closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Guy Martin

Hybrid View

He has Aspergers I believe which must be a real role model to others, seems like a nice bloke.

Met him at Goodwood years back and is indeed a top unassuming bloke...

Cannot believe channel 4 while credit due to doing it at all decided to cut for a commercial break when he was going to try for 80....

Brilliant programme apart from Steve Jones who is clueless about all motors... Very poor on F1 and even more out of his depth here...

Reminded me to watch the Guy Martin F1 Special with David Coulthard. Both came across very well.

Master
    The Spitfire show he did last year was good too. His enthusiasm is infectious. It's almost childlike.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    The Spitfire show he did last year was good too. His enthusiasm is infectious. It's almost childlike.
    Talking of wall of death and Spitfires:

"While a student at Edinburgh University, Brown became a stuntman rider to help make ends meet, The Scotsman reported. One memorable feat was his riding in a “wall of death” – with a lion in his motorbike sidecar for company."

...BBCLink.

I enjoyed it. But I'm glad he didn't get another chance after he got to 78. Was starting to think 'yup, you've done it now, I don't really want to see this go wrong...'

Then when he said he greyed out at the end I thought wow that coulda ended badly.

Master
    They calculated he was pulling almost 7g at 78mph. I was shouting at the telly when they stopped him from doing another run due to time constraints and then cut straight to a four minute ad break, but maybe it was the correct decision with hindsight...
    Last edited by Dynam0humm; 29th March 2016 at 03:22.