closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Hybrid View

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Utter pretentious shite. I hate crap like this. Even if you're one of the privileged few to have such obscene amounts of disposable cash to spent on trinkets, you might not be special enough to write your name on our piece of paper. F*** off.
    Agreed

Seiko,Tudor,Casio,Eddie all sold me watches with no list,non of this pretentious nonsense.

It's a watch FFS.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by soundood; 13th October 2016 at 21:17.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    WTF? No mention of Daytona wait times.
    This is irresponsible reporting.
    Don't they know how many are eager to know the wait times?

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    Agreed

Seiko,Tudor,Casio,Eddie all sold me watches with no list,non of this pretentious nonsense.

It's a watch FFS.
    Do you not think that from a pure business angle this is a good way to get customer loyalty though? If you buy a new watch every year or so and use the AD to get them back to Rolex for services, then you must develop a loyalty towards that AD and what would cement that further than being offered something rare (or the opportunity to be on the shortlist for something rare) as a reward?

I know that the Daytona has always been on a waiting list so it seems like market manipulation, but the one I think could have been an accident initially is the BLNR. A friend bought one when they first came out (no trouble getting hold of them back then he said) and he said he wanted a GMT but hated the way that the ceramic bezel looked on the other models. Same seems to be the case for many people as you can easily find the other colour combinations in windows. So now I guess that Rolex are continuing to produce to just undercut market demand because this idea of a watch as an investment must fuel demand.

Agreed that the whole thing is ruddy weird: but they clearly know what they're doing as the majority of new models get uglier and more gauche with every release (for other markets I suppose) and yet I still see a fair number on the sort of wealthy chap who can get on the shortlist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Agreed

It's a watch FFS.
    All these watches are available on SC if you ask nicely😁

Craftsman
    Yellow Gold Sub @ FH Westfield Stratford City.

Zero discount

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    And the annoying thing about these 'lists' is that not anyone can just place themselves on it. You have to have a bit of a purchasing history of x amount/over x many years.

Utter nonsense I tell you.
    I'm "just anyone" and I got on the list at WoS Canary Wharf. I was just browsing, no purchase history there and i asked if they had a ceramic Daytona list. The sales guy said yes and said it was a 3 year wait so I gave him my name. Of course, the whole 3 year wait story could be a load of rubbish.

I am surprised that people take this projected wait times seriously.
    It is all dependent on supply,demand and distribution patterns none of which are constant and 2,3 or 7 years is a long enough time for this to change.

I struggle to believe there is someone sat at Rolex reviewing lists looking for the same name so they can cross it out.

I have my name down with several dealers for a Hulk and I told all the dealers of this as I didn't wish to waste their time. Most of them simply said that it wasn't a problem as if I didn't take the watch, there were plenty more who would.

Master
    This is what I spotted when I was at Abu dhabi Terminal 3 last Sept 27. There's more than this but I'm not interested with the other displays.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    This is what I spotted when I was at Abu dhabi Terminal 3 last Sept 27. There's more than this but I'm not interested with the other displays.

So if I really wanted, I could be having a holiday in Abu Dabi and just pick a sub up? At list price?

Master
    Indeed, but no idea once you're back to your country with regards to tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantasub View Post
    So if I really wanted, I could be having a holiday in Abu Dabi and just pick a sub up? At list price?
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    'Ill take the second one down please'.
    'Which one, Sir?'
    'All of them!'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    'Ill take the second one down please'.
    'Which one, Sir?'
    'All of them!'

LOL.

Anyone know how RRP prices in the UAE compare to UK?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSWATCH View Post
    Anyone know how RRP prices in the UAE compare to UK?
    Everywhere outside the U.K. is more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Everywhere outside the U.K. is more expensive.
    That makes a change.

I knew Europe was more expensive, but didn’t realise everywhere else was.

Craftsman
    Just got back from Abu Dhabi this weekend, and they didn't have any sports professional models.. The sales person mentioned they haven't been receiving many sports models recently. Prices are higher than the UK, but below the grey dealer prices...

Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post

Haha you can't imagine a window like this in 2019 anymore...

Ok, so a fairly esoteric one that won’t help many forum members, but GV Milgauss, Yachtmaster and Air King all in the only Yangon AD at the moment.

I mention as I check every two weeks for the last couple of years and absolutely nada. I’ve been first on the list for a BLRO since Basel and still not a single one arrived in country.

I’m hoping may be related to Ryan’s recent claims of a production increase/targeting of Asian markets to try and win back some customers who all seem to be going to Omega due to rolex total unavailability.

Quote Originally Posted by sepsonto View Post
    Ok, so a fairly esoteric one that won’t help many forum members, but GV Milgauss, Yachtmaster and Air King all in the only Yangon AD at the moment.

I mention as I check every two weeks for the last couple of years and absolutely nada. I’ve been first on the list for a BLRO since Basel and still not a single one arrived in country.

I’m hoping may be related to Ryan’s recent claims of a production increase/targeting of Asian markets to try and win back some customers who all seem to be going to Omega due to rolex total unavailability.
    Worth checking the AD in Chiang Mai, Central Festival. They had a Cameron on display last month. Local market just buys TT Datejusts and the tourists haven't cottoned onto this AD yet - they only know the Bangkok mall ADs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    I think the point is there is a shortage of certain SS models in the UK.
    Of course you can get them abroad but they will be more expensive due to the meltdown of Sterling.
    We have a shortage in part because of tourists buying up rolex models as they take advantage of their beneficial exchange rate.

If anyone sees an LV (Hulk) in a window please feel free to PM me :)

Master
    Please can we stop these pointless thread. Milgauss, ExpII, SD are available everywhere in the UK, including the often difficult capital that is London. If its a SUB or GMT, that would be useful I suppose for people looking for these.

Also no point saying these are available in other countries, we all know that. No offence inteded, but in the US, EU, Japan, HK, you see these models very often, EVEN BLNR. The point is that it is hard in the UK as UK is currently the COSTCO of Rolex in the world. The BLNR costs over 8000 Euros and the economic climate being what it is, there arnt masses of people waiting to spend 8200 on a steel watch all over Europe and hence they are more available.

Now £5950 for a BLNR in the UK + the 16.67% VAT refund makes this a MASSIVE MASSIVE bargain and hence you will have HUGE difficulty finding one in the UK.

Craftsman
    I asked about a Rolex Oyster 39 mm at WOS on Regents street. They told me there was a waiting list.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I think the point is there is a shortage of certain SS models in the UK.
    Of course you can get them abroad but they will be more expensive due to the meltdown of Sterling.
    We have a shortage in part because of tourists buying up rolex models as they take advantage of their beneficial exchange rate.

That’s new to me..
    Bollocks

Master
    FreeAgent, would you mind editing the title of your thread (edit, go advanced) to, 'The UNIFIED Rolex in the window thread', there seems to be a growing consensus that one thread to rule them all would keep this place tidy and this is the one that's currently at the top. Congratulations, your thread will be famous!
    Last edited by Itsguy; 14th October 2016 at 09:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    FreeAgent, would you mind editing the title of your thread (edit, go advanced) to, 'The UNIFIED Rolex in the window thread', there seems to be a growing consensus that one thread to rule them all would keep this place tidy and this is the one that's currently at the top. Congratulations, your thread will be famous!
    No problem, and done.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    No problem, and done.
    We have moved on Richard, I opened a 'Heads Up' thread covering all watches and brands this morning. But thanks for this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    We have moved on Richard, I opened a 'Heads Up' thread covering all watches and brands this morning. But thanks for this anyway.
    Ooooh, the frisson of competition! Which thread will win?

We need a 'UNIFIED, unified all-watches seen in ADs' windows in the UK and in development on various forums' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Ooooh, the frisson of competition! Which thread will win?

We need a 'UNIFIED, unified all-watches seen in ADs' windows in the UK and in development on various forums' thread.
    I don't really mind Sean, I just thought it wasn't exclusive to Rolex, take limited edition Omegas or even the waiting lists for the PP sports models and the yearly releases from Baselworld seem to cover most of the big boys.

As they say, the punters will vote with their feet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    My fault I'm afraid, didn't see your thread and suggested it as this one was higher up at the time (thanks FreeAgent)... And yes it's most likely better to have an all inclusive all brands thread for this so time to start shamelessly bumping the other one to the top! Oops I've just bumped this one, oh well... This title could always be edited back if the other one is going to be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    My fault I'm afraid, didn't see your thread and suggested it as this one was higher up at the time (thanks FreeAgent)... And yes it's most likely better to have an all inclusive all brands thread for this so time to start shamelessly bumping the other one to the top! Oops I've just bumped this one, oh well... This title could always be edited back if the other one is going to be the one.
    Whatever works best is fine. The other one has already had a decent heads up of a pilot watch and I posted details of a watch that I am keen to see in the flesh. It will take time for things to calm down and for people get used to contributing to a single thread - which ever one that happens to be.

C**p - just bumped the wrong thread !!

I was in Hong kong recently and not one BLNR or new Daytona in any AD window that I saw.

I had enquired a while back at AD in bond street about BLNR and was immediately offered the honour of joining the wait list. I declined and bought one privately a few weeks later below RRP.

I don't see how scarcity really helps Rolex but there are clearly many others that benefit from it.

Banned
    I was offered a SS Daytona today,I was also told the 7 year wait is conservative it could be 10 or 15.

Rolex don't check how many lists you are on.

I tried a gold and a bi metal Daytona,also vintage subs one with the crazed dial.

What I really liked was the large auto speed master I was offered that with a big discount along with lots of other watches.

I also liked a iwc 7 day portugese and some old heurs.

Journeyman
    I was offered a SS Daytona today,I was also told the 7 year wait is conservative it could be 10 or 15.

Rolex don't check how many lists you are on.

I tried a gold and a bi metal Daytona,also vintage subs one with the crazed dial.

What I really liked was the large auto speed master I was offered that with a big discount along with lots of other watches.

I also liked a iwc 7 day portugese and some old heurs.

I assume you purchased it ?????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
    I assume you purchased it ?????
    No,I don't have any real knowledge,I didn't even ask the price,I think it might have been second hand is that still desirable?

It's not my thing so I didn't follow it up.

Though seeing the 1% or less interest rates it could be a investment?

I wouldn't wear it and I don't know enough about Rolex what would it cost to buy?

Why don't people buy the gold or bi metal?.

I was also shown one with the numbers circling the dial Facing the centre that was SH.

I was told the reasons it's in short supply, it all makes sense.

The omega I got him to write down z dial speed master,co axial in house 2014 b and p £3,750 it was up for way more.

I liked that one a lot is it a fair price?

Apprentice
    In the last few days I rang every AD in the greater Lomdon area and not one said that they had a 39mm Oyster Perpetual in stock!

Master

Deep Blue Premium

Just stopped on a cruise in Gibraltar and wandered into AD on off chance a Deep Blue might be lurking.

Yes they have one, not on display, but at £10,900. Didn't think a AD could grey market their own stock, nice work if you can get it. Girl serving was almost worth the premium though; blimey!

Had loads of other good stuff in stock but didn't even bother with the D question at those mark ups

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was in my AD today & they had these in the window. I don't know whether these versions are particularly hard to come by or not?

Last edited by trident-7; 24th October 2016 at 15:29.

Main dealer in Kitzbuhel has:
    Explorer at 6k euros- approx £5250
    Explorer 2 white dial at 7450euro approx £6550
    Let me know if of interest
    I suspect more expensive than at home?
    Goat

Craftsman

5th November evening

OP 36mm white dial Rolex shop Old Bond Street London....

Bi metal black dial Daytona in goldsmith's Eldon Square
    and a dark Rhodium dial steel yahtmaster at Blackett street.

Chris
    Last edited by chris2982; 1st March 2020 at 13:46.

Anyone spotted any Daytona’s on oysterflex in the northwest?

Two black and one bluesy in the window on Piccadilly and one LV in the window in Covent Garden.

Market Cross jewellers today had around 50 Rolex in their window display and every single one of them was reduced. Times are changing. Has the bubble burst?

Master
    Last time I enquired about a Rolex at my local AD I was told they were no longer adding any names to lists irrespective of model.

You can imagine my surprise when 2 years later I’ve just received a call offering me the watch I initially enquired about.

Master
    There is the new explorer at westfield.

I dont really know what people expect asking about one of the most desirable watches on the market at a Canary Wharf AD, probably the first dealer in the whole of the UK to run out of stock of any Rolex and the rest of the inner M25 isnt far behind.

As for the ceramic Daytona, they are out there but you just have to pay over the odds, I can see one now at a respected dealer, black dial, brand new for just under 15K.

The long waiting lists are lots about the mystique of owning a desired piece and making the customer feel special, you get told 7 years, 18 months later you get a call, we have had Joe bloggs drop out and thought we would call our prefered customers first for refusal, the customer is eating out their hand before they see the watch and hopefully many more sales will follow from you..

Journeyman
    Similar business model to Porsche GT/limited run cars; waiting lists and customer 'vetting'