closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thanks a lot, you b******s

Master

Thanks a lot, you b******s

So yeah, I've had my shiny Seiko a couple of days now. Feels great to wear a decent watch. It genuinely makes me feel a bit different in how I carry myself!

Anyway, on to you lot. Thanks a lot. I've been bit. I'm already looking for another watch. I like the Victorinox Classic Chronograph, it's not a bad price so maybe I'll be doubling my collection soon enough.

I wanted to thank you on behalf of my wife, who's already fed up of my looking endlessly at watches and cannot believe I've even joined a watch forum!

Anyone got a N'nox going cheap?

Craftsman
    It's all downhill from here...A Seiko is a great starting point but soon enough you'll be looking at Omega's and Rolex's and convincing yourself you absolutely need one...Best of luck!

Master
    I've been a long time Speedmaster admirer but the price range is quite comfortably unreachable for me. Luckily!

- - - Updated - - -

I've been a long time Speedmaster admirer but the price range is quite comfortably unreachable for me. Luckily!

Craftsman
    RIP your bank account.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you'll find a way...believe me you'll find a way

Journeyman
    This ->
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorex View Post
    RIP your bank account.

Master
    It'll be RIP SteveR if I do find a way

Do you want a watch, or want to get into watches? Is it really worth exploring and developing your tastes? :)
    It's too easy to buy a new anything, get a buzz, and want more buzz; It's hard to develop long term appreciation when you see things as what they aren't.

Master
    I've always liked watches and the idea of having a few. The dream would be something high end, but realistically, it's not going to happen unless I get lucky on the lottery.

Since joining this forum my taste has already changed, there are brands I'd never heard of but now are firmly cemented into my thinking.

I'll never get to where a lot of you guys are but I'd love to have a semi reasons collection. I imagine one day I may be able to get an Omega and that'll be my pinnacle.

I've just downloaded the Watchville app which is superb, lots of stuff to read which only makes me more interested!

Good Man, you've taken the first step. From now on, if you're not very careful, bankruptcy will loom. But you'll have a shed load of fun along the way!

If you put the money of a few affordable watches, then you'd soon have an "out of reach" watch. The Seiko is great, but I wouldn't P on a victorianox - I've had two for weekend activity wear, and both misted up - they aren't built like their old knives imo.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I wouldn't P on a victorianox - I've had two for weekend activity wear, and both misted up - they aren't built like their old knives imo.
    That's a shame to hear that, I've always fancied one of their Dive Masters!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    If you put the money of a few affordable watches, then you'd soon have an "out of reach" watch. The Seiko is great, but I wouldn't P on a victorianox - I've had two for weekend activity wear, and both misted up - they aren't built like their old knives imo.
    Reading a few reviews had me set up for this. I get a feeling they live off their brand name a bit to give the impression of their quality. I do feel the price hints at something a little less though. The way the Seiko wears means that would be my daily watch anyway so I may keep my eyes open for a deal.

After that I think I'll keep it calm and see how the funds build towards the big one. Once I get some funds together I will narrow down what to go for. The options are wide and varied at the moment now I'm here. If you'd asked me a couple of months ago I'd have gone straight for a Speedmaster, but now, well it's all up in the air. Maybe eyes have been well and truly opened!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    It'll be RIP SteveR if I do find a way
    RIP = Rolex in Perpetuity?

Master
    It is a slippery slope. If you think doubling your collection is a big step, just wait until you start consolidating a few pieces to get something more expensive, then adding to that one and building another collection, and selling to buy another Grail..........repeat ad nauseam

It does become a bit of an obsession lol...ask my missus😃

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerf View Post
    Do you want a watch, or want to get into watches? Is it really worth exploring and developing your tastes? :)
    It's too easy to buy a new anything, get a buzz, and want more buzz; It's hard to develop long term appreciation when you see things as what they aren't.
    This is a really interesting post but I'm not sure quite what it means.

I think you're saying buying new watches isn't the same as appreciating watches? The buzz from buying new stuff isn't the same as really enjoying something long term? Am I close?

If so, I get what you mean, but ultimately it doesn't really matter if someone's 'buzz' from watches is different to yours. It's still an interest, an obsession, just with different motivations and satisfactions?