closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Do you wear watches 24/7?

Hybrid View

I'm always wearing one - different pieces at different times, of course. G-shocks for gym/field work, nicer Seiko/Omegas for work. Feel naked without one...so much so, I often end up wearing them in bed!

24/7 have a watch on
    although I swap to an evening watch to sleep, which is less likely to self destruct when I flail my arms around in my sleep.

Master
    Only when showering or bathing, and if I'm going to be doing something that will 'ding' or scratch a decent watch, on goes my beater.

Blog Entries
    Always take mine off before getting into bed and like today have not bothered to put a watch back on and if I need to see the time in the dark I use my phone.

Blog Entries
    Don't sleep with one on but there is no problem with the clasp on the president bracelet .

Grand Master
    Yep.

My vintage 18ct Pie-Pan Cinstellation gets worn 24/7, whilst stripping car engines down etc.......well you would, wouldn't you....they're 'made to be worn'!

Salesperson was trying to guild the lily a little by playing down any negative aspect. Does anyone wear something like a day/date 24/7? If they never get their hands dirty perhaps they would, but I reckon they're in a minority.

I wear a watch virtually 24/7, but much of that time the watch will be a £15 Casio. Horses for course, keep the nice stuff looking nice and wear the cheapos for the dirty jobs. Maybe in some folks's eyes a Day Date is a cheapo....lets not go there again!

Paul

Master
    Definitely 24/7 for me! My watch stays on whatever I'm doing (except when I'm swapping one for another!).

Master
    Always take mine off to go to sleep. The idea of sleeping in a watch just seems wrong tbh!

If I'm wearing a diver I'll wear it in the shower every now and then to clean it, but no, generally take the watch off.

Journeyman
    I take it off at night

Apprentice
    24/7 apart from bath time

I take whatever I am wearing off to shower, but that's about it.

I started wearing one to bed only because I couldn't be bothered faffing around in the morning (before shower) to put one on, but I still liked to know the time.