closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thailand dealers

Craftsman

Thailand dealers

Does anyone know if it's worth looking for watches in Bangkok? I'll be out there soon for work and would be good to have a browse if it's worthwhile. I'm sure that part of the world will be laden with fakes but any local knowledge would be handy.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by tabascokid View Post
    Does anyone know if it's worth looking for watches in Bangkok? I'll be out there soon for work and would be good to have a browse if it's worthwhile. I'm sure that part of the world will be laden with fakes but any local knowledge would be handy.

Cheers!
    Ryan is the resident expert on Bangkok watch purchases, hopefully he'll be along to advise.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Ryan is the resident expert on Bangkok watch purchases, hopefully he'll be along to advise.
    Excellent. Cheers for the tip!

It's been years since I was there, but the shopping mall MBK used to be a good place to peruse.

Plenty of grey/second hand dealers to be found. Not sure about pricing given how weak the pound is, but some good deals to be had if you know what to look for. Bangkok used to be a mekka for second hand watches many years ago. Not sure how things are today.

Fakes are mostly for tourists and sold on the street. A reputable grey dealer in Bangkok or Hong Kong for that matter wouldn't be caught dead with one. So would advise easing off on the stereotype when you are there, to save you a good beating

Was there over New Year and there was no savings to be had anywhere.

You can look in MbK and also the jewellery section in Central, the watch guys in Central are on the 4th floor but take some searching.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boarder1 View Post
    Was there over New Year and there was no savings to be had anywhere.

You can look in MbK and also the jewellery section in Central, the watch guys in Central are on the 4th floor but take some searching.
    + Pre-owned watch markets in MBK and Central World
    + Watch boutiques (e.g. Patek Philippe, Rolex, Omega, Panerai etc.) and ADs at Siam Paragon M Floor

All are in walking distance and easy to get access by BTS Skytrain.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Auragentum View Post
    It's been years since I was there, but the shopping mall MBK used to be a good place to peruse.

Plenty of grey/second hand dealers to be found. Not sure about pricing given how weak the pound is, but some good deals to be had if you know what to look for. Bangkok used to be a mekka for second hand watches many years ago. Not sure how things are today.

Fakes are mostly for tourists and sold on the street. A reputable grey dealer in Bangkok or Hong Kong for that matter wouldn't be caught dead with one. So would advise easing off on the stereotype when you are there, to save you a good beating
    Ha! Duly noted. I was there a few months ago but didn't have chance to look and my only other experience was from about twenty years ago when I was bombarded on all fronts by fake Tags, Rolexs and Omegas. My wrists are duly slapped. :)