closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So.... I need a new car.... Here we go again.... (No mx5)

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    The R model is a bit of a theft magnet as well. The reported thefts have died down a bit now and supposedly buying a 3 door is a good deterant as the 5dr seems to be regarded as the ideal getaway car.

The 6 pot BMW diesels are amongst the best and quickest diesels you can get IMHO. An approved used 330d could be worth a look. Economic, fairly luxurious, very quick but not what I would call sporty in its characteristics.
    Agreed, I've had more 3.0d BMWs than I can remember. Mpg is fantastic, power delivery is smooth and they are quick motors. 3.5d is even better!

Works really well in the X3 coupled to the 8 speed auto box....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM View Post
    I leased a Seat Leon 184 FR (same engine as Golf GTD) with some options, fully maintained for 2 years at £240 ish a month (10k p/a mileage). Wanted something cheap to run for the wife and it's been excellent so far (done 7k miles). Your mileage will rack the costs up on a lease but there are good deals to be had if you're not set on a specific make/model/colour etc etc. I think anything remotely sporty will have a harsh ride unfortunately these days with the low profile tyres/big wheels/pot holes everywhere!
    What he said.. I have the same car in the estate version and am very happy with it. Should be able to get the 184 FR in your monthly budget. A lot of included extras, dab, satnav etc for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post

The x3 comment is interesting, though I always think ... Why didn't he buy the x5?
    I think its to do with us Brits prefer smaller cars to big cars maybe something to do with parking them ,fuel economy ,tax on larger cars. if you go to a country like the USA you dont see hatchbacks, small saloons and crossovers like the Qashqai (one of the best selling cars here ,dont think you can buy it in the USA) most cars are large or huge

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I think its to do with us Brits prefer smaller cars to big cars maybe something to do with parking them ,fuel economy ,tax on larger cars. if you go to a country like the USA you dont see hatchbacks, small saloons and crossovers like the Qashqai (one of the best selling cars here ,dont think you can buy it in the USA) most cars are large or huge
    Not entirely true. Though we do tend to drive a number of larger cars here in the states, smaller cars are among the most popular.

The top 10 Best-Selling Cars In America - January 2016:
    Toyota Camry
    Honda Civic
    Toyota Corolla
    Nissan Altima
    Honda Accord
    Ford Fusion
    Nissan Sentra
    Hyundai Sonata
    Chevrolet Malibu
    Chevrolet Cruze

Roughly half of those are "small" cars. Now that list doesn't include trucks or SUV's, and those outsell cars here by a decent margin, so the large vehicles thing is probably truer than not. There are alot of trucks.

Craftsman
    The Nissan Qashqai is not available here, but the Nissan Rogue is. Its a model based on the Qashqai, but with a slightly larger body.