timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Eight things you need to know about the 2016 Rolex Air King

Hybrid View

Personally
    I love it
    I can't wait to see one for real

Master
    I like the extra colour and I like the minute markers. I don't like how it looks like an excercise to use up the old Explorer dials with the WG hour markers though. Maybe when the supply of old hour markers has been used up they'll revert to all minute markers and this one will be a future collectors item.

Here's a picture from the Hodinkee comments section with a photoshopped dial, much nicer imo -

Master
    I don't like it, it looks hideous. I wonder if it would get this much attention if it didn't have Rolex on the dial. Really can't understand why it's got AirKing on the dial either. It just doesn't work for me. I'll pass

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    I like the extra colour and I like the minute markers. I don't like how it looks like an excercise to use up the old Explorer dials with the WG hour markers though. Maybe when the supply of old hour markers has been used up they'll revert to all minute markers and this one will be a future collectors item.

Here's a picture from the Hodinkee comments section with a photoshopped dial, much nicer imo -

And that, right there, is the watch they SHOULD have made. The simple exclusion of those old-explorer-hand-me-down numerals makes the world of difference and makes the watch more like the instrument its modelled on (for those who genuinely care...).

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    And that, right there, is the watch they SHOULD have made. The simple exclusion of those old-explorer-hand-me-down numerals makes the world of difference and makes the watch more like the instrument its modelled on (for those who genuinely care...).
    Now we just need baton hands ...

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Now we just need baton hands ...
    Yes. Though not a disaster, ideally the "Mercedes" setup would be replaced by baton hands. Good call.