closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai question

Craftsman

Panerai question

Hi chaps,

I made a quiet little detour via a Panerai shop in Paris recently and was extremely well received - great range of watches and a good chat with the chap in the shop.

When it came down to discussing prices I was kindly informed that they were non-negotiable in the official Panerai stores.

Question 1: Is this true?
    Question 2: Is there really a difference in value for a watch stamped from an official Panerai store vs. an accredited dealer?

Although the price was "fixed" a certain number of "special arrangements" could be made but no change on the watch price itself amounting to a value of roughly €300.

All in all - i'm looking to buy my first Panerai and even if i'd considered 2nd hand, now having tried on brand new, I wouldn't consider anything else.

Thanks in advance for your feedback & personal experience!
    Nt

I have had a few Panerai in the past, 111,024 and a 380.I purchased all mine second hand in mint condition,my advice is buy the one you love and be prepared to take hit if you ever decide to sell,then if you actually make a profit its a pleasant surprise.All mine sold for more than I paid, so I was happy. I left the brand for a few years ,then last week my Panerai 372 landed and I love it .Excuse poor pics

Master
    I have bought two panerai in the past, 49 and 422. I was able to negotiate some 10 per cent discount on the 49 and 19 per cent on the 422. It pays to shop around.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I have bought two panerai in the past, 49 and 422. I was able to negotiate some 10 per cent discount on the 49 and 19 per cent on the 422. It pays to shop around.
    But ... did you buy from a Panerai boutique or an AD?

As the OP suggests ... I would not expect any discount from a Panerai boutique .. this was what I found when visiting boutique in NYC ... ended up buying elsewhere and getting very good discount on 3 month old 674 from a dealer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post

As the OP suggests ... I would not expect any discount from a Panerai boutique .. this was what I found when visiting boutique in NYC ... ended up buying elsewhere and getting very good discount on 3 month old 674 from a dealer.
    From an AD in the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post

From an AD in the UK.

Craftsman
    I got my 312 from Iconic Watches - with £1000 off RRP. The paperwork came stamped from an AD in Florence too

Q1-yes. It's their job to uphold the brand value hence little or nothing off
    Q2- not really, especially if it's a UK authorised dealer (think of potential purchaser's worries about returning overseas etc)

I've always been told no discount when I've been to Ads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Discounts have been harder to get since they've gone more in-house and "cache".
    Usually it's a flat no unless you've got leverage.

Master
    I can get a discount from a boutique but i have bought 8 panerai so that helps. In regards to value, a stamp from a boutique will NOT make your watch suddenly worth more than one from an AD. Makes absolutely no difference.

The benefit of going via boutiques tho are things like 1) fast access to limited editions in the future or boutique only releases 2) invited to events such as factory visits to switzerland paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk