closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BBC Spy in the Wild

BBC Spy in the Wild

Just watched the first episode and it's raised the bar for the Beeb, IMO: the equal of Planet Earth.

Stunning wildlife videography, utilising animatronic robots that are so good they're capable of fooling the animals they replicate and capturing some astonishing scenes through the cameras located in the robot's eyes.

Just superb.

Available here on iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...he-wild-1-love

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Totally agree! Great viewing. Some excellent footage, the crocodile was amazing!!

Yeah, loved it.
    The empathy shown by the chimps and the apparent grief from the monkeys and giraffes were amazing to watch.

This sort of stuff is why I'm not against the license fee.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Excellent stuff. Amazing technology too.

Absolutely stunning
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

Stunning wildlife videography, utilising animatronic robots that are so good they're capable of fooling the animals they replicate and capturing some astonishing scenes through the cameras located in the robot's eyes.

R
    I didn't watch the whole show but in what way did they 'fool' the animals? And did the robot's camera capture anything of any worth?

All the interesting stuff I saw was filmed by the ordinary camera, the one with the two birds using the hole in the tree, the hole being made smaller by mud. That footage was interesting. But what was the point of 'egg cam'? I don't recall seeing footage of the nest roof or a bird's arse. We saw the egg cam from a camera in the wall....and then they stuck a stupid robot chick in the nest with them. I don't recall seeing anything from that either.

Half the programme seems to be about filming their robots, with smug narration from David Tennant...the other half is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I didn't watch the whole show but in what way did they 'fool' the animals? And did the robot's camera capture anything of any worth?

All the interesting stuff I saw was filmed by the ordinary camera, the one with the two birds using the hole in the tree, the hole being made smaller by mud. That footage was interesting. But what was the point of 'egg cam'? I don't recall seeing footage of the nest roof or a bird's arse. We saw the egg cam from a camera in the wall....and then they stuck a stupid robot chick in the nest with them. I don't recall seeing anything from that either.

Half the programme seems to be about filming their robots, with smug narration from David Tennant...the other half is interesting
    Probably better if you don't watch the next episodes. It looks like you're really hard to please.......Mr. Attenborough !

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Probably better if you don't watch the next episodes. It looks like you're really hard to please.......Mr. Attenborough !
    I'll record it so I can fast forward through footage of dung cam and a robot penguin that sh'ts an egg cam.

Master
    Has to be said that it was great photography but I agree the majority of it wasn't from spy-animal... but I suppose we're so used to great natural wildlife filming now, they have to add a wrinkle to get us hooked... But I find the deceit distasteful.
    The programme was good enough to stand up without the gimmick.