closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 1,501 to 1,521 of 1521

Thread: Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Master
    Ok, now I'm massively impressed by Sinn, even moreso than I have been over the years.

The tegimented 22mm push button clasp arrived, but it's different from one I had many years ago. It has a normal spring bar connection for the silicone at the six o'clock end, but at the 12 o'clock end it has a jaw which clamps shut on to the silicone, using the metal bar fillers as a 'stop'.

Basically it takes away any "I've cut it too short" anxiety and renders the silicone completely adjustable. Superb idea. And the jaw clamp really is hugely strong.

Pictures are worth a thousand words...

That newer clasp does indeed look a big step in the right direction

The ongoing (and widespread across all brands, admittedly) lack of on-the-fly micro-adjustent remains a sore point with me - the fact Certina coud manage it on a £500 quartz watch suggests it shouldn't be beyond the resources of any maker!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    That newer clasp does indeed look a big step in the right direction

The ongoing (and widespread across all brands, admittedly) lack of on-the-fly micro-adjustent remains a sore point with me - the fact Certina coud manage it on a £500 quartz watch suggests it shouldn't be beyond the resources of any maker!
    Exactly. Given that micro adjust has been around for some years, and manufacturers like San Martin do magnificent micro adjust on watches that retail for pennies, it really should be defacto on every watch.

This Sinn clasp is definitely a work of art though. Looking forward to a tegimented version for the UX bracelet (only non-teg currently).

Master
    A bit of colour for the brighter day...

The UX a does look great.

I had the new adjustable clasp on my U1, I think my Tegimented version was £400 with new silicone from Neil at Chronomaster. I eventually tired of the frankly enormous clasp and went back to the bracelet, before I sold it. I found the clasp did have a sneaky habit of coming undone.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    The UX a does look great.

I had the new adjustable clasp on my U1, I think my Tegimented version was £400 with new silicone from Neil at Chronomaster. I eventually tired of the frankly enormous clasp and went back to the bracelet, before I sold it. I found the clasp did have a sneaky habit of coming undone.

D
    That's annoying. Was that from accidental button press? The jaw on this one is almost impossible to open!

Not the micro-adjustment, that was always solid and I rarely altered it. It was the main clasp unlocking, and it sometimes needed a firm press to lock it. Sometimes extending my wrist would put enough pressure on the back of the clasp to trigger it unlocking.

To be fair it was size that cause me to swap back to the bracelet, and that weighed a tonne!

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Sounds like it was quite tight on your wrist. I wear my watches loose, always have. I can't imagine this one popping open, even with the buttons it takes a concerted effort to open. At least it stays on the wrist when it is opened.

Looks glorious on the red strap!

Just got the brand new 144 Jubilee II.., bracelet + rubber...., amazing watch!

https://i.imgur.com/wEVjfKV.jpeg

Master
    Looks glorious on the red strap!
    That's what my other half said. She loves it!

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    That's what my other half said. She loves it!
    Now that really is a result!

Master
    Now that really is a result!
    I am truly blessed. Isabel loves my watches and is interested (to a point) to learn about them.

I lost her the other evening whilst explaining the differences between the bezel mechanisms of the UX and DC66, but she's largely there.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    I am truly blessed. Isabel loves my watches and is interested (to a point) to learn about them.

I lost her the other evening whilst explaining the differences between the bezel mechanisms of the UX and DC66, but she's largely there.

Excellent! Platinum-tier Keeper you've got there!

Mine goes as far as vaguely amused tolerance, which can extend to middling enthusiasm if she wants to borrow something, but that's rare since I bought her a 37mm Luminox in her favourite colour scheme which she basically lives in! Tried to wean her onto fancier brands (even the dreaded R-word) but she's not interested in dressy stuff...

If Sinn ever do a PVD 556 with an orange dial, that story will change!

Master
    Excellent! Platinum-tier Keeper you've got there!

Mine goes as far as vaguely amused tolerance, which can extend to middling enthusiasm if she wants to borrow something, but that's rare since I bought her a 37mm Luminox in her favourite colour scheme which she basically lives in! Tried to wean her onto fancier brands (even the dreaded R-word) but she's not interested in dressy stuff...

If Sinn ever do a PVD 556 with an orange dial, that story will change!
    If only we WIS'ers could be so easily pleased.

Craftsman
    I recently bought one of the new clasps to try out. I am very familiar with the original large clasps as my 2007 Sinn U2 came with one. I also used the same when I bought my U1000 in 2017.

The new adjustable large clasp works well, but I do agree that it seems to take more effort to push closed (without using both buttons).

One issue I had when fitting the clasp was getting the spring bar to seat in the non-adjustable side of the clasp. I first tried it one new silicone that I was fitting to the U1000..... it took me the best part of an hour! (I even trimmed the silicone edge as much as I dared, to make more space). After switching back to the bracelet on my U1000, I decided to fit the new clasp to my U2 as it was time for new silicone on that watch..... same struggle, albeit not so long to fit. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have plenty of experience changing the silicone straps on U-series, so can normally do it in a few minutes or less.

Master
    It is a bit tricky to seat, although I found that by inserting a thin screwdriver first, a little leverage made it pop straight in. Removing a strap bar first made it a lot easier.

Just had a custom leather strap made to fit the clasp I went for a 20mm instead of of the 22mm, looks great I think

Definitely looks better for the added taper. Bet it wears better too?

Definitely looks better for the added taper. Bet it wears better too?
    It does to be fair feels lighter on the wrist
    John over Black_Isle_leatherwords made it for me, it comes with 3 brands so you have adjustment
    and only cost £50 delivered

Master
    Very nice indeed Bazza. Love it on the UX!