closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Million Pound Party People

Million Pound Party People

Did anybody watch this? It's a documentary series about Joe Fournier and it featured @watchanish quite a bit. Lots of flash watches on display. Fournier himself wears quite a few pieces that most would consider expensive. There's an amusing exchange in episode 1 that goes something like this:

Fournier: "Anish, you're so bling, how much is that watch worth that you're wearing?"

Anish: "700k"

Fournier: "700k!"

Anish (shrugging it off): "Well that's US dollars, about £500k"

Fournier: "OMG, look, mine is only worth £15k and yours is worth £500k"

Pretty vacuous TV, but interesting if you follow @wachanish on IG. I didn't even know what he looked like until seeing this programme.

Grand Master
    A 500k watch is obviously relative to his worth.,as mine are to me.

Its all relative,and we would all be the same if we liked the finer things in life,it's only because we will probably never have such huge sums of money to buy those nice expensive things that we say it's disgusting and would never spend those sums on a watch for eg...........they have,they do,and you would too.

Master
    I just watched this expecting to hate everything about it, but I have to say I thought Joe Fournier came across as a genuine guy with a vision that he was prepared to work hard for.

I did think Anish came across as a bit of a nob, and I do wonder how much of his lifestyle is real, and how much is "rented". I'm sure he makes a lot of money from his Instagram, but it also seems like everything he wears is either borrowed or sponsored. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I guess, but I don't warm to him at all, unlike Joe.

Or maybe I'm just bitter ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    I just watched this expecting to hate everything about it, but I have to say I thought Joe Fournier came across as a genuine guy with a vision that he was prepared to work hard for.

I did think Anish came across as a bit of a nob, and I do wonder how much of his lifestyle is real, and how much is "rented". I'm sure he makes a lot of money from his Instagram, but it also seems like everything he wears is either borrowed or sponsored. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I guess, but I don't warm to him at all, unlike Joe.

Or maybe I'm just bitter ;)
    Joe Fournier did come across really well. Self-made millionaire, built up several empires from scratch, captained the UK basketball team for years, now doing OK in boxing too - can't seem to fail at anything and genuine nice guy.

Anish, I'm not sure of his background and whether he inherited money, but he seems to have done a very good job of building his own businesses. Of course, the £500k watch wasn't his but he does have some nice pieces.

http://www.esquire.co.uk/style/watch...instagram-age/

Ian

Master
    I enjoyed the program bit shocked to hear the the waiters in his club earn £200K,did I hear that correctly ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    ...and I do wonder how much of his lifestyle is real, and how much is "rented". I'm sure he makes a lot of money from his Instagram, but it also seems like everything he wears is either borrowed or sponsored.
    Not going to mention any names as I don't want to expose myself to anything, but the last company I worked for built HiFi equipment and the company was approached by a pair of mid-to-high-profile DJ/Producers who wanted to kit out their studios and houses with the company's product. Some of the product ended up in a photoshoot for an album launch and I went with the products to help maneuver them around the photoshoot etc. In walks an Audemars AD/Rep with a diamond encrusted Royal Oak. The process went a little like this:
    - AD/Rep handles the watch onto the first DJ's wrist
    - Photo is taken, watch is removed by the AD/Rep
    - AD/Rep handles the watch onto the second DJ's wrist
    - Photo is taken, watch is removed by the AD/Rep
    - AD/Rep locks it back in his heavy duty briefcase
    - Photo is comped together to make it look like they both have diamond encrusted Royal Oak's.

The end result was an incredibly misleading, but very impressive looking statement of "look what we've got".

Master
    So what you're saying is that high end watch companies have product placement advertisements and not everybody we see on TV and in magazines wearing them has actually bought one,seems a bit deceitful ;-)

Funny: we envy people for things they don't actually possess.

Master
    FFS, I get hassle from the lads for not "owning" my Omega/Rolex as I'm going to flip it next week.

This programme - when was it on and what channel? Can't see it on sky.thanks

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    what's Anish's real name?

E4, Mondays, 9pm (or maybe 10pm).

Anish Bhatt is @watchanish' real name.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post

Thanks Marcus.found it - on saturday 2.55am and set the recorder.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post

tyvm