closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Don't forget, the clocks just went forward

Master

Don't forget, the clocks just went forward

Easy with the one on the left 😊

T'wirly, aren't you?!

I hate losing sleep.As much as the watches I need to change tomorrow.

Grand Master
    Just need to change the one on my wrist, the rest are stopped or radio controlled!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    T'wirly, aren't you?!
    They officially change at 1am now
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

For the first time ever we didn't change our clocks this year so the UK just moved an hour further away

Can't sleep over the thought of losing an hour of sleep. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    For the first time ever we didn't change our clocks this year so the UK just moved an hour further away
    Strictly speaking, you didn't change your clocks back last November, so are now on permanent DST/AST. We've just moved from 5 to 6 hours difference from the UK here.

Master
    And we didn't change here in Azerbaijan purely down to the Grand Prix timings in the summer so now only +3 hours from the UK.

i still don't understand the purpose of chanching hours! Economical? energy saving? if have my doubts..... and it Always takes me a couple of days to get acclimated-)!

Journeyman
    Since my Grand Seiko SBGX063 quartz hacks and the hour hand isn't independent, I had to set it to atomic time again. It was +2 seconds after nearly 3 months of use :P So, no changing needed until the fall...

Master
    Having two children under two means this has done nothing to me. I have no idea what time I got up anyway

I know this is Watch Talk, but all I can say is thank goodness for iPhones! We had no idea the clocks were changing, but always use our phones for alarms!

Simon

That day when you need to reset the time on all your watches and clocks!
    Bit of an incovenience, really...

Master
    I had completely forgotten. Got woken at 08:15 (as shown on my iPhone) by my son thinking that he had done really well to sleep later than usual. Only when I read this thread did I then realise that he had slept no longer than usual and I need to get up and get busy adjusting some clocks (obviously not the Apple devices and radio controlled G-Shocks)!

Master
    This is the time you'll appreciate the jumping hour hand features like my GMT SMP 2234. Now my home land will be just 7 hours a head. My Samsung did the changed last night from 1am it went to 2am instead while I was still browsing.
    Last edited by mjoranga; 28th March 2016 at 12:06.

The quickset hour hand on my AT Quartz has just proved its worth. Such a doddle.

Excellent, my car clock will be correct again!

Blimey—I'm not doing well this year. Two weeks ago I set my clocks forward erroneously, because I mixed up the US and British DST dates in my calendar. Today I missed it altogether, until I read this. Why can't we just abolish the darn thing?

An easy one for me too this time:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Excellent, my car clock will be correct again!
    My microwave as well

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I know this is Watch Talk, but all I can say is thank goodness for iPhones! We had no idea the clocks were changing, but always use our phones for alarms!

Simon
    You say that but when the US changed clocks 2 weeks ago my tablet and iPhone changed time when they should not have - that confused me until I checked my watch

You say that but when the US changed clocks 2 weeks ago my tablet and iPhone changed time when they should not have - that confused me until I checked my watch
    Then apparently your time zone is set wrong...

All analogue for me apart from a Calibre S, Chronotimer and Aerospace but thanks to Breitling for making the latter easy

https://www.breitling.com/user-manua.../aerospace_evo

Journeyman
    An hour late to work this morning, set all my watches but forgot the alarm clock! School boy error!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noveltyisland View Post
    An hour late to work this morning, set all my watches but forgot the alarm clock! School boy error!!
    Will your colleagues be letting forget about this in a hurry?

Journeyman
    Probably not, or my boss!!!

Master
    OK going OT here....my internet radio gets the time automatically from some unknown source. On Sunday, the hour had changed, but the minutes are now 2 minutes slow!! (Yes, I've checked with time signals and other radio controlled clock). The manual time setting option doesn't seem to exist, and the fact that its showing the wrong time is really irritating me!

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Then apparently your time zone is set wrong...
    Yes and no .

We are usually on Eastern time same as NYC and Miami but as Mr Curta said we decided not to do daylight saving this year.
    This has confused many things including my devices that use location to determine time zone.
    The last time I landed from NYC the pilot announced the wrong time by 2 hrs.

I would be quite interested to see what a watch with a GPS function thought the time was - can you over ride it manually on something like that.

Master
    Been in bed with flu like virus for last 4 days (aching, sick feeling, full of cold) and just seen this thread then asked the missus if the clocks have gone back!

Man, I must have been out of it!

Wore my g shock today at work and just noticed I haven't wound it back, must mean I haven't looked at the time on it all day! Hmmm,......:)

Yes and no .

We are usually on Eastern time same as NYC and Miami but as Mr Curta said we decided not to do daylight saving this year.
    This has confused many things including my devices that use location to determine time zone.
    The last time I landed from NYC the pilot announced the wrong time by 2 hrs.

I would be quite interested to see what a watch with a GPS function thought the time was - can you over ride it manually on something like that.
    That's hilarious! I recall a discussion about a mechanical watch that implemented daylight saving time. Not impossible, just awfully difficult to update every time a country changes its mind about DST like this.

I don't think a GPS watch would help, because GPS only provides GPS time, which takes no account of DST, for obvious reasons. A radio-controlled watch, on the other hand, will adjust itself correctly (the radio time code includes a DST flag) provided the transmitter knows about the change.

Some countries change to DST, then when Ramadan starts, move back to normal time to make fasting easier. Then, when Ramadan over, back to DST. Generally unpopular!