closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Audemar Piguet Royal Oak Offshore

Audemar Piguet Royal Oak Offshore

I never see many topics on the AP's on here.

What are people thoughts on one?

Im after a preowned Black Themes version but then again I could just go "Gold Rolex" on the whole situation.

Meh

Si

Not well I guess...ugly and overpriced...footballer's watch...always IMHO

The design is pretty polarising with its octagonal fixed bezel, and then bolts/nuts/screws that hold the whole thing together, after that most folk can't get past the footballer/rapper image of "iced out" offshores so the sane versions (incl regular Royal Oaks)are guilty by association.

I'm a fan of the RO design, (have a ROO Diver & RO panda chrono) I like the sharp edges and contrasting finishes and the way the light plays with the case and the tapisserie dials.

Bad points are, the bezel and sharp edges are scratch magnets... And if you have an odd sized wrist the only adjustment is a 1.5link for the bracelet

Personally I prefer the sub dial layout on the non offshore chronos, and being nice and svelte they look a little classier on the wrist.

Last edited by endo; 25th March 2016 at 17:54.

Look great ,can't afford them,one day

Love the look of the panda

Very unusual design, i like trad designs more.

Consider the 5711 Patek instead? (in your price range)

I'd never stray further than a RO. Unless i'm a rapper/footballer.

Craftsman
    The Black Themes remains my favorite ROO, and I'm sorry that it was dropped in favor of a slightly more flamboyant variant with the the switch to the new 42mm cases. Yes, the design is polarizing, but hey, if you "get it," you get it, right?

If you can find one in good nick for the right price, I say go for it. And down the road, if you can score a bracelet for it, all the better.

Regards,
    Adam

Enjoyed a ROO Diver for a few years and loved it,

Recently parted with it and the ownership did not set me back financially either so a great experience all in all.

Blog Entries
    How about ditching the 'Offshore' and sticking to the RO, the 'Jumbo' in this case:

Craftsman
    Very distinctive looking, but then so is a gold Rolex!
    I'd lean towards the Rolex at that kind of money, feels like better value.

Does anyone own a royal oak offshore?

How are they to live with?

Quote Originally Posted by 5IMON11 View Post

Faithful, undemanding, obedient and overall very pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by 5IMON11 View Post

I had one. I put it on and used it to tell the time. It worked.

I am neither a rapper / footballer, bizarrely.

Master
    Ok so I have had a couple and still own one.
    Funny how they are seen here, as you see more footballers wearing a Rolex sub and the design is basically the same as the Royal Oak......
    Anyway, 42mm version is the biggest I would go for me. The bracelet is great (finish, fit for me), but whether it is that or the strap it needs to fit well given the watch head weight. The deployment is never comfortable so with a strap always go with a tang buckle.
    The bezel us a bit of a scratch magnet, but can be refinished if there is nothing too bad. Servicing is not cheap though.
    Obviously not slim so fitting under a shirt cuff is not the easiest and they are not the lightest watch around. So for a daily wearer may not be the best (though it was mine for a couple of years).
    However if you have a few other watches then I think they are a really great addition with the ROO RGRC still being the ultimate sports watch for me.

I think these look amazing but are they not 55mm lug to lug? You'd surely need at least a 7.5" wrist or an 8" to pull it off?

Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    Ok so I have had a couple and still own one.
    Funny how they are seen here, as you see more footballers wearing a Rolex sub and the design is basically the same as the Royal Oak......
    Anyway, 42mm version is the biggest I would go for me. The bracelet is great (finish, fit for me), but whether it is that or the strap it needs to fit well given the watch head weight. The deployment is never comfortable so with a strap always go with a tang buckle.
    The bezel us a bit of a scratch magnet, but can be refinished if there is nothing too bad. Servicing is not cheap though.
    Obviously not slim so fitting under a shirt cuff is not the easiest and they are not the lightest watch around. So for a daily wearer may not be the best (though it was mine for a couple of years).
    However if you have a few other watches then I think they are a really great addition with the ROO RGRC still being the ultimate sports watch for me.
    When someone says a Rapper's watch or footballer's watch for ANY watch, you know that person cannot be taken seriously. Usually, it is ignorant, ill informed trolling.