closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Now where did I leave the car?

Now where did I leave the car?

A driver who lost their BMW in a multi-storey car park six months ago, has finally been reunited with it.Back in June, a friend of the owner, borrowed the car and drove down from Scotland to go to a Stone Roses concert at the Etihad Stadium.
    They parked in a city centre car park, but after the gig forgot which one they had left it in.
    They then spent the next few days fruitlessly searching for the vehicle in various car parks, but gave up after day five.
    The owner then emailed various companies and the council to see if it had been located or removed, but to no avail.

But it was found!

Thankfully, officers stumbled across the apparently abandoned car at around midnight on Friday.
    They checked the records, found it had been reported as lost/stolen, then contacted the owner with the good news.
    At a guess, officers predict the bill may be in the region of a mind-blowing £5,000.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2017...fter-6-months/

An rather odd story to start the New Year.

Blog Entries
    How do you do that???

I hope they waive the charges!

Almost up there with forgetting that you'd left your Porsche at the train station:

http://metro.co.uk/2011/01/19/jermai...orsche-629935/

Craftsman
    Dude where's my car???

Master
    Viz Top Tip 1. If leaving your car in an unfamiliar location or large car park, leave the headlights on so it is easy to find later.

Viz Top Tip 2. Always carry a spare battery in your car as the original can sometimes go flat and you will not be able to start your car.

Went to a Stone Roses concert then couldn't remember where they parked the car? Ah, those were the days.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    How do you do that???

I hope they waive the charges!
    Wouldn't that become the insurance companies bill having paid out for the car?

I did something similar at the Heathrow long term parking many years ago. Used to work in Edinburgh at the time so I'd fly up on Monday and back on Friday, did this for around 4 years and always had a spot where I would park except that week the car park was busy so must have parked elsewhere and on my return could not find my car. These places are massive and I was there walking around for well over an hour before they caught me on cctv and sent out a bus which took me round the entire car park to help me find the car.

Started using an arrive and park service shortly afterwards.