closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: This is the life!

Master

This is the life!

Nice evenings aerobatic flying at the Club to unwind after a day at work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    How did you squeeze yourself into that?

Master
    There's no way you would get fat me into that, I only just about fit into the Car!

Is it electric?

Im a bit out of touch - last one I had was a Keil Kraft Mini Super in 1973

Looks like great fun. I've occasionally toyed with the idea of having a try as there are a couple of local clubs near me. What is the model you're flying out of interest?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Is it electric?

Im a bit out of touch - last one I had was a Keil Kraft Mini Super in 1973
    Yes it runs on a 4 cell Lipo Battery Ian, the hobby may have come on a bit since 1973, with ARF kits on the market (almost ready to fly)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Yes it runs on a 4 cell Lipo Battery Ian, the hobby may have come on a bit since 1973, with ARF kits on the market (almost ready to fly)

How much flight time does that give you?

Just got me a DJI phantom 3 the Lipo battery on that gives me 20mins.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    How much flight time does that give you?

Just got me a DJI phantom 3 the Lipo battery on that gives me 20mins.
    It depends on the Battery and how you fly the model, a good quality one like this performing big loops ect, maybe 6 mins tops, I tend to set my alarm for five mins and when it goes off think about landing!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting. That is very interesting and (possibly) a new found pastime!👍

Master

This is the life!

It's great fun, the early days starting out as a beginner can be challenging to say the least, but as your skill level improves it becomes more and more fun, at one time I couldn't have seen myself doing anything like this, never been into anything RC and would spend most of my free time riding my Harley, but really glad I found this great but addictive hobby!

Master
    Blog Entries
    It depends on the Battery and how you fly the model, a good quality one like this performing big loops ect, maybe 6 mins tops, I tend to set my alarm for five mins and when it goes off think about landing!

That must be ragging it quite a bit then. Mines a 4480mah and that's powering 4motors, camera. Gimbal, GPS etc.

There is a little group who fly RC planes down the road from me. Going to ask if I can film them soon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Looks like great fun. I've occasionally toyed with the idea of having a try as there are a couple of local clubs near me. What is the model you're flying out of interest?
    Hi, it's classed as a sports plane, nice low wing plane with good aerobatic capabilities

Banned
    What motor is in it, I'm just changing my model boat motors over to brushless, used to fly heli, changed over to boats.

I'm doing a Arran class 33" at the moment 2 Mtronic G2 hydro 1100 kv water cooled off 2 7.2 volt 3s should give me about 15000 rpm less water resistance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    What motor is in it, I'm just changing my model boat motors over to brushless, used to fly heli, changed over to boats.

I'm doing a Arran class 33" at the moment 2 Mtronic G2 hydro 1100 kv water cooled off 2 7.2 volt 3s should give me about 15000 rpm less water resistance.
    Have you looked on the Hobbyking website?

I'm not sure if Plane motors are compatible for boats, but I know HK do boat motors because a work colleague was after one for his bait boat for his carp fishing

As for my motor without taking the cowl off I'm not sure, maybe 1100kv but mine is set up for 4s with the prop size and a 100amp esc

Banned
    The motor is built with an anodised heat efficient casing, precision ballraces, high temp magnets and gold plated motor wire connections these are the new brushless for boats they don't actually need water cooling they run cool but why not it looks good chucking out water, I'm set up with 2 50amp ESC auto calabration auto detection although you can programme them, 4S that's a 14.7 Lipo x that by 1100 = 16200 rpm

I have a pro boat recoil 26 upgraded it'll do about 50 mph on flat water.

Love the planes but had too many near misses with heli's. 6 channels did my head in.
    Last edited by Fords; 22nd August 2016 at 20:28.

Master
    These are the new brushless for boats they don't actually need water cooling but why not it looks good chucking out water, I'm set up with 2 50amp ESC auto set up auto detection although you can programme them for the lifeboat, 4S that's a 14.7 Lipo x that by 1100 = 16200 rpm

I have a pro boat recoil 26 upgraded it'll do about 50 mph on flat water.

Love the planes but had too many near misses with heli's. 6 channels did my head in.
    Are based in the N/W?

That's where I am, there's a boat club near me, but I think it's mainly Yachts!

Banned
    Yes in the north west I'm a member of 2 clubs one at home and one in Lytham.

Love watching the yachts the lads really try hard on a windless day.

I also have a slipway weighforce tug running 2 12 volt Decaperm off a 12 volt battery with a raboesch bow thruster running off a 7.2 v NiMh.
    Last edited by Fords; 22nd August 2016 at 20:40.

Master
    Yes in the north west I'm a member of 2 clubs one at home and one in Lytham.
    Your only a stones throw from me then

Master

Lipo's on charge, story of my life lol

Banned
    It's all about balance. Both life and lipo.

👍🏻

Master
    Couple more pics from today

Banned
    My cousin is making a frog junior 60 plane at the moment not sure if the name is right but he has the original frog aero engine, he got the plans off Ben buckle, he also appeared in lasts months radio model plane mag.

Master
    My cousin is making a frog junior 60 plane at the moment not sure if the name is right but he has the original frog aero engine, he got the plans off Ben buckle, he also appeared in lasts months radio model plane mag.
    It's not a model I'm familiar with, is it a high wing model?

Banned
    http://www.benbucklevintage.com/inde...products_id=13

I think it's 2 channel It's easy to fly and will settle back down to earth on its own when the fuel runs out.
    Last edited by Fords; 22nd August 2016 at 21:20.

Master
    Ah dihedral wing and no ailerons, just steer round with the rubber

Yes very easy to fly as the fuselage just sort of hangs from that wing causing it to be very stable in flight

Not my kind of thing but each to their own, some folk get great enjoyment flying classic planes like this around in a scale fashion

I am in the process of putting a P47 Thunderbolt Warbird together though, should get the engine through the post maybe tomorrow but in no rush to finish it really

Master

The P47 hanging from the garage ceiling

Master
    So next Manchester/Lancashire GTG could be a model one?

Can't beat the smell, noise and 'writing in the sky' capabilities of nitro engines

which club are you a member of?

Craftsman
    great hobby, looks like I'm lagging behind a bit, never seemed to find the time to join a club so over the last 18 months I've been teaching myself, currently using a Wot 4 foam e mk2+ great plane to fly , I'm a little restricted for space here on the campsite so landing can be a bit here and there sometimes with the wind in the wrong direction, but I'm getting there and have plenty of fun teaching myself a few moves etc and towards the end of a flight slowing everything right down and being a bit more sensible with a few low circuits around the site perimeter and figure of eights etc before landing. Quite happy with my progress so far .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by michalko82 View Post
    So next Manchester/Lancashire GTG could be a model one?

Can't beat the smell, noise and 'writing in the sky' capabilities of nitro engines

which club are you a member of?
    Sorry only just seen this reply, I'm a member of FCMFA at Fleetwood, and would be good to gets few modellers from here to meet up?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Geeks .

looks fun to be honest, I have a mate in north wales who lives in hips garage with his models and drones!

mike

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Geeks .

looks fun to be honest, I have a mate in north wales who lives in hips garage with his models and drones!

mike
    Yes it's certainly fun Mike, here's another model I fly quite regular

Master

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FULL TIMER View Post
    great hobby, looks like I'm lagging behind a bit, never seemed to find the time to join a club so over the last 18 months I've been teaching myself, currently using a Wot 4 foam e mk2+ great plane to fly , I'm a little restricted for space here on the campsite so landing can be a bit here and there sometimes with the wind in the wrong direction, but I'm getting there and have plenty of fun teaching myself a few moves etc and towards the end of a flight slowing everything right down and being a bit more sensible with a few low circuits around the site perimeter and figure of eights etc before landing. Quite happy with my progress so far .
    The Wot4 foam'e is a great high wing model, had one myself for a while but it took a couple of knocks and I had to lay it to rest in the end

I wouldn't class them as an ideal first trainer plane myself, but I know some do!

Craftsman
    The Wot4 foam'e is a great high wing model, had one myself for a while but it took a couple of knocks and I had to lay it to rest in the end

I wouldn't class them as an ideal first trainer plane myself, but I know some do!

I agree especially when teaching yourself, I started off with the Ares Gamma Pro which I would class as an ideal trainer the new ones now have various electronic aids but I wanted to learn without all the help of gizmo's, I still have the Wot 4 on slightly reduced rates and it is working well for me at the moment, looking forward to getting on a low wing model soon but no idea what to get at the moment.

Master
    I agree especially when teaching yourself, I started off with the Ares Gamma Pro which I would class as an ideal trainer the new ones now have various electronic aids but I wanted to learn without all the help of gizmo's, I still have the Wot 4 on slightly reduced rates and it is working well for me at the moment, looking forward to getting on a low wing model soon but no idea what to get at the moment.
    What about an acro wot foam e?

The ideal progression I would think!

Craftsman
    What about an acro wot foam e?

The ideal progression I would think!

Just had a look and I think you might be right , I think I could probably do with a bit more time on the Wot 4 before biting the bullet and parting with money but it definitely looks a good move before I hit the war bird route.

Master
    Just had a look and I think you might be right , I think I could probably do with a bit more time on the Wot 4 before biting the bullet and parting with money but it definitely looks a good move before I hit the war bird route.
    If you fancy going down the Warbird route the eflite corsair s is a great model, it comes fitted with all that spectrum smart technology stuff but I just took the receiver out of mine and fitted a standard futaba, but they fly well for a Warbird, maybe down to the wing design

Craftsman
    If you fancy going down the Warbird route the eflite corsair s is a great model, it comes fitted with all that spectrum smart technology stuff but I just took the receiver out of mine and fitted a standard futaba, but they fly well for a Warbird, maybe down to the wing design

Thanks I'll take a look, but sounds good, I do have an old battered Top RC Hobby Hurricane here that I was going to have a go with at some point but can't find any info on suggested throw's etc