closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best way to ship a 2000+ watch to belgium?

Quote Originally Posted by Le samourai View Post
    I won't comment on this situation as I know nothing about it, but to answer the original question, £2000 watch, insured delivery to Belgium via parcelforce worldwide with tracking is £121.32 one day service or £116.64 three day service.
    Parcelforce doesn't provide compensation cover for watches.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    I think the issue is the value - I recently sent a package to Croatia, Value £250, cost less than £20 insured and tracked via Royal Mail.
    Royal Mail will cover watches during international delivery up to a value of £250 only.

Did your 2000+ watch arrive in Belgium?

Yes it did,
    Money arrived only at GMTmasters account on Wednesday. By noon i had the shipping Bill and trackinnumber of DHL. A pick-up was arranged for Thursday and yesterday the watch arrived sound and well at my doorstep.
    At no moment i had troubles with Ommid. He quickly answerd all mails and questions. There were a lot of questions i asked because you guys made me worried about handling with GMTmaster. There was no need to seen afterwards.
    Watch is as described, looking good and complete like on the pictures. Tuesday she going to my watchmaker to have her checked technically.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeOut View Post
    Did your 2000+ watch arrive in Belgium?

Good to hear!

I hope to see a few members admitting that they got it wrong, doubt it though

Enjoy

Great to hear that it arrived safe and well.

As the first person to reply, I'd like to apologise to the op for the undue worry I may have caused and to Gmtmaster who, in this instance, was good to his word.

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Good to hear!

Enjoy
    He hasn't had the watch checked yet.

But seriously, with his delivery track record you can't blame people for being suspicious.

All's well, ends well though

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Glad the watch arrived.
    Enjoy.
    Wouldn't make me change my mind about dealing with gmt master again.

I went to my watchmaker yesterday to have the 16234 checked out. All is good movement correct , amplitude 287 and 7 sec in plus and still good in the oil. My watchmakers opinion is that the watch has had a service not so long ago but no markings of that in the inside of the caseback.
    According to Ommid the owner before him had it serviced in 2012 so that is possible.
    All by all I have to say Ommid was honest about everything. Glad to have dealt with him despite all the negativity told about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Good to hear!

Enjoy
    What's to 'admit'? The guy has a lousy, lousy record on here which was being pointed out. It's a shame the critical H&V post was deleted about him.

Very glad the OP got his watch. But should we jump for joy that a transaction by him has gone smoothly (like the other hundreds weekly on here) or continue to bear in mind the guy has a lousy record?

I know he will remain on my 'list'.

I can only speak about my transaction that went fabulous smooth. Can't judge about others. But what I don't understand is why someone with a lousy reputation can still be member of this forum and still offer items for sale.
    If so in one way or the other there should be a warning system (pop -up) some text or links in there profile ........) for other members before dealing with someone like that. I surely admit that if I had known or read opinions before I perhaps wouldn't have dealt with GMT Master. But as money was already transferred it was too late to change things. But I can only say everything went well afterwards.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soesgsxr View Post
    I can only speak about my transaction that went fabulous smooth. Can't judge about others. But what I don't understand is why someone with a lousy reputation can still be member of this forum and still offer items for sale.
    If so in one way or the other there should be a warning system (pop -up) some text or links in there profile ........) for other members before dealing with someone like that. I surely admit that if I had known or read opinions before I perhaps wouldn't have dealt with GMT Master. But as money was already transferred it was too late to change things. But I can only say everything went well afterwards.
    If someone was a bit dodgy they'd just create a new profile I guess.

Craftsman
    I don't have enough posts to be able to access SC yet (I fear for my Bank Account though when I do eventually meet the criteria!), but would some sort of feedback system be possible (like eBay) in order to help people decide who may or may not prove more challenging to deal with in a transaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghu1967 View Post
    I don't have enough posts to be able to access SC yet (I fear for my Bank Account though when I do eventually meet the criteria!), but would some sort of feedback system be possible (like eBay) in order to help people decide who may or may not prove more challenging to deal with in a transaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have it already, it's a sub forum called heroes and villains.

mike

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    We have it already, it's a sub forum called heroes and villains.

mike
    Ah, right you are. Will go and investigate. Haven't been through all the sub forums yet, that could be tonight's job.

seems heros and villains isn't that trustable to Judge someone. GMTMaster does not have any bad comments. Seems there was one that disappeard? so what garantees does one have?

Master
    If one wants guarantees then there's always eBay, SC is safe enough 99% of the time if you do some due diligence and invest some time in the forum.