closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Rubber Strap Options

Master

Omega Rubber Strap Options

Afternoon all,

I was looking to get a rubber strap for my 2254, does anyone have any recommendations?

I assume a genuine Omega one is expensive, I don't want to spend too much as I would like to try out the look first.

There seems to be lots of options on eBay but I've no idea what is good and what isn't as I've only ever worn my watches on bracelets or leather!

Any pointers appreciated.

Al.

Craftsman
    Only pointer i'd give is to avoid fleabay. (IMHO)
    Hirsch and Di-Modell would be good strap companies to look at, I think both are stocked at WatchObssion.co.uk.

Master
    You want the 'Olympic' Seamaster rubber strap and matching Omega buckle. Part numbers 98000085 (strap) and 94512012 (buckle). Any boutique should be able to order them, they're around £150 for the strap and £30 for the buckle. Not cheap, but by far the best. Beware of fakes on eBay.

timepiece republic on eBay have a few options and are very cheap....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20mm-22mm-Ru...item61f8c5b89e

Not tried the Omega option but the best I found was the Hirsch Pure, not too thick, good quality, nice and supple especially near the lugs which is where most fail for me, also have a Hirsch Robby and find it is not as flexible at the lugs, causing the smp to wobble on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    You want the 'Olympic' Seamaster rubber strap and matching Omega buckle. Part numbers 98000085 (strap) and 94512012 (buckle). Any boutique should be able to order them, they're around £150 for the strap and £30 for the buckle. Not cheap, but by far the best. Beware of fakes on eBay.

That looks the business I have to say. I dont have an Omega boutique here in NI (not that I know of! just a few normal dealers). Cant find this strap under £200 online - which is why I ended up with an Isofrane. I put the bracelet back on yesterday... and took it back off tonight. I need to gain or lose weight as my SMP just wont fit me as soon as I heat up!

Here it is on the Isofrane. Super comfy - although I know many dont like the thickness (and lack of curved ends).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    That looks the business I have to say. I dont have an Omega boutique here in NI (not that I know of! just a few normal dealers). Cant find this strap under £200 online - which is why I ended up with an Isofrane. I put the bracelet back on yesterday... and took it back off tonight. I need to gain or lose weight as my SMP just wont fit me as soon as I heat up!

Here it is on the Isofrane. Super comfy - although I know many dont like the thickness (and lack of curved ends).

Maybe You can buy a spare links Mate... half or full links maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    Maybe You can buy a spare links Mate... half or full links maybe...
    I have both 1/2 and full spares ok. Must play about with them again and try to get a better fit. Have to say though... after using the isofrane for the last few months, the watch seemed to weigh a ton on the bracelet!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    I have both 1/2 and full spares ok. Must play about with them again and try to get a better fit.
    Don't forget half links aren't exactly half sized. You may need to use two 'half' links to get the perfect fit, and the Bond bracelet should have come with two from new.

Master
    Oh well, Why can't Omega make one for this model with the adjustable clasp... SM300MC got it now and Good Planet PO also has it and I think the New Speedy too... It's about time they make one for this Model...

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    Don't forget half links aren't exactly half sized. You may need to use two 'half' links to get the perfect fit, and the Bond bracelet should have come with two from new.
    The Bond bracelet half links are half the size of a full link. :( The speedy-style bracelet that comes on some of the SMPs has half-links that aren't half the size of a full link, so it depends the style of bracelet that came with the watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    The Bond bracelet half links are half the size of a full link. :(
    I'm sure I measured the links on my old Bond SMP and they weren't - haven't got it any more to measure again though!

I should have said "...to my eyes". I didn't measure them :)

Two of them together looked to be the same size as a full link whereas the speedy-style bracelet half links were clearly not exactly half a full link.

Found this thread form a while back discussing 1/2 and full link sizes. Seems we are not alone!

Master
    Just another combo, Intended for PO 42mm but also fit SMP 300 with a little bending of the spring bars.