on most occasions.
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 24th March 2016 at 02:39.