closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Silverstone Classic?

Craftsman

Silverstone Classic?

Has anyone been to and have any opinions on Silverstone Classic?

Been to Silverstone on many occassions for F1 and Moto GP but fancy trying this next year.

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I attended this year, absolutely fantastic and well worth the money.

You have access to 95% of the pits/paddock even while the cars are being worked on, the sound of half a dozen racing engines being revved in a crowded pit garage is something to behold.

Friday & Saturday were my preferred days as Sunday is just so busy you struggle to get around and see everything.

I've just booked again for next year

I went two years ago - hugely over-priced IMO. An event for the cloth-cap 'classic racer' types - if that's your thing and a day's admission at nearly £60 each is acceptable, it's probably worth it.

Lots of car events/shows in the general area for a fraction of the price.

A bit of a bargain compared with going to the Le Mans Classic and really, pretty much the same cars are present.

Silverstone is a better place to watch short, classic car events too, the full Le Mans track is too long for spectators of short races.

If you like that sort of thing, it's a good day out. Lots of off track attractions, too, probably far more than F1/Moto GP days, but I've not been to the GP since 1979!

Personally, if you've not been, I'd prefer the Goodwood Revival, but you've missed that this year.

Mark

Great event super pit access great cars

but its Silverstone buses are ok but advise take some form of infield transport bike / scooter / electric something

its a long walk around everything ! or i may just be showing age

I have been going on and off since it started out as Coys Historic Festival 20 years ago.

If you are a member of a car club and they are attending, you can get 2 x 3 day passes with infield parking for your car for for around £100 ( I cant remember the exact figure, might be £120) which makes the event a lot cheaper than paying £60 per ticket per day on the gate. I usually camp, the facilities are pretty good now and the main site is close enough to avoid the majority of the queues if you want to take your car in.
    It is a great event, lots for the family to do although the focus it on the cars obviously.

Le Mans classic is better IMHO but I stay in a hotel on the Mulsanne, so I get to watch the cars throughout the night with cold beer from the bar and dont have to put up with sleeping in a tent, which probably contributes a lot to why I find LMC better, but it is a LOT more expensive. Mostly the same cars as Silverstone Classic as mentioned above though.

If you get the car club tickets and sell any you dont need/use for a discount price, you can make it a very cheap day out.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the info. Will get some tickets booked for me and the missus.

Just have to hope Moto GP is confirmed as well so I can make two visits next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    We go to the Classic every year, real mixture of people and cars always something to see and do including night racing and live music.

These days there is no admission on the gate unless you have purchased tickets in advance and they currently have a good offer on until early December.

Master
    I've been twice and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Compared to Goodwood it's a cheap event, even accounting for having to stay away (Goodwood is a 40 minute drive for me).
    I didn't go last year, but plan to do so again next year.