closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Hybrid View

Looks glorious on the red strap!

Just got the brand new 144 Jubilee II.., bracelet + rubber...., amazing watch!

https://i.imgur.com/wEVjfKV.jpeg

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Looks glorious on the red strap!
    That's what my other half said. She loves it!

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    That's what my other half said. She loves it!
    Now that really is a result!

Master
    Now that really is a result!
    I am truly blessed. Isabel loves my watches and is interested (to a point) to learn about them.

I lost her the other evening whilst explaining the differences between the bezel mechanisms of the UX and DC66, but she's largely there.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    I am truly blessed. Isabel loves my watches and is interested (to a point) to learn about them.

I lost her the other evening whilst explaining the differences between the bezel mechanisms of the UX and DC66, but she's largely there.

Excellent! Platinum-tier Keeper you've got there!

Mine goes as far as vaguely amused tolerance, which can extend to middling enthusiasm if she wants to borrow something, but that's rare since I bought her a 37mm Luminox in her favourite colour scheme which she basically lives in! Tried to wean her onto fancier brands (even the dreaded R-word) but she's not interested in dressy stuff...

If Sinn ever do a PVD 556 with an orange dial, that story will change!

Master
    Excellent! Platinum-tier Keeper you've got there!

Mine goes as far as vaguely amused tolerance, which can extend to middling enthusiasm if she wants to borrow something, but that's rare since I bought her a 37mm Luminox in her favourite colour scheme which she basically lives in! Tried to wean her onto fancier brands (even the dreaded R-word) but she's not interested in dressy stuff...

If Sinn ever do a PVD 556 with an orange dial, that story will change!
    If only we WIS'ers could be so easily pleased.

Craftsman
    I recently bought one of the new clasps to try out. I am very familiar with the original large clasps as my 2007 Sinn U2 came with one. I also used the same when I bought my U1000 in 2017.

The new adjustable large clasp works well, but I do agree that it seems to take more effort to push closed (without using both buttons).

One issue I had when fitting the clasp was getting the spring bar to seat in the non-adjustable side of the clasp. I first tried it one new silicone that I was fitting to the U1000..... it took me the best part of an hour! (I even trimmed the silicone edge as much as I dared, to make more space). After switching back to the bracelet on my U1000, I decided to fit the new clasp to my U2 as it was time for new silicone on that watch..... same struggle, albeit not so long to fit. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have plenty of experience changing the silicone straps on U-series, so can normally do it in a few minutes or less.