closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex to go up 10% on September 1st

Rolex to go up 10% on September 1st

In line with Patek on September 1st Rolex will go up 10%
    I know this through a top industry insider.
    Subsequently now is the time to buy a Daytona or D-blu before the price increase.....oh, wait a minute.....

You could always have put it in one of the other ''Rolex price increase'' threads.

Sorry, I did not know there were any......

Master
    Groan, here we go again......

Craftsman
    I was told 15 per cent yesterday by an AD

Yawn .....

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Trust me, there are. Surprisingly, you're not the only person to have considered that Rolex will be raising their prices shortly.

Master
    As night follows day, there will be a Rolex price rise thread, tedious

I won't believe anything on this subject until it is officially announced.
    Has any other topic ever seen such speculation and incorrect predictions?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    I won't believe anything on this subject until it is officially announced.
    Has any other topic ever seen such speculation and incorrect predictions?
    Yes BREXIT....

I was in goldsmiths last having bought a new purchase of a rolex and was told the same that it will be anything from 3 to 10% in the next few weeks.

Master
    Chaps

I think we should set up a new rule.

If anyone comes in stating there will be a price increase on whatever date, one of two things will happen.

1. If he is right, we should all should show our respect to him and publically proclaim him a very clever chap.

2. If he is wrong, he either pays £500 into the TZ coffers and admits to being a moron or gets banned for life.

Regards

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Seven years and you didn't know?

Master
    Heywood gave a very good insight into his knowledge of how these things work, and has predicted a rise on 1st September at least a couple of weeks ago. It was in one of the other long running Rolex Price Increase threads, of which there are at least two.

This is the closest thing we have to actual foresight because Rolex simply don't tell anyone until just before.

As I have said (on the other long running Rolex Price Increase threads, of which there are at least two) the next muppet to give it the old "my AD said" rubbish needs to be banned! Or better still, as above, made to pay into the fundraiser.

The member that guesses (because it is a guess, and the first of any given month is a good guess, as per Heywood's historical data) correctly when the price rise will happen, gets to feel warm and fuzzy and we all bow down to him and his "insider connections".

So, will this thread die now?! (I doubt it very much!).

Master
    Who are Rolex?

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Heywood gave a very good insight into his knowledge of how these things work, and has predicted a rise on 1st September at least a couple of weeks ago. It was in one of the other long running Rolex Price Increase threads, of which there are at least two.

This is the closest thing we have to actual foresight because Rolex simply don't tell anyone until just before.

As I have said (on the other long running Rolex Price Increase threads, of which there are at least two) the next muppet to give it the old "my AD said" rubbish needs to be banned! Or better still, as above, made to pay into the fundraiser.

The member that guesses (because it is a guess, and the first of any given month is a good guess, as per Heywood's historical data) correctly when the price rise will happen, gets to feel warm and fuzzy and we all bow down to him and his "insider connections".

So, will this thread die now?! (I doubt it very much!).
    Why should the thread die when you get your facts wrong?
    As Haywood pointed out in one of the other threads, sometimes we do know quite a while in advance of a price rise.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Why should the thread die when you get your facts wrong?
    As Haywood pointed out in one of the other threads, sometimes we do know quite a while in advance of a price rise.
    Sigh...

EDIT: PS I guess it's mute since it appears impossible to buy a SS sports model anyway! (although apparently "normal" people do buy their other models! ;-p
    Last edited by ach5; 14th August 2016 at 15:49.

Master
    No one, hobbyist or trader, knows the date. It is all just guess work, which means someone will get it right by accident. For all we know, it might be tomorrow, next week, the beginning of September, the.....well, fill in where applicable. People have bee guessing for several years. Not a single person has been right so far.
    We don't even know if any date has been agreed.

Master
    PPS as per post immediately above, I think I have just been irrationally irritated by the confidence with which people have posted on here things like;

"My AD said there's DEFINITELY a price rise on 1st June" and then it doesn't happen
    "My AD said there's DEFINITELY a price rise on 1st July" and then it doesn't happen
    "My AD said there's DEFINITELY a price rise on 1st August" and then it doesn't happen

The inference is "I have access to special information" and just makes me cringe and irks me in equal measure.

I should go and find all these confident posts and point them out, but I guess that would be even more petty than my irritation here.

I really don't know why I even interested because I am not in the market for a new watch, probably never will be again and truth be told am not even really that interested in watches anymore - well, especially not new ones.

OK, so I am not going to post again in these Rolex Price Increase threads!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    Yawn .....
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    PPS as per post immediately above, I think I have just been irrationally irritated by the confidence with which people have posted on here things like;

"My AD said there's DEFINITELY a price rise on 1st June" and then it doesn't happen
    "My AD said there's DEFINITELY a price rise on 1st July" and then it doesn't happen
    "My AD said there's DEFINITELY a price rise on 1st August" and then it doesn't happen

The inference is "I have access to special information" and just makes me cringe and irks me in equal measure.

I should go and find all these confident posts and point them out, but I guess that would be even more petty than my irritation here.

I really don't know why I even interested because I am not in the market for a new watch, probably never will be again and truth be told am not even really that interested in watches anymore - well, especially not new ones.

OK, so I am not going to post again in these Rolex Price Increase threads!!
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Seven years and you didn't know?
    Internet is choppy on the farm:-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    +1.
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax99 View Post
    +2
    +3

Last night when I was asleep I was visited by the ghost of Hans Wilsdorf who told me a 9.2% increase will take effect on the 33rd of Glidember.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think the biggest problem is that people are given some 'inside knowledge' from someone that they trust, and decide to share it with the forum in good faith.
    Unfortunately, with this specific topic, the information very rarely proves to be correct.

I was told 3 weeks ago they'd be a 10% rise on the 1st of September. I'm 80% certain I think? 🤔

There's a point when customers just leave. I suspect that this is what Rolex are considering.

There have been considerable price differentials in the past. I think it is likely that prices will go up but not a done deal at all.

I think that this is just a tactic by salespeople to pressure someone into buying a rolex.why would rolex tell an Ad they were about to put up their prices? I remember talking to a dealer years ago about this and was told they had no prior knowledge and simply found out when rolex sent a communication out with a new price list to be acted on immediately.having said all this their are traditional times of the year when they have changed the prices and I think people instinctively assume the worst and start stories around these dates.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'll take a different tack to the angry people and assume the OP was making a numerous post. It's a moot point anyway, given the angst expressed here.

Master
    Why does it matter? Do you get a smug feeling that your watch is worth more today than yesterday? If you are flipping it's just swings and roundabouts surely.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I'll take a different tack to the angry people and assume the OP was making a numerous post. It's a moot point anyway, given the angst expressed here.
    Me angry, no not one bit.

But a post about things going up in price,

If it's a concern then don't buy one.

Master
    Blog Entries

I was thinking of Adrian rather than you.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I was thinking of Adrian rather than you.
    Was that why you said "the OP"?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Was that why you said "the OP"?
    No, I feel the OP was making a funny post as this is a regular topic and noted how he phrased it. I still believe this.

The angst is coming primarily from ach5, and I believe his real name is Adrian. He also spelt moot as mute.

I'm happy to justify my posts line by line if you wish. Normally the forensic questioning is done in the Bear Pit (by people who don't answer direct questions themselves of course) but whatever makes you happy

The Illuminati dictate the price, fools. That said, the Black Pope told me 10% on September 1.

Offcially, whether the price increases or not, a lot of watch lovers are already paying prices above the retail value for watches like new Daytonas, Deap Blue and the Batman.

I would like to announce to the world - well you lot anyway that I have decided to put my prices up on 1st Nov - please form an orderly queue to spend lots of money - but don't bother until I'm back from holiday.

(Rubs hands)

That's Christmas paid for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    That's the second home paid for
    sorry to be cheeky but I've corrected your spelling

Craftsman
    I agree there's too many of these threads - but I'm sure OP put this here with the best of intentions. Let's just dig up the old thread, merge the conversation, and move on?

The new price doesn't have to be unaffordable to make you care about a price increase. Who doesn't want to try to save a few hundred quid?

Unless you are one of the lucky few who wouldn't notice £500+ go missing...

Craftsman
    I was told to buy my BLNR fast because of an inevitable price increase. That was Feb 2015....................

Personally, the only person I can really trust on this topic, in these forums is Haywood Milton. He's the only one who seems to have the inside track, and even he gets it wrong sometimes...

Personally, the only person I can really trust on this topic, in these forums is Haywood Milton. He's the only one who seems to have the inside track, and even he gets it wrong sometimes...

Mr Milton - any update on this topic? What do your sources tell you about the next price hike?

Master
    Well i think this is one of those inevitable situations. September 1st we will see an increase, thats pretty much guaranteed 100%, the doubt is how much it will go up by.

IWC, PANERAI, PATEK, CARTIER, JLC, LANGE all increased. The price differential of UK Retail vs other countries is HUGE HUGE HUGE. You can buy a GMT BLNR for £4950 (after vat refund) in the UK, thats just insane....
    Last edited by kaiserphoenix; 24th August 2016 at 11:53.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Well i think this is one of those inevitable situations. September 1st we will see an increase 100%
    100% seems steep. I'll go for 5-10%

Was in my local AD in Exeter saturday, when i said to him there is an imminent price increase like next month he denied it, said it will happen eventually but not yet?? why would he say that when i was looking at a yacht master and a DJ.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Well i think this is one of those inevitable situations. September 1st we will see an increase, thats pretty much guaranteed 100%, the doubt is how much it will go up by.

IWC, PANERAI, PATEK, CARTIER, JLC, LANGE all increased. The price differential of UK Retail vs other countries is HUGE HUGE HUGE. You can buy a GMT BLNR for £4950 (after vat refund) in the UK, thats just insane....
    How is that relevant? unless you buy the watch to export it permanently I suppose

Master
    My AD said that the regional manager had told him that no price rise was in the pipeline....this was a few days ago. As the store was packed with buyers, he probably is not worried. But prices will have to go up, simply to stabilise the market. Beyond that, who knows. Maybe not even Rolex
    I get the feeling that forum people want price rises, because they have second hand stuff which would become a bit more valuable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post

Mr Milton - any update on this topic? What do your sources tell you about the next price hike?
    You certainly over-estimate my ability, but thanks for your confidence! All of us in the trade rely on snatched feedback from comments with Rolex employees, ADs etc. Just like you we have to make our own minds up as to which prove to be the more reliable sources.

I consider it as a given that Rolex UK prices HAVE to increase imminently and that a rise of at least 10% is to be expected.

Looking back over the last ten years, the first of the month has always been the chosen date. There seems no further reason to delay except perhaps the August Bank Holiday --- let us not forget that there is a chap at Rolex UK who at a couple of days' notice has to drill through the price list and work out the new RRPs. It is rarely if ever a straightforward "x% across the range" and the various metal / gem components alone are usually a consideration that differentiates the uplift on different models.

Like many, I expected 1st August to be the date and with each month I think it simply becomes more likely. My money would be on 1st September, but if it were not then the odds just increase massively for 1st October! The rise will come soon.

"Haywood would say that, it's in his interest as a dealer" will cry the ignorant. It can be proven that this is not so; from mid-2012 until the EU vote I had consistently argued that there was no case for an increase, nor was there one.

When it comes, of course, it will be good news for me.

Haywood