closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: been a while since I posted: sales corner info

Apprentice

been a while since I posted: sales corner info

Hello,
    it has been many a year since I posted, but have popped in regularly for a read.
    I am now unable to view Sales Corner as I used to. I have tried searching for a site-contact to confirm if I am still able to view sales, or if I need to start again.
    I would appreciate it is someone could offer info on who I should contact.
    thanks, Mike

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike7 View Post
    Hello,
    it has been many a year since I posted, but have popped in regularly for a read.
    I am now unable to view Sales Corner as I used to. I have tried searching for a site-contact to confirm if I am still able to view sales, or if I need to start again.
    I would appreciate it is someone could offer info on who I should contact.
    thanks, Mike
    You need a minimum of 50 posts to see Sales Corner, 250 to be able to post

Master
    When you get to the target post level please feel free to offer old pairs of shoes and jackets with holes in them :)

Apprentice
    thanks for info. I thought it was time related.

That too, still. Double requirements of time and posts for both hurdles.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    That too, still. Double requirements of time and posts for both hurdles.
    Yeah, but he's joined in 2007 so I didn't think it was relevant

Craftsman
    50 posts I'm getting there

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 964boy View Post
    i need to get there too

There's also a length of membership requirement, so don't rush to 50 posts in the same month of joining then expect to get access...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    i need to get there too
    Maybe you'll arrive together,

i need to get there too
    Not with this kind of posts:-)

Banned
    Please be aware that if you do try to sell something, then buyers will carefully scrutinize your post history. Posters who display a broad knowledge of watch related issues and write posts that are helpful to the community are likely to be preferred over posters who post the likes of: "50 posts I'm getting there".

If you wish to be a successful seller you should always strive to be polite and never stoop to trolling. This forum has a fine reputation for ignoring trolls, both here and in the sales corner.
    Last edited by GrandS; 22nd November 2016 at 04:18.

Are all 50 of them going to be making the same positive contribution as your going on the what's your instagram account thread just to say you're not on it and glad you're not?

Perhaps on the new arrival thread you could say, haven't got a new watch?
    On a thread about bracelet stretch, "I only wear leather straps", in a discussion about Subs, "I can't afford one but even if I could I wouldn't want one".

And then the traditional 51st post.

Craftsman
    I need to get into this sales corner :-)

I need to get into this sales corner :-)
    You really don't. Unless you're after second hand shoes or an old Parka for your wife!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You really don't. Unless you're after second hand shoes or an old Parka for your wife!
    Watches

Watches
    I don't think you are allowed to watch.

Be aware that, as well as "number of posts" and "length of membership", there is also an (undocumented) "quality of posts" requirement.

There is a forum glitch which means that a number of people who have used speedposting to get to the magic 50 suddenly found that their count had mysteriously been reset back to 0!

Just before you log on top of the web page there are two quotes 50 post to see it and 250 to post for the sells section high lighted it disappears when I log on due to I got enough post but mite stay there after you log on if you don't have the post count ?

Here is what is high lighted
    You can view Sales Corner if your post count is 50 or more and you have been registered as a member for 60 days or more. You can post in Sales Corner if your post count is 250 or more and you have been registered as a member for 180 days or more.
    Last edited by River Rat; 22nd November 2016 at 14:33.

Craftsman
    I have 50 posts but can't see it.

Master
    I have 50 posts but can't see it.
    What a classic fifty first post....

I am not sure I want to see the sales corner, it could get expensive.

Craftsman
    I wasn't aware there was a Sales Corner

Craftsman
    I cannot get my head round the restrictions of access to read the sales corner , surely the regular sellers would like more people to see their adverts ?

In the same breath I can understand the restriction to post adverts in the sales corner to stop it being flooded with adverts but there again I think the 250 post guide line a touch too high.

As for the " quality of posts " unwritten rule , I've never read anything so daft for a long time , I'm glad someone has made the time to go through every members posts.

Just to make clear I have nothing for sale now or in the foreseeable future .

It may be daft to you but it works quite well for all members ( with more than 50/250 posts). You don't have to like it, you don't even have to understand it.
    And as for the quality of posts, there seems to be a glitch in the system that resets a member's post count if he runs a little too fast towards the 50 posts threshold with uninteresting content.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    From a relative newbie such as myself, this would be my advice: just enjoy the forum and SC access will come with time. Even after you gain access it would take time for the established community to get to know you in order to deal with you. This is not eBay. If you are here just to buy/sell, you are in the wrong place. If you like watches stick around and you'll love the forum. 250+ posts and few months will pass by before you even realise. Knowing people, meeting people, talking about watches and life in general, is the real appeal of TZ (for me at least). SC is just an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    I cannot get my head round the restrictions of access to read the sales corner , surely the regular sellers would like more people to see their adverts ?
    If people are interested in maximum visibility, then there's eg eBay. This is an attempt to ensure that the people buying have first of all established themselves in the community. Quality over quantity. There's a lot of trust involved in the SC, and these restrictions are part of that being possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    From a relative newbie such as myself, this would be my advice: just enjoy the forum and SC access will come with time. Even after you gain access it would take time for the established community to get to know you in order to deal with you. This is not eBay. If you are here just to buy/sell, you are in the wrong place. If you like watches stick around and you'll love the forum. 250+ posts and few months will pass by before you even realise. Knowing people, meeting people, talking about watches and life in general, is the real appeal of TZ (for me at least). SC is just an added bonus.
    Well said Gab and spot on.

Speedposters take note; just join in and stop mithering because you can't see the SC. I wouldn't sell a watch to someone who I couldn't get some idea of their character from their posts. I am sure the cash converters mob, 50th-iPhone-this year and used shoe salesmen won't mind, but then you're better off with eBay and their buyer protection. The 50/250 is the only protection we have on here.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Well said Gab and spot on.

Speedposters take note; just join in and stop mithering because you can't see the SC. I wouldn't sell a watch to someone who I couldn't get some idea of their character from their posts. I am sure the cash converters mob, 50th-iPhone-this year and used shoe salesmen won't mind, but then you're better off with eBay and their buyer protection. The 50/250 is the only protection we have on here.
    I'm not moaning I can't see SC from my post count , just if I was advertising on there I'd want the maximum amount of like minded folk to see it..

I like many others in here like to pop onto the forum and have a read of what's going on then log off without posting , that doesn't affect my ability to buy.

Saying that I accept the rules , just posting my point of view.

just if I was advertising on there I'd want the maximum amount of like minded folk to see it..
    So you want the benefits of the filter that creates an environment of "like minded folk", but no filter?

I think in general sellers here appreciate that responses to their adverts are from established personalities that are having to look after their reputations.

That's how it used to work around the time you (and I) joined.

Master
    I'm not moaning I can't see SC from my post count , just if I was advertising on there I'd want the maximum amount of like minded folk to see it..

I like many others in here like to pop onto the forum and have a read of what's going on then log off without posting , that doesn't affect my ability to buy.

Saying that I accept the rules , just posting my point of view.
    I get that. I have 1000+ posts now and I'm still the same guy I was on post 1. However now other members have a "history" to "judge" me by. You are probably part of the "like minded folks" but how are people supposed to know that you are without knowing anything about you? Stuff on SC do sell if priced properly, no need to have 20k more members to view the forum. Bear in mind that there's no bidding and most items sell at asking price here. Members that are here purely for SC are often criticised, quite rightly so in my opinion.

In good old days, there was a name for some of this posters.

Blog Entries
    Easy peasy guys, it will take a while yet before you can look at my ever increasing clogg and stroopwafel sales.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    In good old days, there was a name for some of this posters.

In the good old days there used to be a sub forum where we could use that name quite openly without fear of reproach!

Apprentice
    Hello,
    as someone pointed out, I've been visiting this site on and off since 2007.
    I read a lot of the posts but I don't really have much extra to add.
    I find alot of info doing a search, so thanks for all of the info on the site!
    cheers,Mike

Master
    Hello,
    cheers,Mike
    I think this is a bit chicken and egg, somehow I'm on an average of 1.3 posts per day and it's not all inane comments (many may disagree). One comment can kick off a new comment or even a thread and before you know you're there.
    As some wise person said earlier better to let it be part of a natural flow or progression.
    I do tend to ask quite a few questions on the site for genuine reasons and it soon mounted up.

Hello,
    cheers,Mike
    For some reason from your OP I thought you were an old lag with an expired membership who had to rejoin, but you really have only posted 36 times in 9 years. Good work

Craftsman
    So you want the benefits of the filter that creates an environment of "like minded folk", but no filter?

I think in general sellers here appreciate that responses to their adverts are from established personalities that are having to look after their reputations.

Der Amf ,

maybe I haven't explained myself properly, by like minded folk I meant someone that has a serious interest in wrist watches and specific brands in paticular.

Enough of an interest to register on here and either read and gain some extra knowledge and occasionally reply to threads that interest them enough to comment.

I've registered on quite a few websites to read things that I have an interest in , I certainly have contributed to threads on some but not all of them .

I would politely suggest that registering on here and being a member for a few years would indicate a clear interest in the subject and the site in general.

Selling is up to the individual and only they can make a decision on who they would like to sell to , if it was me the amount of posts on a website would be way down the list of criteria to make a judgement, but that's just me.

I hope this response makes my thoughts a bit clearer.

Regards.

Pace yourself, son. For the love of God, pace yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    For some reason from your OP I thought you were an old lag with an expired membership who had to rejoin, but you really have only posted 36 times in 9 years. Good work
    One new joiner posted 50 times in a single Saturday evening

Der Amf ,

maybe I haven't explained myself properly, by like minded folk I meant someone that has a serious interest in wrist watches and specific brands in paticular.

Enough of an interest to register on here and either read and gain some extra knowledge and occasionally reply to threads that interest them enough to comment.

I've registered on quite a few websites to read things that I have an interest in , I certainly have contributed to threads on some but not all of them .

I would politely suggest that registering on here and being a member for a few years would indicate a clear interest in the subject and the site in general.

Selling is up to the individual and only they can make a decision on who they would like to sell to , if it was me the amount of posts on a website would be way down the list of criteria to make a judgement, but that's just me.

I hope this response makes my thoughts a bit clearer.

Regards.
    I think you've mistaken my point for a needle at you. However I think I've said enough for this thread so I wouldn't make another go at explaining myself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Easy peasy guys, it will take a while yet before you can look at my ever increasing clogg and stroopwafel sales.

Daddel.
    On a more serious note, I'd be quite interested in buying some original dutch stroopwafels, if you're selling

Master
    One new joiner posted 50 times in a single Saturday evening
    I think the guy with the narrow strap and a short fuse might beat that performance. And all in a single thread

Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    I think the guy with the narrow strap and a short fuse might beat that performance. And all in a single thread
    A virtuoso performance. Now he's nearing 50 posts his temper is beginning to calm.

Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    Is that thread gone?

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Is that thread gone?
    Yup, boom!

Apprentice

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Im Back!
    I'll get 50 posts by 2025....
    with a bit of luck and some serious effort

Master

Smile

You will get there, nice to see another from the Highlands

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post